• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Naomi's death is so messed up.

I still love Light just completely losing his shit at the end. There's something poetic about the pure-hearted Matsuda shooting him down at the end.

SamSirus

Oct 27, 2017
I've been watching this and am maybe 6 episodes in, I really like the concept, but for some reason the dialog is off putting to me. It's a bit hard to articulate but it seems like they have to spell everything out for you or are very literal with things they say and do. If they make a leap in the plot, and it's kind of a stretch to believe, they dont give the viewer the benefit of the doubt and instead describe what is happening in detail. As I type it, it doesn't sound that bad but it's feels lame to me. I like the mystery a bit, of not knowing exactly how something works.

Is there a word to describe this type of dialog? Is it maybe coming across in the English translation? I recently watched Cowboy Bebop and loved it, and didn't get any feeling like I was 5 and they had to explain everything to me. Maybe that's too harsh and maybe that's just how anime normally is? I've watched some Inuyasha and Full Metal and didn't get that really.

Anyone else get a similar feeling?