• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
I Wanna Be The Guy
Oct 28, 2017
You just finished the best season of the bunch, 4 is pretty good as well still. And it's all downhill from there unfortunately.
The single best character from here on out is Paige without a doubt, the only character that will make flaws and learn from them.
Also the flashback episode is gut puncher, just has a cop out ending.
Flashback episode? You referring to an episode coming up or something I've seen? Because I was gonna post something about one of the last episodes of season 3 that I would refer to as a flashback episode. Showed some of their lives before they were witches and I was gonna post how much that episode reminded me I liked Pru's shorter hair better and I wish she would go back to that style in the future.

In the future :(

May 5, 2018
I think the show is fine for the late 90's early 2000's schlock it is supposed to be. It's comfort food tv. It's easy to watch. I'm sure opinions are varied but I think the early seasons are more revered than the later ones. Or at least the early seasons tried to be somewhat cohesive and centered. The show really spins it's wheels most of the time and is just stagnant, particularly when Alyssa Milano and Holly Marie Combs become producers.

But that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. Or be entertained by the absurdity.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Flashback episode? You referring to an episode coming up or something I've seen? Because I was gonna post something about one of the last episodes of season 3 that I would refer to as a flashback episode. Showed some of their lives before they were witches and I was gonna post how much that episode reminded me I liked Pru's shorter hair better and I wish she would go back to that style in the future.

In the future :(

The episode is still coming, it'll be focussed on Paige and it's a genuinely sad episode.

OP
OP
I Wanna Be The Guy
Oct 28, 2017
The episode is still coming, it'll be focussed on Paige and it's a genuinely sad episode.
Think I just watched that episode. The one with Paige going back in time to relive her parents deaths, right? Good episode. I actually really like Paige so far. With each passing episode she's definitely the character I look most forward to seeing.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes that's the one. I really felt that was the character defying episode for Paige, just felt that the episode shits the bed by the end when reuniting her with her parents. It went completely against what she felt and accepted throughout the episode, but oh well.

Happy that you're liking Paige though. Prue being gone is no doubt a loss, but Paige is a great character of her own and fills in the slot nicely.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Pru's death was a massive shock to me as a kid. Used to love watching the show after school. The later couple of seasons are trash but I remember up until at least season 5 or 6 the show is still fun, and Piper being the eldest sister becomes an infinitely better character with the coolest powers and storylines (for the most part)

I've been watching the reboot series and really enjoying it. Its obviously different but it works

OP
OP
I Wanna Be The Guy
Oct 28, 2017
So they killed the Source but now Cole is becoming the new Source. In the last episode a future version of Pheobe came back and I think Pheoebe is now going to go through with marrying Cole.

I'm glad this has happened Cole being pure good made him far less interesting. Cole is best when he has that good vs evil conflict going on inside of him.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Guys I thought you said season 4 was supposed to be the point of dropping quality? I beg to differ.

Not really, season 4 still has really good aspects, but I'd say that the cracks that were there start to spread and in season 5 they spread significantly. After season 4 there's no more hope for the series possibly improving.

Damn, evil Phoebe is hot.
This story beat will never stop annoying me. It legit pisses me off to no end.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished a rewatch of this. The last season is... not good.

Seasons 4-7 probably aren't as good as 1-3, but I like them mainly because I like Piper as the oldest. She really grows through the entire show, but particularly after they kill off Prue, and is the best character on the show.