• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Way better than the original to my surprise!

Jokes early on the movie felt way too forced and super lame, but it picked up after the first 30 or so minutes. I was caught off guard by the James Mcavoy and co. cameos! Hahaha.

Was surprise to see all those X-Force members! Then I saw them all die and it made sense why they didn't get that much coverage when the movie was marketed lol. Pretty sure that the Vanisher had to be Brad Pitt.

Loved Thanos, oh I meant Cable! What a badass character. Domino was super cool too, even though I thought she looked obnoxious in the trailers, I ended up loving her.

Was pleasantly surprised to see Wade completely alter the first Wolverine movie timeline even though his timeline already got altered by Days of Future Past, BECAUSE WHY NOT? Felt that they kinda set up Logan to live and appear in a potential Deadpool movie with the whole "if Wade comes and asks to get back in the saddle again, just say yes!".
I wonder if they're going to use this time travelling device to somehow make sense of the X-Men finally appearing in the MCU, I'd definitely be OK with Wade, Cable and Domino's actors joining the MCU, changing the rest is a fair game, although it'd be hard to top Hugh Jackman's Wolvie.

Also, did Deadpool literally go back in time JUST to save Peter of all the X-Force members? Lmao.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The movie was terrific, but yes the jokes for the first 20/30 minutes were terrible. I can can understand now why some of the previews were so negative. I'm curious if you've paid attention to the soundtrack, because in the theatre I laughed way to loud at that, and I don't think anyone else realised exactly why.

OP
OP
Deleted member 11093

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The movie was terrific, but yes the jokes for the first 20/30 minutes were terrible. I can can understand now why some of the previews were so negative. I'm curious if you've paid attention to the soundtrack, because in the theatre I laughed way to loud at that, and I don't think anyone else realised exactly why.
HAHAHAA YES! I totally heard them saying "Holy shit box" in the opera theme during the final fight but upon googling it turned out to be "Holy shit balls". That was gold.

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
First half hour of this movie is terrible. Don't know how it made it past any stage of planning, execution, etc

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I wouldn't put much thought into Deadpool undoing X-Men Origins or whatever... its clear that this franchise doesnt give a shit as to what the rest of the X-Men movies were up to beyond a chance for a meta joke.

Last edited:

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I hated it and would be more than happy if there was never another one. None of the jokes landed for me and they just kept getting repeated over and over. Making all the other characters as wacky as Deadpool didn't work (the entire X-Force sequence was painfully unfunny) and the kid was just annoying.

I loved the first movie.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bought this movie on 4K blu ray the super duper cut, and I enjoyed it more than the First because it had a better mix of action/serious situations and the meta humor.

I didn't see it in theatres, but my edition comes with the theater version as well so I may check that out after I finish watching the extras.

I am glad they used Morena less in this movie. The new team members were cool, especially Domino.

The appearance of Juggernaut caught me off guard, and was surprised by the lack of referencing "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch" line that Deadpool should be totally poking fun of.

Time travel Deadpool is great lol

bryehn

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa
I bought this movie on 4K blu ray the super duper cut, and I enjoyed it more than the First because it had a better mix of action/serious situations and the meta humor.

I didn't see it in theatres, but my edition comes with the theater version as well so I may check that out after I finish watching the extras.

I am glad they used Morena less in this movie. The new team members were cool, especially Domino.

The appearance of Juggernaut caught me off guard, and was surprised by the lack of referencing "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch" line that Deadpool should be totally poking fun of.

Time travel Deadpool is great lol

Juggernaut was great. Also happened to be voiced by Ryan Reynolds.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I liked it slightly more than the first film, I enjoyed the characters more and the jokes hit harder for me. I really hope Disney doesn't tone down the next film.

Yung Kyubii

Banned
May 12, 2018
It is a bad movie.

However I don't remember laughing so many times in the theater.

During the landing scenes I was holding my stomach from pain laughter.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I loved this more than the first movie for Domino alone, but high-key, if I were to ever rewatch it, I would skip straight to when the X-Force is being introduced, as that's when the movie really takes off.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't even remember the first 30 minutes that well - it was him doing tons of hits, and him trying to kill himself, right? What was so bad about that?

Jan 31, 2018
I generally despise movies that have whiny irritating kids take centre stage. Deadpool 2 was no exception.

It wasn't terrible but hollywood really needs to come up with a different way of portraying younger characters.

Nov 2, 2017
Watched this at home over the weekend and was shocked at how little I liked it compared to my experience in the theater. :/

I mean, I never liked it as much as the first, but I still loved it. Viewing it at home was weak.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
Watched this at home over the weekend and was shocked at how little I liked it compared to my experience in the theater. :/

I mean, I never liked it as much as the first, but I still loved it. Viewing it at home was weak.

Didn't like it either. The original Deadpool was great because it shat in the face of traditional Super Hero films and did it's own unique thing... but by the end of Deadpool 2 it literally becomes the thing it was making fun of with the whole X-Force gag (a super hero team up movie) and then ends with a sappy ending it criticized in the first film (shooting Francis in the face). It backpedaled hard on all the themes that made the first film unique, and it turned into a traditional superhero movie.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I dunno I loved the death scene. Overall I liked it more than 1, the pacing was better.
1 had the better jokes, but I still laughed my ass off with 2.

OP
OP
Deleted member 11093

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only offending joke in the movie was when Deadpool said that the audience is probably going to search for what dubstep means.
Come on fam, everyone under 30 knows what dubstep is, movie could've ended without that one.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can see why some would dislike this movie compared to the first
Now you are used to Deadpool, and plus this movie probably takes its story more seriously than the first one

Isamu

Dec 18, 2017
Downtown Rave City
I finally caught this last night and loved it. I thought Cable rocked and I really dug the chemistry between Deadpool, Domino and Cable. The only thing I hate is the fact that the anal sex scene between Juggernaut and Vanessa is cut from the US version and can only be seen in the Serbian version.

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It was awful compared to the first one. Awful.

But then my girlfriend who hated the first one said she liked the second. Maybe it's because it's more like a traditional superhero film?

This is a divisive film for sure.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The humor in this was much more hit and miss than in the first one. Also they DRAGGED. Baby legs, death scene, etc. Some good bits but also some awful bits. Liked cable.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The humor in this was much more hit and miss than in the first one. Also they DRAGGED. Baby legs, death scene, etc. Some good bits but also some awful bits. Liked cable.

I feel like the first movie is more of a traditional super hero movie? Aside from being a little non linear?

Anyway Deadpool 2 is barely above being bad. It has got literally nothing on the original and the directing is lifeless compared to the first. The first film had heart and talent behind the camera to match the wit of Reynolds. Odd that, with him having more control, this film was a meandering uneven mess.

I can see why some would dislike this movie compared to the first
Now you are used to Deadpool, and plus this movie probably takes its story more seriously than the first one

It really doesn't though. Not in comparison to the first movie.