• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Alright, I just finished Detroit: Become Human, and right after I saw the credits I asked myself, why the hell did you wait this long to play this game? Well the answer was money, but I'm glad that I finally got my hands on it.

This was the best thing that Quantic Dream ever created. I really enjoyed Heavy Rain last gen, disliked their next game Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Become Human tops Heavy Rain for me.

First of all, the script and possibilities in this game is just mind blowing. Never seen anything even comes close to it. Every single choice matters and you really have effect on the world by the decisions that you make through the game. You have to THINK for every step that you take, and really pay attention to QTE, if you select the second difficulty. They're so hard and intense sometimes, and you can't make many mistakes. The game will punish you so bad that you have to close the game so you can start from the last checkpoint.

Graphics are one of the best on PS4. Has some flaws in some areas, but overall it's gorgeous. Camera/control of characters have been improved massively compare to Beyond: Two Souls and it feels smooth most of the time. Gameplay is not great but I personally don't expect deep and engaging gameplay in these games. It was decent, nothing special.

In terms of of narrative/directing and story, again, this is the best that they've done so far. It still has some plot holes and cringy dialogues here and there, but I have to give them credits for handling such a huge script with so many branches. It's really hard not to have a single plot hole in a game like this tbf. Could have been better, but it was really great with all of its flaws. I really cared about characters. This game made me feel and think and I get those things rarely in games. Loved this aspect of the game so much.

And musics, OH MY GOD! The fact that they had 3 different composers for each character is saying so much about how passionate they were about this game and I have to say, it really worked. I mean, every time that I turned my PS4 on, I knew this game will have something new to offer and make the experience a little surprising until the end. I saw the passion and love that they put in this game from the moment that I was in the menu.

If I had to score Detroit: Become Human, I would give it a... 8.75 maybe? It was really that close to a 9/10 gaming experience. Loved it. Don't miss it PC users, many of you guys are going to enjoy the hell out of this game.

Well done Quantic Dream.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
It's the best QD game by a long shot.

I got probably the worst possible anti-android ending for my first playthrough, but it felt completely organic as I had committed to Connor's mission of stamping out the threat.

I loved little touches like choices bring locked off based on previous choices. It made sense that my Connor couldn't go rogue because of how I had played him up to that point.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
It really felt like everything QD has been working towards came together in Detroit. It's a really incredible game and I'm not sure if even QD can top themselves with whatever they do next.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
It's the best QD game by a long shot.

Yep.

Had a fantastic time playing the game. It's a great 'offline couch co-op' game too with multiple people fighting over what choices to make.

A very enjoyable Platinum owing to how drastically events can change based on story decisions.

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
This game deserved some accolades in 2018. At the very least, Soundtrack and Connor's voice acting. My only complaint is that—as a true fan—I was determined to get the Platinum trophy and I had to go from my perfect ending playthrough to playing every character in the complete opposite way and seeing all of those horrible endings. I had to watch puppy/kitten videos afterward as a pallet cleanser.

kraftdinner

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2019
Really liked the game. I did 2 play-through and enjoyed the cinematic experience. Easily the best game QD ever did. I just wish this type of game would include more player inputs. There are tons of moments in the game that I wish I could have played instead of watching. Even when you have the input, ti feels like a roller coaster ride where you cannot steer away anywhere. Anyway, enjoyed it way more than I expected. And my god, those graphics were top notch.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
This was the best thing that Quantic Dream ever created. I really enjoyed Heavy Rain last gen, disliked their next game Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Become Human tops Heavy Rain for me.

Exactly the same for me, OP. In fact, I bought Beyond day-one because I loved Heavy Rain so much, but Beyond was disappointing enough that I passed on getting Detroit altogether. A friend of mine let me borrow it last week, and holy crap, I loved it! Easily the best writing, story, performances of any Quantic game. I'll give QD the benefit of the doubt next time and assume Beyond was a fluke*. I'd score it similarly to you - better than an 8, maybe not quite a 9 but close.

*I think Beyond's randomly rearranged narrative structure and large jumps in time are what killed it in relation to the others. QD games are so good at capturing these beautiful moment-to-moment sequences that the jumps in Beyond were arbitrarily jarring.

Doorakz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is great to read. I just bought the game from the $20 sale at BB , looking forward to it!

How long does it take to finish the game? Is another play through worth it?

OP
OP
BoJack

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
This game deserved some accolades in 2018. At the very least, Soundtrack and Connor's voice acting. My only complaint is that—as a true fan—I was determined to get the Platinum trophy and I had to go from my perfect ending playthrough to playing every character in the complete opposite way and seeing all of those horrible endings. I had to watch puppy/kitten videos afterward as a pallet cleanser.

I got Heavy Rain's and Beyond's platinum trophy, but I'm never going to get a platinum trophy for a game like this that force me to see the endings that I don't want to see. Fuck that trophy man. I'm so happy with my choices and the ending that I saw. Won't going to ruin that for a trophy.

Thank God the first season of Life Is Strange didn't have "see all ending" bullshit trophy.
This is great to read. I just bought the game from the $20 sale at BB , looking forward to it!

How long does it take to finish the game? Is another play through worth it?

I guess around 10-12 hours? It's so worth to play for the second playthrough. I won't do that tho. Don't want to see the other endings.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I guess around 10-12 hours? It's so worth to play for the second playthrough. I won't do that tho. Don't want to see the other endings.
Game has too many endings (most are bad endings), thers no trophy to see them all. But if you try get the all trophies you will see the diferent main endings.

This was also my opinion. After the disapointing linear Beyound Two Souls, really glad they knocked out of the park whit an amazing branching story in Detroit.

Last edited:

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely loved it from beginning to end , I was genuinely afraid I was going to kill my android at times .

I just wish it had more Connor chapters , he is by far the most interesting story and I absolutely loved the detective aspects .

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
It's an amazing game that takes the genre to another level in every posible aspect.
For those that haven't played yet just do it.
Also I can't wait to see how this will look on PC, it's already a stunner on a base PS4.
I hope that QD still get this level of resources from their new partnership to develop their new games.

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia, PA, USA
I just finished my first play-through of this and I loved every minute. Definitely agree it's Quantic Dream's best game.

I made some pretty big mistakes at the end, including walking way too close to the guards as Kara before boarding the bus :(

But I'm pleased with how things turned out for Markus and our peaceful revolution!

I'm considering going back and making some changes now to see if I can get everyone out of this alive.