• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SymbiantXenos

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Version PS4.

Bought this yesterday and wow, why did it take so long for me to get around to this game. Voice acting excellent atmosphere also equally as good. I'll use this thread to post updates and impressions as I go along. Spoilers will be tagged.

Squeak!

shlimmy

Oct 28, 2017
Just bought this as well given the insane sale price! Had no idea how well made this game is. Only an hour in but look forward to updates as I'm a total noob so far.

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I'm in the exact same boat as you, OP. I'm only at the first town, but I can already tell I'm going to lose a lot of time to this!

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Now you can be the big cheese on your block with a wheel of the good stuff!
I'm sorry, I wanted to write something about the game, but that line just manifested itself and I had to write it out. I think it's permanently etched into my subconscious.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Been dabbling into it myself recently. Could use some inventory tips.

Like should I be holding onto all this nonsense stuff for eventual recipes? Rummaging through it all is a total nightmare and I'm like two hours in. I am regretting picking up everything I see, but now have no idea what to toss away.

How did players approach their inventory? This is madness.

jeffrockz312

Oct 27, 2017
The skills that lets you talk to animals is great and I recommend getting your second character to learn this.
Been dabbling into it myself recently. Could use some inventory tips.

Like should I be holding onto all this nonsense stuff for eventual recipes? Rummaging through it all is a total nightmare and I'm like two hours in. I am regretting picking up everything I see, but now have no idea what to toss away.

How did players approach their inventory? This is madness.
I tend to sort them manually then put certain types of items within specific bags or pouches which you can buy.

OP
OP
SymbiantXenos

SymbiantXenos

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see other members experiencing this for the first time just like me.

I like the fact there's no quest hand holding.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
I just started this up the other day for the first time and enjoying it. But strongly thinking about starting over since I've found some tips on skills/abilities I should have at the beginning.

What I am starting with is a Wizard and Knight. I am thinking about starting my Knight with both Crafting and Blacksmiting as well as the Scientist talent. With my Wizard, she has Geomancer, Pyrokinesis and Loremaster with the talents of Know-it-All and the one that allows you to cast spells/scrolls further.

Is there any suggestions that anyone has with this party set-up? Should I pick up Pet Pal? I really don't want to substitute either of my Wizard's talents, but I could do so with my Knight.

How important is Batering and Charisma? Are either one something you should begin the game with?

KorrZ

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'm about ~50 hours into this game been really enjoying it after falling in love with Divinity: Original Sin 2.

It's a fantastic game in it's own right, but I really do think that 2 is an improvement in nearly every single way. Better story, better quests, better characters. The only thing I find more rewarding in this game is funnily enough the combat system. Towards the end of this game you just feel so much more powerful which isn't necessarily the case with the armor system in 2.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
I do plan to play D:OS 2 eventually, once it hits the consoles. But that's why I am playing 1 right now.

Calfirma

Oct 31, 2017
Version PS4.

Bought this yesterday and wow, why did it take so long for me to get around to this game. Voice acting excellent atmosphere also equally as good. I'll use this thread to post updates and impressions as I go along. Spoilers will be tagged.

Squeak!
Did the potions entussle you?

Edit: Okay I got it wrong but I tried.

Calfirma

Oct 31, 2017
I just started this up the other day for the first time and enjoying it. But strongly thinking about starting over since I've found some tips on skills/abilities I should have at the beginning.

What I am starting with is a Wizard and Knight. I am thinking about starting my Knight with both Crafting and Blacksmiting as well as the Scientist talent. With my Wizard, she has Geomancer, Pyrokinesis and Loremaster with the talents of Know-it-All and the one that allows you to cast spells/scrolls further.

Is there any suggestions that anyone has with this party set-up? Should I pick up Pet Pal? I really don't want to substitute either of my Wizard's talents, but I could do so with my Knight.

How important is Batering and Charisma? Are either one something you should begin the game with?
Bartering is pretty eh but Charisma is great if you plan to not save scum arguments in the game. Pet pal is a 10/10 trait though btw. Pick it immediately or soon after starting for the definitive D:OS experience.

I'm sorry for double posting but....

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Congratulations OP you are in for a real treat. This is a really good port of the PC game and it plays surprisingly well with a controller the only issue I had with it is the ridiculous load times.

PunkMilitia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, I'm going to get a lot of hate for this.

I bought this because of the hype of Divinity 2. I feel let down with a few things, mainly the combat and directionlessness(is that a word) of it. I liked Diablo 3 which looks like a similar game, but this just doesn't feel right for me. Maybe I expected too much or it's just not my type of game?

WillySJ3

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I bought this game on a sale a few weeks ago, ps4 version. Already have more than 40 hours, didn't know it was so goood. Seriously, is already in my personal top 10 all time. Is hard not to love the voice acting.

Grewitch

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I bought this a few months ago, it's a great game. Had to put it on hold, but I can't enthuse about it enough.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Bartering is pretty eh but Charisma is great if you plan to not save scum arguments in the game. Pet pal is a 10/10 trait though btw. Pick it immediately or soon after starting for the definitive D:OS experience.

I'm sorry for double posting but....

Ok, thanks for the suggestions. Will choose Pet Pal when I start over and rebuild.

Oct 29, 2017
game is awesome. i'd have to disagree on the voice acting though, it's so hammy in 1, imo. they really step up the writing and acting for 2 though.