• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
15 GUNS AND OVER 1,000 ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION. Our gun laws are fucking BROKEN.
lol that's not even that many guns or ammo.

This is Mel Bernstein, who has literally thousands of guns and probably millions of rounds of ammo, as well as multiple tanks and armored vehicles.
https://i./i/pix/2017/06/26/00/41C1876100000578-4638208-image-a-26_1498431979529.jpg

He also likes making jokes about killing black people and democrats.
COCOLguns_0049.jpg

images

And there's tons of other people who have "collections" that nearly rival his. However fucked you think our gun laws are, I can promise you it's worse than that.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
1000 rounds is nothing. i know people that take that much for a day at the range.

if he had 1000 rounds per gun he had stock piled that would be different. The key here is not how much ammo he had its his liberal hit list thats pretty much inspired by trump/fox news hate.

Oct 27, 2017
Makes you stop and think how many more of these nut jobs will get triggered and crawl out from under rocks when Trump is impeached.

Harp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1000 rounds is nothing. i know people that take that much for a day at the range.

if he had 1000 rounds per gun he had stock piled that would be different. The key here is not how much ammo he had its his liberal hit list thats pretty much inspired by trump/fox news hate.
Aye. Fifteen guns and a thousand rounds of ammo is chump change for my dad. And aside from being a pretty cranky old dick and not a particularly great father, he's not a psychopath. He is a republican, though he can't stand Trump. Big environmentalist. The man used to yell at me for killing bugs as a kid. He's as harmless as could be.

Not that our gun laws aren't completely fucked with the loopholes that certain folks can use to acquire them.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering if anybody made a thread on this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...51b7ff322e9_story.html?utm_term=.c592917b5837

Authorities said Hasson has harbored extremist views for years.

"The defendant is a domestic terrorist," the government said in court filings, "bent on committing acts dangerous to human life that are intended to affect governmental conduct."
In an email drafted in June 2017, he contemplated biological attacks and targeting food supplies, according to the court filings. He considered the merits of a "bombing/sniper campaign." And he included a "Things to do" list that mentioned purchasing land "out west or possibly NC mtns" for family and researching tactics used during the civil war in Ukraine.

"During unrest target both sides to increase tension," Hasson wrote in the email, according to the court filings. "In other words provoke gov/police to over react which should help to escalate violence. BLM protests or other left crap would be ideal to incite to violence."

In another letter drafted months later to an American neo-Nazi leader, cited in the court filing, Hasson called for a "white homeland." He sent the letter to himself nearly two months after the neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville, where torch-carrying white supremacists clashed with anti-racist protesters.

"I never saw a reason for mass protest or wearing uniforms marching around provoking people with swastikas etc.," Hasson said in the letter, according to court filings. "I was and am a man of action you cannot change minds protesting like that. However you can make change with a little focused violence."

Hasson's commitment to destruction appeared heightened in recent weeks, according to prosecutors. He created a list of "traitors" and targets on Jan. 19 in an Excel spreadsheet on his work computer, they said, which was created two days after he conducted several Internet inquiries:

8:54 a.m.: "what if trump illegally impeached"
8:57 a.m.: "best place in dc to see congress people"
8:58 a.m.: "where in dc to congress live"
10:39 a.m.: "civil war if trump impeached"
11:26 a.m.: "social democrats usa"

