• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I finished the prologue and survived the first day. The atmosphere and sound are top notch - I have no complaints here. I also enjoy certain areas being only revealed by the flashlight or torch. For an isometric game, it does a great job setting the mood.

Despite this, there are a few things I'm not enjoying such as navigating the menu, the UI, and interacting with objects. I find myself fighting a natural inclination to press certain buttons in order to use an item, discard, move, etc., that I've developed playing other games. There's also something off about item text and the way they prompt when exploring. Can't really describe this one, but, for example, I get disoriented when there are multiple things in view that can be searched.

I'm hoping it gets better or grows on me, as I am enjoying the other aspects of the game and would love to continue exploring the forest and spooking myself (that prologue when I opened the door and was ambushed, holy crap).

What do y'all think?

Dec 6, 2017
US
I've been thinking about giving this game a shot. What's the moment-to-moment gameplay like? Is it straight up an Adventure type game or does it have combat? Wasn't really sure and didn't want to spoil myself with an extended gameplay video.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been thinking about giving this game a shot. What's the moment-to-moment gameplay like? Is it straight up an Adventure type game or does it have combat? Wasn't really sure and didn't want to spoil myself with an extended gameplay video.
It has combat but the bit I've experienced so far wasn't satisfying - I used a torch and pipe to melee a dying dog and kill another person, but it was slow to swing. I think I'll eventually acquire guns, as I already see ammunition lying around. It isn't terribly satisfying to fight and I kind of wish this game didn't require it. It doesn't work well, I think. Maybe my opinion will change when it opens up more.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
Darkwood's up there for me as one of the best horror games of all time and one of the best games this generation. The controls can be a little cumbersome at first but you should get the hang of it and ease into them sooner than later if you stick with it. There's a kinda deliberateness and heft to the feel that never quite goes away but I found it to be sensible enough and by the end of my run it all felt second nature.

It's absolutely worth sticking with it. The atmosphere is unmatched, the art, writing, characters and interactions with the world are all fantastic and it's a rare horror game that makes the most out of freeform exploration. Can't speak highly enough about it and all the things it does incredibly well but saying much more would go into territory that might spoil aspects of the game and it's definitely something you want to experience entirely for yourself. There's nothing quite like it in the genre.

It has an exploration and resource management focus at its core but there's a decent amount of combat as well. The combat is weighty and focuses on timing and committing to attacks in a way that might feel offputting initially but I think it serves the game's sense of tension well and like with the rest of the game, the feel of it becomes natural over time as you adjust to the idiosyncrasies of it.

Edit: Worth noting that I played via mouse and keyboard so I can't speak to how the controls feel on gamepad. Your mileage may vary and I feel the combat would likely be a lot trickier without the precision of a mouse for what it's worth.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017
US
Hmmm, okay. It does sound interesting...

It's not too expensive as far as I recall so I might get it on PS4. Thanks for the impressions.

Mar 29, 2018
It's really good and worth sticking with.

I didn't manage to finish it, but got most of the way through. It basically got too stressful and enough was going on at the time in life.

If you're ready for the stress/tension, do it!

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I will post here my impressions from a thread I made some time ago. Game is a Masterpiece to be honest.

"
So, I bought this little game called Darkwood last year. Was impressed with its top down "faux 2D" scenarios, but since most of the story was not really done, only the sandbox aspect of it, with its crafting and survival mechanics, I made a vague reminder to wait for it to leave early access. Ended up forgetting it until the beginning of this month, and started playing just on a sense of "Well, I bought this; I should at least have my money's worth for a few hours".

These hours (20 or so, since I was playing on the hardest difficulty) ended up being one of the most impressive and immersive stretches of video game I had to pleasure to experience these last few years, even though I had just finished a full play through of Horizon Zero.

The gameplay loop is not groundbreaking, since it involves you scavenging for supplies in two major areas; the first one broke down in three separate smaller ones. In each of these areas, there is a hideout, where you can craft more elaborate items, and the only place where you can survive the night. In the day, you are talking to some ridiculously bizarre characters, each of them more twisted mentally and physically, trying to find a way out of the cursed forest, helping some of them along the way, and dooming others without even realizing it. Your character movement feels heavy, and each action seems to carry a lot of weight, like pulling up your fuel can to fill up the generator, or readying a heavy axe attack. In most games I would find it a negative, but somehow it ties up with the harsh, laborious actions your character has to make. He is barely holding on, after all.

