• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
I don't need a button to tell me what I already know.
One will be set to 5 taps 24/7. The other will be set to NETWORK ERROR.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
The main issue I have is that it's purely for sex. It's not for initiating a discussion about your relationship, unless there's a 30 second quick fire round function? Which I suppose could have a dual purpose I suppose!

Having sex purely to get off is probably the worst way to try and fix a relationship.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Who said anything about fixing a relationship?

The campaign itself.

I thought it was for FWBs at first too, but it's meant to just be like... avoiding actually discussing your sex drives with your SO.

There's a video at the bottom where the creator and his wife talk about it and he basically goes "I could have just talked to her, but I might have gotten rejected" and like. Yes. Dude. You probably need to talk about that stuff.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
The entire premise of the device is built around issues in a relationship.
The campaign itself.

I thought it was for FWBs at first too, but it's meant to just be like... avoiding actually discussing your sex drives with your SO.

There's a video at the bottom where the creator and his wife talk about it and he basically goes "I could have just talked to her, but I might have gotten rejected" and like. Yes. Dude. You probably need to talk about that stuff.
No, I understand that much, but the idea isn't that having sex fixes the relationship. What's being fixed is the difficulting in aligning sex drives, which likely to happen often in a closed monogamous relationship.

It would be great if everyone went to therapy to get past the damage that our puritanical roots cause to our sexuality and learned to self reflect in a capacity that allows for easy, fluid communication about this sort of thing, but society isn't conducive to that.

Relationships encompass a wide variety of compatibility factors, and sex drives aren't always going to line up even in the best of circumstances.

It makes sense that something like this would alleviate the pressure of performing for your partner or getting them into the mood.

After all, open communication isn't going to magically fix the fact that one person is in the mood and the other person isn't.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
What's wrong with a simple text message?

This past Friday my wife was outside in the yard looking hot, so I texted her "dtf?" and we later did the deed.

Getting rejected is part of life. Yeah, if you're getting rejected constantly there's a problem, however a gadget like this isn't going to solve it.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland

Oh boy!

There is no normal way to be married, so let's get that out of the way.

There are relationships between people, that might need a bit of work. I'd expect that differences in libido would tend to sort out early, but libido can change over time. Long distance commuting, having a young baby, and so on, the effects can be devastating to the normal life of the couple.

There's no right or wrong way to fix the problems. They're very private and inherently difficult to talk about.

Having said that, a long term partner should probably not worry about rejection. This is somebody you love. If you have sexual organs and hands, you don't really need to rely on your partner to be available all the time.