The arrest marks the second time that the service has responded to an incident involving alleged white supremacy in recent months. In September, the Coast Guard reprimanded a service member who flashed what some people identified as a white-supremacy sign in the background of a televised interview with another officer during the response to Hurricane Florence.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
I was wondering if anybody made a thread on this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...51b7ff322e9_story.html?utm_term=.c592917b5837
Authorities said Hasson has harbored extremist views for years.
"The defendant is a domestic terrorist," the government said in court filings, "bent on committing acts dangerous to human life that are intended to affect governmental conduct."
In an email drafted in June 2017, he contemplated biological attacks and targeting food supplies, according to the court filings. He considered the merits of a "bombing/sniper campaign." And he included a "Things to do" list that mentioned purchasing land "out west or possibly NC mtns" for family and researching tactics used during the civil war in Ukraine.
"During unrest target both sides to increase tension," Hasson wrote in the email, according to the court filings. "In other words provoke gov/police to over react which should help to escalate violence. BLM protests or other left crap would be ideal to incite to violence."
In another letter drafted months later to an American neo-Nazi leader, cited in the court filing, Hasson called for a "white homeland." He sent the letter to himself nearly two months after the neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville, where torch-carrying white supremacists clashed with anti-racist protesters.
"I never saw a reason for mass protest or wearing uniforms marching around provoking people with swastikas etc.," Hasson said in the letter, according to court filings. "I was and am a man of action you cannot change minds protesting like that. However you can make change with a little focused violence."
Hasson's commitment to destruction appeared heightened in recent weeks, according to prosecutors. He created a list of "traitors" and targets on Jan. 19 in an Excel spreadsheet on his work computer, they said, which was created two days after he conducted several Internet inquiries:
8:57 a.m.: "best place in dc to see congress people"
8:58 a.m.: "where in dc to congress live"
11:26 a.m.: "social democrats usa"
The arrest marks the second time that the service has responded to an incident involving alleged white supremacy in recent months. In September, the Coast Guard reprimanded a service member who flashed what some people identified as a white-supremacy sign in the background of a televised interview with another officer during the response to Hurricane Florence.

On his work computer? We're lucky guys like this are dumb.

Chaos-Theory

Dec 6, 2018
The Coastie went all out with high-speed gear including red-dot sights, vertical grips, ACOGS, ammo cans, and SAPI plates.

I'm glad he was caught because holy shit at the damage he would've done if he wasn't.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
CNN:

(((JonathanWeisman))) @jonathanweisman

So the FBI starts a live press conference about the prevention of a possible mass murder of political leaders and media figures in the nation's capital and CNN cuts away to file footage of old Jussie Smollett news? C'mon. CNN figures were on the target list, for God's sake!

2:14 PM - Feb 21, 2019

Ya as much of a cluster fuck the Smollett thing is, it overshadowing this incident is depressing.

Oct 31, 2017
Tell me about it.

Curious at the low responses to this thread. It's an important story but easy to miss due to the thread title.

Yeah that one thread about the racist social media manager has like twice the replies in half the time of this thread

Is this story not sexy enough? Microdick was stockpiling steroids and guns for a civil race war...

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Maybe the service and other organizations should review their members and clean house of all white supremacists.

Swauny Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So when do White People start getting racially profiled???

LOL!!! Anywhere outside of North America maybe which is a scary thought.

lol that's not even that many guns or ammo.

This is Mel Bernstein, who has literally thousands of guns and probably millions of rounds of ammo, as well as multiple tanks and armored vehicles.
https://i./i/pix/2017/06/26/00/41C1876100000578-4638208-image-a-26_1498431979529.jpg

He also likes making jokes about killing black people and democrats.
COCOLguns_0049.jpg

images

And there's tons of other people who have "collections" that nearly rival his. However fucked you think our gun laws are, I can promise you it's worse than that.

What's scary about this is what if a community of these guys just ban together and go ape-shit on everybody? Who's really going to stop them??

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I like the part where he's like "y'know me and those Muslim terrorist hate liberalism about the same". But then goes "but yeah they're Muslim so no".

Reminds me of some book by I think Ben Shapiro or one of those types where the villainous Muslim basically repeats conservative talking points and the self-insert protagonist agrees with him except for the part with him not being white.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
15 GUNS AND OVER 1,000 ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION. Our gun laws are fucking BROKEN.

And Joe Scarborough, after he referred to Trump as "the worst ever."

I hope this gets massive amounts of attention, but I'm doubtful it will.
How is it in Fallout 76, a video game, you can get banned for hoarding an insane amount of ammo but in real life, it's ok? Lol.

I know I'm making light of things but c'mon really, why does 1 person get the be able to hoard this amount of guns and ammo?

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

This is becoming a real concern. Trump might go quietly if the evidence against him is bad enough, but his supporters won't.

YMB

Nov 6, 2017
I know I'm making light of things but c'mon really, why does 1 person get the be able to hoard this amount of guns and ammo?
Believe it or not, but thats not that much if you are into firearms. Especially on ammo of which many will tell you thats practically the bare minimum you should own even if you only own 1-2 guns.

Chaos-Theory

Dec 6, 2018
Not shocked...military and police for the most part are just white terrorist organizations
I don't think you realize how many minorities are in the military:

Racial and ethnic minority groups made up 40% of Defense Department active-duty military in 2015

Here

Among enlisted recruits, 43 percent of men and 56 percent of women are Hispanic or a racial minority.