At night, you hunker down in your hideout with hopefully enough fuel in the generator to feed the lights, while the night passes by with a series of horrible, beneficial, or even completely mind boggling events. Sure, sometimes monsters attack you while you defend your home, but sometimes you will just see someone in the corner of your vision, whispering that they want to go home, and then disappearing when you look at them. Sometimes you will hear a knock on your door, and nobody there when you answer. Sometimes there is someone. There are a lot of "There was a hole here. Its gone now." Moments throughout the game that makes you shake your head, confused, only to have a fridge realization later of what it really meant.

The "Bloodborne" part of the feeling I had comes in the 2/3 of the game, but talking much about it would certainly spoil much of the experience. I will just say that its much like a certain fishing hamlet, but in the woods. The body horror is so strong in this game, which is kinda absurd because of how far things look in the screen because of the perspective, but It made my skin crawl several times and actually made me sick in one really disturbing moment.

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R feeling comes from the setting: Fucked up village in soviet Poland in the 70's(80's? Time is long dead in that stretch of the woods) that is being engulfed by the forest, while a sickness of some kind starts to corrupt everyone. There is a distinct "environmental storytelling" approach of the story, with a ton of items, journals, diaries and posters with allusion to the setting. Even the placement of these items, where you get them (and from whose body you get them) tells a story, even if it isn't outright said, but the implication makes you wonder. There are also some scripted sequences, dream scenes, flashbacks to some critical plot points, and also branching paths depending on your actions.

The sound, together with the art, makes this game. I played it through with a headset, and you can just feel the things. I spent some nights in pitch-black darkness in forests in real life, and the sounds on the game are eerie similar. It feels alive, but in very, very wrong way. Hearing footsteps in your hideout while you are defending it a night, branches cracking while you are out exploring, weird chants in the distance, all contributes to make the game feel immersive.

Lastly, the art and the characters are something that will really stick with me for a long time. This is a scary, scary game, and even the "friendly" faces you will meet along the way look very monstrous and weirdly charismatic in their own way. Some of them give you quests, that you can get around to do it in exchange for some pivotal piece of information or item, or you can just bash their head in with a half broken shovel and get the item faster. Alternatively, maybe just eat them. That is a choice in one case. The weirdness of the characters and the setting are brought to the forefront with some stupidly cool and disturbing pices of artworks that depict them. I will post just one example here, one of the first, since meeting these weird people is one of the highlights of the experience.

Another thing that is of note is how satisfying the end of the game is. There is three main endings, from what I could read about in the wiki, and a "epilogue" of sorts that details the fate of lots of people you interacted with, New Vegas style, the outcome depending of what you have done with them. The ending I got was mesmerizing, and even though is something of a "true" ending, it didn't really felt forced or obtuse to get, I only had to observe things and not rush the final sequence.

Go play this game. Its amazing and fucking horrifying. Its not like well get a new Stalker, Bloodborne or Silent Hill game anytime soon."

OP
OP

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Darkwood's up there for me as one of the best horror games of all time and one of the best games this generation. The controls can be a little cumbersome at first but you should get the hang of it and ease into them sooner than later if you stick with it. There's a kinda deliberateness and heft to the feel that never quite goes away but I found it to be sensible enough and by the end of my run it all felt second nature.

It's absolutely worth sticking with it. The atmosphere is unmatched, the art, writing, characters and interactions with the world are all fantastic and it's a rare horror game that makes the most out of freeform exploration. Can't speak highly enough about it and all the things it does incredibly well but saying much more would go into territory that might spoil aspects of the game and it's definitely something you want to experience entirely for yourself. There's nothing quite like it in the genre.

It has an exploration and resource management focus at its core but there's a decent amount of combat as well. The combat is weighty and focuses on timing and committing to attacks in a way that might feel offputting initially but I think it serves the game's sense of tension well and like with the rest of the game, the feel of it becomes natural over time as you adjust to the idiosyncrasies of it.

