• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
I'm finally trying to reduce my backlog, so I figured I'd beat these two games before Astral Chain comes out.

I can't say I was the biggest fan of the first game. It looked nice in handheld mode when playing, but the cutscenes looked washed out.

I knew going in the the character was sexual, but I found myself cringing at a lot of it.

The gameplay was pretty good. Lots of fun combos and weapons to mix things up, if you wanted.

I started Bayonetta 2 yesterday and sexuality does seem toned down a little. One thing I'll say though is that Bayonetta 2 in handheld mode might be the best looking game on the switch. It's gorgeous. The colors, native resolution, 60fps, and just sharp.

If anyone is on the fence, I'd say watch the first game on YouTube and buy Bayonetta 2.

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
I preferred the second game although I really liked both. I didn't finish the original on 360 because, if memory serves, there was a bit where you have to shoot things with cannons and I kept dying and got pissed off with it.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bayo 2 was such a disappointment after the masterpiece that was Bayo 1. It's amazing on your first casual playthrough, but it's lacking the depth that these kinds of games need.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I adore both, I prefer the second one since it feels more balanced. First one is a ton better though, the combat is so good and even as a player that's not amazing, I can tell 2 lacks something, especially the Wicked Weaves just feel very weak unfortunately. Still amazing game though!

Schlauchkopf

Alt-account
Banned
Aug 20, 2018
I am a Bayonetta 2 boss. You must use witch time or I will randomly block and interrupt your combo. Are you annoyed yet? Hahaha!

effin

Jan 20, 2019
Do you think it's worth me trying them again? I think its been almost 3 times now that I've tried playing the first game, got about 3-4 hours in and then just have no want to play it again. I can't tell if the first one is just slow to start or if it's just not my type of game anymore.

I picked them both up on the switch but I'm having a really hard time wanting to go back, despite loving games like dmc3 back in the day.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Do you think it's worth me trying them again? I think its been almost 3 times now that I've tried playing the first game, got about 3-4 hours in and then just have no want to play it again. I can't tell if the first one is just slow to start or if it's just not my type of game anymore.

I picked them both up on the switch but I'm having a really hard time wanting to go back, despite loving games like dmc3 back in the day.
Give 2 a try at least, its less complex than 1 but for a first playthrough its very good, more bosses, more action faster pacing

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Kamiya's direct involvement in Bayonetta 1 shows (and for the better) while Bayonetta 2 is amazing I prefer Bayonetta 1 in nearly every aspect. And if your cringing at Bayonetta's sexuality your taking it way way to seriously cause lord knows Bayonetta her self doesn't take any of it seriously and frankly that's the charm of it.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I feel like many of you that Bayo 1 is much better than Bayo 2. The bosses in 2 are better minus the final boss, but I like everything else in 1 more.

OP
OP
AndrewDean84

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
Correct. Those QTEs are annoying af. Cringing at sexuality is kinda.....eh? Maybe OP doesn't get cheeky sexual tones while being a badass.

Love both games though when you're actually fighting.
Yeah, I don't get them. Just seem stupid to me.

I will say, as I keep progressing through Bayonetta 2, I really am liking it much more. The first game was so damn brown.

ADS

Oct 27, 2017
Bayo 2 was such a disappointment after the masterpiece that was Bayo 1. It's amazing on your first casual playthrough, but it's lacking the depth that these kinds of games need.

Quoted for truth. Bayonetta 1 is a true masterpiece, 2 was a great game, but nowhere near the heights 1 achieved.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't make it through the first Bayo as the sexual stuff got to be a bit too much for me. I have the second one, and I've been meaning to get around to playing it for a bit, just need to find the time to make it happen.