• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
In terms of thrillers, I watched Don't Breathe, a film about robbers escaping a house from a messed up blind man. A couple years later, I ended up watching Wait Until Dark, a premise with the blind person as the protagonist.

Looking for the deaf equivalent, I ended up stumbling upon Hush fitting that very premise and ended up enjoying it greatly.

It's pretty simple and follows a similar premise to the second film, but it did a great job with the tension throughout the film. I think if the film got released in theaters, more people would have known about it.

canonj

Oct 27, 2017
I watched it a couple years ago and enjoyed it. It's by the creator of The Haunting of Hill House Netflix series.

Nov 26, 2017
Mike Flanagan, is one of my favorite new horror directors. Check his other stuff too
And I love hush, it reminds of the original Halloween.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Saw the recommendation in the topic title, no mention of where movie is, found it on Netflix, added.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Absentia and Oculus are great movies too. And of course, as others have said, Hill House is excellent. I still haven't seen Gerald's Game or Doctor Sleep but have heard good things about them.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
The killer taking off their mask and just being a guy was so brilliant. Make infinitely creepier as a result.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
It felt like a pretty standard home invasion movie to me. Nothing I'd recommend to people. Flanagan didn't do much for me up until Hill House. That show is quite an achievement.

Oct 28, 2017
Dont Breathe was easily one of the most tense theater experiences I've had. Looooved that movie

Hush is great also though. I should rewatch both soon

balgajo

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still didn't see it but I really liked Gerald's game. Watching it someday.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Absentia and Oculus are great movies too. And of course, as others have said, Hill House is excellent. I still haven't seen Gerald's Game or Doctor Sleep but have heard good things about them.

Gerald's Game is a fantastic adaptation. Not for the faint of heart.

V23

Oct 27, 2017
The killer taking off their mask and just being a guy was so brilliant. Make infinitely creepier as a result.

I felt the complete opposite.

He takes off his mask way too early. The scenes with the mask are scary and unsettling and I was disappointed when he removed it. When he takes it off, the scariness and tension plummets.

Enjoyable movie overall and worth the watch.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
I feel it peaked early and that it was a missed opportunity to not make greater use of sound design to put us in the perspective of the protagonist.

It's aight though.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018

He takes off his mask way too early. The scenes with the mask are scary and unsettling and I was disappointed when he removed it. When he takes it off, the scariness and tension plummets.

Weird.
I think masked slashers are kinda run of the mill and not that scary anymore. Once he takes off the mask it suddenly pulls the story way closer to reality. Jut a guy wanting to kill people is way scarier than masked "psycho"

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

There is way more plausibility in someone who isn't wearing a mask. Especially since it's in response to her saying that she didn't see his face and won't tell anyone.

V23

Oct 27, 2017
Weird.
I think masked slashers are kinda run of the mill and not that scary anymore. Once he takes off the mask it suddenly pulls the story way closer to reality. Jut a guy wanting to kill people is way scarier than masked "psycho"

I have barely seen many other masked slasher films, so maybe it's still new to me. Taking the mask off is fine, I just would have preferred it happen later in the film to retain more tension.