Edit: Worth noting that I played via mouse and keyboard so I can't speak to how the controls feel on gamepad. Your mileage may vary and I feel the combat would likely be a lot trickier without the precision of a mouse for what it's worth.
Alright I'll stick with it. The only thing I might dislike is potentially running out of fuel (how does that work?). I feel like resource management in this game will be especially hard. Does there come a point where I've used up all of my fuel unnecessarily?

horsebite

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Scared me so much I stopped playing! Love it and intend to go back, but I got to a point and just said "NO" and turned the game off when a certain something happened at night semi-early on in the game. It's a testament to how scary that game is, even from a top-down perspective, it's drenched in atmosphere. The only games that come close to that level of dread for me are Silent Hill 2 and Amnesia.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
I will post here my impressions from a thread I made some time ago. Game is a Masterpiece to be honest.

Fantastic summary of what makes the game so special.

Alright I'll stick with it. The only thing I might dislike is potentially running out of fuel (how does that work?). I feel like resource management in this game will be especially hard. Does there come a point where I've used up all of my fuel unnecessarily?

I could be wrong, but I don't think there's a point where you can lose access to more fuel. The resource management is tough, for sure, but from what I remember there's nothing resembling a fail state (assuming you're not playing with permadeath) and there are always other means of procuring fuel.

Each morning you survive you should have the opportunity to trade with an NPC that shows up at your house, and in addition there's quite a lot of fuel lying around the world to scavenge. There are times where you'll feel stressed out and desperate for resources, but never when acquiring them is outright impossible or you're faced with an impossible scenario.

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
Darkwood is a masterpiece. One of the most solid horror games I've played this gen. Sound design is out of this world.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

"
So, I bought this little game called Darkwood last year. Was impressed with its top down "faux 2D" scenarios, but since most of the story was not really done, only the sandbox aspect of it, with its crafting and survival mechanics, I made a vague reminder to wait for it to leave early access. Ended up forgetting it until the beginning of this month, and started playing just on a sense of "Well, I bought this; I should at least have my money's worth for a few hours".

These hours (20 or so, since I was playing on the hardest difficulty) ended up being one of the most impressive and immersive stretches of video game I had to pleasure to experience these last few years, even though I had just finished a full play through of Horizon Zero.

The gameplay loop is not groundbreaking, since it involves you scavenging for supplies in two major areas; the first one broke down in three separate smaller ones. In each of these areas, there is a hideout, where you can craft more elaborate items, and the only place where you can survive the night. In the day, you are talking to some ridiculously bizarre characters, each of them more twisted mentally and physically, trying to find a way out of the cursed forest, helping some of them along the way, and dooming others without even realizing it. Your character movement feels heavy, and each action seems to carry a lot of weight, like pulling up your fuel can to fill up the generator, or readying a heavy axe attack. In most games I would find it a negative, but somehow it ties up with the harsh, laborious actions your character has to make. He is barely holding on, after all.

At night, you hunker down in your hideout with hopefully enough fuel in the generator to feed the lights, while the night passes by with a series of horrible, beneficial, or even completely mind boggling events. Sure, sometimes monsters attack you while you defend your home, but sometimes you will just see someone in the corner of your vision, whispering that they want to go home, and then disappearing when you look at them. Sometimes you will hear a knock on your door, and nobody there when you answer. Sometimes there is someone. There are a lot of "There was a hole here. Its gone now." Moments throughout the game that makes you shake your head, confused, only to have a fridge realization later of what it really meant.

The "Bloodborne" part of the feeling I had comes in the 2/3 of the game, but talking much about it would certainly spoil much of the experience. I will just say that its much like a certain fishing hamlet, but in the woods. The body horror is so strong in this game, which is kinda absurd because of how far things look in the screen because of the perspective, but It made my skin crawl several times and actually made me sick in one really disturbing moment.

