• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Jeff ChickenDig
Oct 25, 2017
and... finished. think Roxas was the hardest fight of the end game stuff. Overall I had a good time, probably a bit better time than the first game due to how much better the game controls.

Now to watch this 358/2 'movie' which hopefully is worthwhile. Roxas was easily the best part of kh2 in terms of story.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
and... finished. think Roxas was the hardest fight of the end game stuff. Overall I had a good time, probably a bit better time than the first game due to how much better the game controls.

Now to watch this 358/2 'movie' which hopefully is worthwhile. Roxas was easily the best part of kh2 in terms of story.
Be prepared for sadness friend.

Stuart Gipp

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, England
The 358/2 Days movie completely skips over the "gameplay as narrative" draw of the actual game and I'd strongly recommend you get a copy of the DS title and play. It's excellent.

Or, whatever, watch the movie. :p

OP
OP
Jeff ChickenDig
Oct 25, 2017
Be prepared for sadness friend.

Sadness indeed! Man is Roxas's theme a good gut puncher. love it. Also I'm seeing a correlation of the less sora and company appears, the more I'm interested in the plot and characters.

The 358/2 Days movie completely skips over the "gameplay as narrative" draw of the actual game and I'd strongly recommend you get a copy of the DS title and play. It's excellent.

no time! I definitely wanna come back to kh2 and do the data stuff too, but maybe down the road.

Anyways off to BBS... might have to go beginner mode for that and Ddd to speed stuff up.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Sadness indeed! Man is Roxas's theme a good gut puncher. love it. Also I'm seeing a correlation of the less sora and company appears, the more I'm interested in the plot and characters.

no time! I definitely wanna come back to kh2 and do the data stuff too, but maybe down the road.

Anyways off to BBS... might have to go beginner mode for that and Ddd to speed stuff up.
Do normal on BBS. Its secret ending is easily unlocked on Normal but it's not like the other ones, its gameplay in BBS AMD it's some of the best parts of the game so don't miss it.

Oct 31, 2017
I still enjoy KH1's gameplay tbh

And my biggest gripe with KH2 was the plot's pacing. I fucking hated how it was literally a new (useless) cutscene after every room. The Disney world cutscenes were total filler and I started skipping them before the halfway point because they were unbearable, and not to mention way too long.

But yeah KH2 is phenomenal

Deleted member 22649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do normal on BBS. Its secret ending is easily unlocked on Normal but it's not like the other ones, its gameplay in BBS AMD it's some of the best parts of the game so don't miss it.

Hmm... Not to hijack the thread, but is the gameplay in BBS generally considered to be a high point for the franchise? I played KH1 and KH2 at release and haven't been into this franchise since, but with KH3 coming out I opted to start BBS Final Mix on PS4 and have been mostly frustrated with it. The combat in the KH3 gameplay trailers looks so fun, though...

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Completely agree OP. Can't think of a single thing KH1 did better so far

The little interactive parts of the worlds were the only thing I can think of that was better. Like casting Thunder on the frayed cables to open a shortcut in Traverse Town. Or using the Trinity signs to find hidden areas.

Also, I miss the charm of younger Sora, Donald and Goofy ramming into walls or stacking on each other's shoulders when using said Trinity symbols. Granted Kingdom Hearts is clunky as hell, it's still retains a certain charm that the other games lack. Mostly because of how off the rails the series goes after with the focus on Organization XIII, Nobodies, and other story beats.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
KH2FM has, mechanically, some of the finest gameplay of all time.

It's just that everything surrounding it is rubbish and it fails to live up to KH1 in every way.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's so odd that the movement is soo much better than the first game, but the game doesn't really offer any platforming to utilize it.

Especially since Cavern of Remembrance showed that the team still had some platforming chops.

I figure too many people complained about the platforming and exploration in KH1 so it was axed completely rather than improved upon, which is a shame since the platforming and level design in KH1 is really good.