Here

Too many people seem to have this false belief that the military is 70-90% white and heavily Republican.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Philip Rucker @PhilipRucker

Trump said the Coast Guard member arrested for threatening Democrats and media figures was "a shame" and "a very sad thing."

Asked by @HallieJackson whether he bears any responsibility for his own language, Trump replied, "I think my language is very nice."

3:38 PM - Feb 22, 2019

Video:

NBC News @NBCNews

.@HallieJackson: Do you think you bear any responsibility for moderating your language after news of Coast Guard lieutenant's alleged plot?

President Trump: "I think it's a very sad thing ... No, I don't. I think my language is very nice." pic.twitter.com/zqxGzBd6eg

3:52 PM - Feb 22, 2019

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some people seem to think American minorities are incapable of participating in white supremacy.
Ex: The Killing of Frederick Gray by the Coward Baltimore PD

Or Obama taking out Qaddafi because he was working on a Pan-African currency instead of having African countries kick up to France.

Last edited:

Coolverine

May 7, 2018
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/04/25/politics/hasson-detention-judge/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

So not only is he not being charged with any terrorism related offenses, but he will soon be on supervised release. Even better, his attorney is literally using a Trump defense, claiming his list of targets can't be real as they're just people that Trump frequently blasts in public.

i'd say it is even worse. his attorney said this dude's racism is 100% like Trump's. like...WTF.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/04/25/politics/hasson-detention-judge/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

So not only is he not being charged with any terrorism related offenses, but he will soon be on supervised release. Even better, his attorney is literally using a Trump defense, claiming his list of targets can't be real as they're just people that Trump frequently blasts in public.
>
There is no federal domestic terrorism statute under which he could be charged.
Oyer referenced President Donald Trump multiple times, comparing her client's racial slurs and targeting of Democrats and the media to similar views that the President has taken.

Oyer said the list of names Hasson had allegedly assembled didn't amount to a hit list but "looks like the sort of list that our commander in chief might have compiled while watching Fox News in the morning."

She added that while the racial slurs Hasson allegedly used in private writings were condemnable, they are now part of the "national vocabulary."

"Donald Trump uses similar epithets in his everyday language and tweets," Oyer said.
That is insane.

When the dude was first arrested back in Feb, a bunch of lawyers / former prosecutors on twitter made note on how hard it is to bring domestic terrorism charges of the white supremacist variety in cases like this.

The "national vocabulary" defense used here seems like it's even more lax now.

Apr 17, 2019
Viridia
I hated the vile stuff the US president said and do on a regular basis.
I hated it even more when news and discussions about it is smothered under the apathetic blanket of normalization or in an attempt to deplatform him . i.e "It's Trump, what else is new?" or "Stop giving him more exposure" (guess what? He's your president, he'll get attention anyway)

Seeing it used as a legal defense to excuse motherfucking terrorism makes me physically sick.

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So when this guy murders multiple people, are we all going to go "how could we have known?!"

_ifigured

Oct 29, 2017
Disgusting. Supervised release isn't going to prevent another republican white male domestic terrorist mass shooting.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania

ABC News @ABC

After arrest of Coast Guard lieutenant, who allegedly amassed weapons and compiled list of Democratic lawmakers and journalists, Sarah Sanders says Pres. Trump hasn't "at any point" done anything "but condemn violence, against journalists or anyone else." https://abcn.ws/2E5Ozkh

9:10 AM - Feb 22, 2019

Philip Rucker @PhilipRucker

Trump said the Coast Guard member arrested for threatening Democrats and media figures was "a shame" and "a very sad thing."

Asked by @HallieJackson whether he bears any responsibility for his own language, Trump replied, "I think my language is very nice."

3:38 PM - Feb 22, 2019

Video:

NBC News @NBCNews

.@HallieJackson: Do you think you bear any responsibility for moderating your language after news of Coast Guard lieutenant's alleged plot?

President Trump: "I think it's a very sad thing ... No, I don't. I think my language is very nice." pic.twitter.com/zqxGzBd6eg

3:52 PM - Feb 22, 2019

Eat shit you fucking vile scum.

Earth will be a better place when Donald Trump is no longer on it. I hope he dies from explosive diarrhea, inside of a prison cell.

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017

This needs a new thread. I slapped my forehead with the force of thousand suns when I saw the video title on msnbc.