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R feeling comes from the setting: Fucked up village in soviet Poland in the 70's(80's? Time is long dead in that stretch of the woods) that is being engulfed by the forest, while a sickness of some kind starts to corrupt everyone. There is a distinct "environmental storytelling" approach of the story, with a ton of items, journals, diaries and posters with allusion to the setting. Even the placement of these items, where you get them (and from whose body you get them) tells a story, even if it isn't outright said, but the implication makes you wonder. There are also some scripted sequences, dream scenes, flashbacks to some critical plot points, and also branching paths depending on your actions.

The sound, together with the art, makes this game. I played it through with a headset, and you can just feel the things. I spent some nights in pitch-black darkness in forests in real life, and the sounds on the game are eerie similar. It feels alive, but in very, very wrong way. Hearing footsteps in your hideout while you are defending it a night, branches cracking while you are out exploring, weird chants in the distance, all contributes to make the game feel immersive.

Lastly, the art and the characters are something that will really stick with me for a long time. This is a scary, scary game, and even the "friendly" faces you will meet along the way look very monstrous and weirdly charismatic in their own way. Some of them give you quests, that you can get around to do it in exchange for some pivotal piece of information or item, or you can just bash their head in with a half broken shovel and get the item faster. Alternatively, maybe just eat them. That is a choice in one case. The weirdness of the characters and the setting are brought to the forefront with some stupidly cool and disturbing pices of artworks that depict them. I will post just one example here, one of the first, since meeting these weird people is one of the highlights of the experience.

Another thing that is of note is how satisfying the end of the game is. There is three main endings, from what I could read about in the wiki, and a "epilogue" of sorts that details the fate of lots of people you interacted with, New Vegas style, the outcome depending of what you have done with them. The ending I got was mesmerizing, and even though is something of a "true" ending, it didn't really felt forced or obtuse to get, I only had to observe things and not rush the final sequence.

Go play this game. Its amazing and fucking horrifying. Its not like well get a new Stalker, Bloodborne or Silent Hill game anytime soon."

Your write-up sounds better than what I've played so far. lol I'm hoping I really dig it more as time goes on. Wondering how I'll progress after just completing the first day.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Your write-up sounds better than what I've played so far. lol I'm hoping I really dig it more as time goes on. Wondering how I'll progress after just completing the first day.
Granted, I am a massive Roadside Picnic and S.T.A.L.K.E.R fan, so the setting itself already scores a lot of points for me. But although the gameplay gets more complex as time goes on, the true star of the game are the characters and the interactions. The best thing would be to play it withough a guide to not "min maxing" the outcome of quests and go with your gut instead. About your worry with the guns, they are not the "endgame" in a sense that when you get them things get trivialized: ammo is rare and finite, and monsters get a lot clever.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Granted, I am a massive Roadside Picnic and S.T.A.L.K.E.R fan, so the setting itself already scores a lot of points for me. But although the gameplay gets more complex as time goes on, the true star of the game are the characters and the interactions. The best thing would be to play it withough a guide to not "min maxing" the outcome of quests and go with your gut instead. About your worry with the guns, they are not the "endgame" in a sense that when you get them things get trivialized: ammo is rare and finite, and monsters get a lot clever.
Hmm alright. I normally enjoy item and resource management but due to the isometric design of this game, I'm not used to it in this fashion and I find myself stressing over missing them.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

Username checks out. :)

Oct 2, 2018
I got some demon dog near my camp that would repeatedly take me down = ruined my game. I'll revisit it someday...

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It has its moments. Definitely very atmospheric. It's never flat out scary though. Fun game!

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
One of the most unnerving games I've ever played. Once the sun goes down...you better be well prepared, in game and mentally.

I still haven't finished it lol

StayMe7o

May 11, 2018
Kamurocho
I've enjoyed the game a lot more since I cheated by looking up the chest values and getting high level gear early on. The UI is too tiny, the controls are cumbersome and take a long time to get used to, but I had a great time with it and couldn't put it down until I finished. Just like Dark Souls, it's okay to die (if you're playing on Normal).

Also, if you're a hoarder like me and try to accumulate as many resources as possible, it ruins the game by making it last longer than it should. Try and get what you need and you should be fine.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've enjoyed the game a lot more since I cheated by looking up the chest values and getting high level gear early on. The UI is too tiny, the controls are cumbersome and take a long time to get used to, but I had a great time with it and couldn't put it down until I finished. Just like Dark Souls, it's okay to die (if you're playing on Normal).

