• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I've heard this was one of the better movie comedies recently and I generally prefer TV comedies or stand up but figured this would be great from all the hype

An hour in and I havent laughed once? I'm not even sober so this shit should be hilarious

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was pretty damn funny. Girlfriend loved it too. I just really like Jason Bateman. Dude is the THE definitive Hollywood straight man.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
It's not super fantastic or anything, but it's a mainstream American comedy where there's clearly a higher level of craft on display in every facet (from the visuals, plotting, casting, etc), and those are severely lacking.

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed it well enough and got a few laughs but I also thought it was kinda overrated. The bar gun scene was hilarious though.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
well there's you're problem, thinking movie comedies would actually be funnier than stand up or TV. there hasn't been a good comedy since Walk Hard and even then you have to like music and Christopher Guest.

Popstar and Tropic Thunder are OK

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I thought it was fun enough. I only laughed a handful of times but there were some really funny parts past the hour mark. Also todd from breaking bad slayed me whenever he was on screen.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
So far? Watch the damn movie before posting impressions. It's not like you're halfway through a season of Game of Thrones, where there are clear divisions between episodes.

You literally interrupted what's supposed to be a single continuous experience in order to opine about your incomplete experience.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
Yeah, it's pretty thoroughly disappointing imo. Really good credits sequence though.

Rellodex

Oct 29, 2017
I hate watching movies or tv while drinking, I get overly critical and impatient with pretty much everything.

Which is way different than I am with music, video games, or people after I've had a few.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
So far? Watch the damn movie before posting impressions. It's not like you're halfway through a season of Game of Thrones, where there are clear divisions between episodes.

You literally interrupted what's supposed to be a single continuous experience in order to opine about your incomplete experience.
No, they went to the loo and posted their thoughts so far while they did their business.

Oct 27, 2017
I liked it. I don't like how this place is the only place I see people give hot takes on a movie without finishing it. It happens all the time

MegaBeefBowl

Oct 31, 2017
well there's you're problem, thinking movie comedies would actually be funnier than stand up or TV. there hasn't been a good comedy since Walk Hard and even then you have to like music and Christopher Guest.

Popstar and Tropic Thunder are OK
Walk Hard is honestly the best comedy of the 2000s and even thinking about this decade it's hard to come up with a ton that matches it.

What We Do in the Shadows and The Death of Stalin are the only ones that come to mind, really.

OP
OP

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Mid-movie threads. Whole new threads. About an old movie. That the OP hasn't finished watching.
Thanks for posting

I liked it. I don't like how this place is the only place I see people give hot takes on a movie without finishing it. It happens all the time

I was commenting on it while it was paused and I was going to the bathroom. Plus if a comedy doesnt make me laugh in an hour....

I hate watching movies or tv while drinking, I get overly critical and impatient with pretty much everything.

Which is way different than I am with music, video games, or people after I've had a few.
I was high and I laugh at near everything then. Hell I rewatched an episode of derry girls I had already seen earlier and laughed my ass off

The soundtrack whips ass.
Agreed

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
f902724e-2364-4974-b9ojl8.jpeg

Please the court, I suggest the thread be locked so that we can move to an immediate Article 39a Session. The OP has rights.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
God damn OP the movie only has a run time of 90 minutes, you really can't go that long without needing to shit out an opinion on here?

OP
OP

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
God damn OP the movie only has a run time of 90 minutes, you really can't go that long without needing to shit out an opinion on here?
I finished it, still didn't like it. Also shit out an opinion while I was taking an actual shit so relax.

OP
OP

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
It was okay. Not great. Same passably entertaining tier as things like the 2# Jump Street movies. You could do a lot worse, but I get more smiles than laughs. Last great American comedy films for me were probably Super Bad and Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle. TV comedy is where it's at.

SavoyPrime

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina USA
I thought it was pretty damn funny. I didn't bother seeing it when it released in theaters. But I was bored one day at the house and it was on HBO and gave it a watch. Glad I did.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
It's okay. Feels like the exact same formula of comedy as Hangover, Tag, etc. Worth watching if you want a 90 minute comedy though. 99% of the good comedy these days is on TV.