• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LastCaress

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Do this, but in an app. And link people through a number that you can display on your shirt or something. That way you see some random person you like on the street, you press the button on your phone with person's number, and if the person does the same with your number there's a match and you can bone.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's a question of need. All relationships are different, and I think making assumptions about other people's relationship is rude and judgey, quite frankly.

This is silly, sure. I would never use it. But if it helps people, great.

To be fair, ResetEra is populated by large penised men with partners who are so horny they actually want sex too much so I understand why anyone who would maybe benefit from this would be seen as a weirdo loser by the community. Also make sure to ridicule anyone who wouldn't use this themselves but sees no harm in it.

Good4Squat

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Hmm.. It does seem like a bit of a strange concept. But maybe it might actually help some people.
I do think in most cases it would be better to have an open dialogue about these things. But I suppose that is sometimes easier said than done.

Nov 17, 2017
Should it be tho? Embarrassing? "Not tonight honey." "Sorry, I'm not in the mood."
When they aren't in the mood more often than they are, it certainly can be. I don't think most people just bluntly ask for sex but instead initiate foreplay/set the mood/etc. which requires vulnerability and putting oneself out there. When it's not received, yeah, it can sting and can be embarrassing. There's an awkwardness to sexual actions being one sided.

Plus, it's not about simply being rejected but being rejected repeatedly to the point that you associate trying to have sex with rejection more than intimacy. So it's not like every time a partner turns you down it hurts, there needs to be enough of a deficit where you feel unwanted.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is way over complicated, at least for heterosexual relationships. You just need a single button with an alarm on it that the lady presses when she wants it.

A bell would do the same job.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
"Why haven't you pressed the Love Button for six months Lucy?!?!?!"

"WHAT. I'VE BEEN PRESSING IT MOST NIGHTS YOU ASSHOLE"

"Wait what? Let me check the batteries..... Oh"

Yeah for regular lives this shit is terrible, but I can see it having using for certain couples who have an issue with open intimacy/as a gag gift.

Ash735

Banned
Sep 4, 2018
This could have some use in the swingers scene
VAaBpei.gif

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
We don't need a button, just time and energy.

Mostly time...the energy hits if we have the time.

I'm in on the time-machine kick-starter.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Saw it on Twitter last night, through this much better suggestion:

But, regardless: I was expecting it to be for FWBs, and was scrolling down wondering how ridiculously expensive it was going to be for something you buy in such a casual relationship. Aaaaand then I was blindsided by the word wife.

Listen, not exactly a relationship expert here. But I feel like you should probably actually talk about your sex drive with your SO instead of offloading that on needlessly expensive technology? Especially as people have pointed out that it's not exactly any better when your partner never actually reciprocates the tapping. That just makes the problem worse.

Watched the video pitch.
Made by a married couple, 15 years. Apparently she's a marriage counselor.

I guess they mean well, but when they start breaking it down to science, that's where I check out.

I think she said she managed a family/marriage counseling center, not that she was a counselor herself?

"DESIRE MAY BE CANCELED USING A 4 SECOND BUTTON HOLD"

Someone posting this image on Twitter was honestly the best part of it, I'd missed it at first.

Judging by their graph, it doesn't seem like this is made for people who aren't having sex or aren't communicating, like many seem to assume from the comments.

It's basically assuming in a healthy relationship people are going to be having sex when at least one person is really in the mood and the other person is at least somewhat in the mood. Their hypothesis is that there is a whole "zone" that intersects where both people have at least an interest in having sex but it just doesn't happen. I assume this would also be for long term relationships where people are busy or maybe regular sex is infrequent to where a chance to sync up when both people are at least moderately in the mood would mean more frequent sex, hypothetically as long as they are in the mood enough to press the button.

I can at least see the purpose behind it and can imagine scenarios where it could potentially help couples get past that slightly awkward bit of interaction that might routinely discourage some intimacy. This is all assuming they have a baseline of a healthy-ish relationship to begin with.

This doesn't totally line up with the video explaining why it was made, though- him fearing rejection and not wanting to stress her out by asking.

Which, frankly: love a 2 minute long pitch video when within the first minute the person pitching has acknowledged how unnecessary the product is.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I'm talking about my wife, the mother of my children.

That's great. If it could work for you and your wife, contribute to this startup. But once you've actually seen that tiny tube expand to 10cm and your baby's head pop out I can't imagine why you'd ever feel embarrassed about talking to the woman you love again. It's a bonding experience you will never forget.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
A relationship would most likely have to be in a pretty dire shape and awkward as hell if the act of asking your partner if they want to have sex has to be reduced to a 2 button press confirmation. Fuck using your mouth to communicate with your partner, amirite? And if your partner keeps shooting you down for sex over and over when you ask then a button sure as hell ain't gonna make it happen more often.

The only thing I could see this being useful for is if you want to discreetely rendevous to the bedroom with your partner during a social gathering or some shit.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
The only thing I could see this being useful for is if you want to discreetely rendevous to the bedroom with your partner during a social gathering or some shit.

Oh yeah now you mention it my wife and I might well have had a use for the button.

Then again, no. Typical situation: I'd just find a secluded corner and wait until she got bored with the dancing and stuff. Then she would come to me, then we'd canoodle. Not sex because that would be gross in the circumstances. But lots of intimate love-making.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like this still wouldn't work for me. Even saw the Chippendales with her and her friends

MrChocolate

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus christ you people are weird. What was wrong with pulling your dick and touching the GF? She wants or she doesn't.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
How is it anonymous if there are two buttons?

I think they mean your partner can express their sexual availability without leaping on you. The correct word obviously isn't "anonymous." Privacy is the key, I suppose. So they'll be walking around and then at some point feeling very horny, so they press the button.

What really gets me is that they could just start acting seductively towards their chosen mate. Why would that be so difficult? If the mate isn't interested, you have fingers and hands and whatnot.

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
They haven't hit their goal. This has to be one of the worst ratios of clicks to backers in KS history

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
You know, now that I'm fully understanding the function of this button (which, yes, should just be an app), I kind of think it makes sense.

There's a reason I don't want to exchange phone numbers with people I'm casually hooking up with. If I'm not on Grindr I don't want you messaging me dick pics or eggplant emojis. If I'm on Grindr, go to town.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
This is fucking dumb. So if you're just watching TV next to each other and you fall into one of the scenarios where you're not sure if they want to or aren't motivated enough to make the first move, you're just gonna pull out the button while next to each other? What?