Also, if you're a hoarder like me and try to accumulate as many resources as possible, it ruins the game by making it last longer than it should. Try and get what you need and you should be fine.

I am on Day 6 and have been stuck going nowhere but to the same three or four houses without any progression because I lack combination codes, which I have no idea where to get. I've also died a few times, twice in my own house when those fuckers entered it at night, and once by an elk. lol I think I read somewhere that if someone is knocking on my door then I should answer it. I'll try that during the next nightfall.

Also I agree with you that the UI sucks and that the controls are cumbersome. Those are its worst aspects. However I'm hooked because its atmosphere beckons me to continue exploring, I love it that much. I'm not one to play a game to frustration losing my mind trying to find things like combinations and what not - that shit has never been fun to me and I've never minded looking up codes. I did try to give this game a shot by taking longer than I normally would by trying to find these combinations on my own, but I'm about to look that shit up.

I should also stop picking up everything I see. I've already started dialing back on picking up stones and meat from dogs, as I don't foresee myself ever using that (also hate that I can't use that in the oven for essence). I also don't like the fact that the NPCs have a FINITE number of inventory space. What the hell?

StayMe7o

May 11, 2018
Kamurocho
I am on Day 6 and have been stuck going nowhere but to the same three or four houses without any progression because I lack combination codes, which I have no idea where to get. I've also died a few times, twice in my own house when those fuckers entered it at night, and once by an elk. lol I think I read somewhere that if someone is knocking on my door then I should answer it. I'll try that during the next nightfall.

I'd recommend looking up the codes for the Wolfman's Chests as there's good gear in there. Some of the other codes are obscure and require a couple of pieces of text to piece together the whole combination. Dying at night is all good haha

Also I agree with you that the UI sucks and that the controls are cumbersome. Those are its worst aspects. However I'm hooked because its atmosphere beckons me to continue exploring, I love it that much. I'm not one to play a game to frustration losing my mind trying to find things like combinations and what not - that shit has never been fun to me and I've never minded looking up codes. I did try to give this game a shot by taking longer than I normally would by trying to find these combinations on my own, but I'm about to look that shit up.

I was the same way. It takes a long time to get used to, but the atmosphere and story are worth the effort to get through the game.

I should also stop picking up everything I see. I've already started dialing back on picking up stones and meat from dogs, as I don't foresee myself ever using that (also hate that I can't use that in the oven for essence). I also don't like the fact that the NPCs have a FINITE number of inventory space. What the hell?

Yeah, you don't need EVERYTHING, just enough to keep your gen up and running if you want to survive the night. I spent way too much time gathering stuff that I ended up not exploring every area because I just wanted to finish the game.

I think the inventory limit is there to prevent you from getting too much.

If you need help with finding the codes, let me know. I'm sure I have the URLs somewhere.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd recommend looking up the codes for the Wolfman's Chests as there's good gear in there. Some of the other codes are obscure and require a couple of pieces of text to piece together the whole combination. Dying at night is all good haha

I was the same way. It takes a long time to get used to, but the atmosphere and story are worth the effort to get through the game.

Yeah, you don't need EVERYTHING, just enough to keep your gen up and running if you want to survive the night. I spent way too much time gathering stuff that I ended up not exploring every area because I just wanted to finish the game.

I think the inventory limit is there to prevent you from getting too much.

If you need help with finding the codes, let me know. I'm sure I have the URLs somewhere.

I keep getting attacked in my own home at night and all I have to defend myself is a crappy nailed plank. And I'm running out of materials to constantly repair it. Ugh.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Wolfman's chest has a lot of great weapons. I went through the same struggles haha
Lol alright thanks for the advice. Also when I'm near my home and press right on the D-pad, I see a message in the top left about some protective substance, but I don't see that or know what it is or how to use jt

OP
OP

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, it gets easier once you get the Axe or Shovel lol. It took me a long time to get used to the combat and how to deal with certain enemies.
Alright let's see how I progress. I'll hop back on in a little bit. I'm just being driven mad not knowing where else to go as I'm not finding codes. And I've explored both houses to the west that are blocking access to the rest of the map. One has a metal door I need a combo to and the southern one has holes and some poison or some shit that I can't walk through.

