• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
metalslimer

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
lol did you beat the game?

I'm headed to the Citadel after the time jump

Also even when Ardyn explained who he was I didn't really understand what the hell he was saying because he speaks so damn obtusely.

Also lol at the huge plot point about who the demons are basically being relegated to optional documents. The identity of the demons should have been a huge twist in the game that makes you rethink your actions across the course of the game.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
I don't mean to pile on, but I must say I feel like touting the main cast as something truly special or that makes the game worth playing is massive hyperbole.

I mean it's probably the best thing about FFXV, yes. But taken outside its little bubble and compared to other games, it's still very far from the best character interactions in the medium. And how could it be when so much backstory is missing and there are so many plot holes ?

Chemistry doesn't make up for the lack of character development or meaningful dialogue. It is a foundation, but it must be used to build something long-term to generate emotions that feel earned.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
I don't mean to pile on, but I must say I feel like touting the main cast as something truly special or that makes the game worth playing is massive hyperbole.

I mean it's probably the best thing about FFXV, yes. But taken outside its little bubble and compared to other games, it's still very far from the best character interactions in the medium. And how could it be when so much backstory is missing and there are so many plot holes ?

Chemistry doesn't make up for the lack of character development or meaningful dialogue. It is a foundation, but it must be used to build something long-term to generate emotions that feel earned.
It always felt like a very weird double standard to me. If witcher 3 would have had as hollow characters as FFXV, it would have been crusified for it.

For some reason a couple repeating lines during the combat causes people to lose their minds over "the bros." Only part where I felt "the bros" was the last camping scene and honestly, if the game had even mediocre charactees, it would have been that much more powerful.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
I never felt a game didn't deserve its success like this game.

I wasn't expecting much though to be honest. Can't fell for marketing too many times. It was obvious the game isn't that good when they show that awuful titan segment at E3.

Oniletter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a beautiful game with a lot of heart, great character interaction, and some of the best art direction ever. Some moments in the game are genuinely classic. It's just not complete.

I do think that with the final Ardyn DLC coming, the game should feel well rounded enough. But no question: it'll never be fully cohesive and meet the expectations of the 10 year wait nor reach the potential that it's art direction and trailers showcased.
None of this is true. It's the most cynical " designed by committee and what out of touch people believe to be popular" piece of shit since Fuze. What little potential the project had is squandered by amateur hour game and creative design. The "character interactions" are paper thin and never go beyond the most superficial levels of interactions. It's dumb banter that doesn't work because the game never bothered to introduce these characters properly and because there isn't anything meaningful to these people.
The segment about the dude going blind and everyone being angry at Noctis is embarrassing for how poorly written it all is.

It's literally the worst "AAA" game I've ever played.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't help that Ardyn explains his backstory in a scene that has the worst audio mixing this side of Xenoblade X.

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017

yep! final fantasy xv: if seinfeld were a jrpg :) ...