StayMe7o

May 11, 2018
Kamurocho
Alright let's see how I progress. I'll hop back on in a little bit. I'm just being driven mad not knowing where else to go as I'm not finding codes. And I've explored both houses to the west that are blocking access to the rest of the map. One has a metal door I need a combo to and the southern one has holes and some poison or some shit that I can't walk through.
Your journal should tell you where to go, or at least give you an idea of what to do.

Oct 27, 2017
Bump. Just bought this on PS4 for ÂŁ6 odd on their digital only sale.

Loving it so far, it's supremely unsettling. I'm only on day 4, but some thoughts;

- Visual style is great, as is the audio
- Nighttime is genuinely creepy, I'm barricaded in the bedroom with both lights, windows boarded and sometimes my door just swings open on it's own which is unsettling. Something was knocking on night 2 and my wife told me to answer it and I said no fucking way, turns out I probably should have?
- Can't find any weapons. I'm crafting torches and using them to hit dogs and so on at the moment. For some reason things I thought I could use as a weapon I can't, like a plank of wood or a lead pipe.
- Trader has some good stuff but I don't have anything of value he wants. I want the axe head or the shovel head but all I have is rags and torches and wire.
- Exploring is cool, careful, creepy. I like the vision cone.
- Why can't I put down beartraps I find? If I pick them up they become scrap metal.

Very intrigued to play more, off to find the wolfman but there are angry deer in the way. Also want to fix the well, not sure what that will do. Also need more mushrooms to cook and upgrade my skills.

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, general progress, Day 7;

- Figured out how to make nailed planks as a weapon.
- Realised I have storage in the workbench, I've just been piling things I drop around the hideout, ha ha.
- Upgraded the workbench
- Did some solid exploring, killed a loooooot of dogs.
- Found a house in the entrance to the silent wood, disturbed a savage I wasn't expecting, he killed me. Score 1-0 monsters. Went back after I respawned and killed it with a one shot pistol, reclaimed my stuff and got his staff. Score 1-1.
- Having issues with savages invading at about 5am each night, one of them came in and surprised me, and killed me. Score, 2-1 monsters. - Next night I put a wardrobe in front of the door, and a stool and light in the way and a beartrap in the gap then waited in the corner. Savage came in, shoved the wardrobe out the way as if it wasn't there but luckily blundered in to the bear trap and I smashed its head in whilst it was stuck. Score 2-2.
- Tried the same tactic the next night, around 1am a huge monster thing came in, went around the beartrap, went mental, the lights went out and then a load of crawling dead bird things were there, they mobbed me in the corner, couldn't escape, died. Score 3-2 monsters.

Goals; get enough stuff to trade to get the shovel head. Upgrade the workbench. Make a shovel. Hit monsters. Get into the silent wood properly.

Combat is tough, takes a while to swing and they all seem quicker than me. Also having trouble finding stuff I can cook for skill upgrades. I've got two so far, see further and heal by electric light once a day.

Also guess I can't stop monsters coming in my hideout, the windows and doors are barricaded but there is a big hole in one wall and a wardrobe pushed over the gap doesn't seem to do much.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
easily one of the best games last year and the best horror game this generation because it is unique.
the sounddesign is stellar as well.

surely not for everyone though as you have to figure out things on your own and there are elements of tedium involved.

really loved this game

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
I skipped over this game, and now it seems like that was a mistake. So it's good survival horror?

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Finished Amnesia the other day and Googled top PS4 horror games and this was among the top 15 on some list and I never really took notice of it before. The trailer and the current 50% discount on PSN EU sold me.

It's intriguing so far. I'm on Day 4 and I had an eerie aparition visit me at night... Game is surprisingly creepy and I suspect I'm playing a bit too carefully during the day times. But I just traded for a watch so I will feel more confident venturing further into the woods and knowing when to turn back.

Last edited: