• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
While that may be true, I could barely get through Terra, I absolutely loathe the command deck system. I really don't get the constant change in battle systems, I know a different team made the off shoot games but sheesh keep it all similar.
Going through the series myself right now, I skipped CoM after an hour or so, the battle system isn't for me, I also ended up skipping BBS after finishing Terra's story as I didn't care about the characters nor the battle system in that either, the command deck is annoying. On DDD now and it uses the deck as well but it seems better so I think I should be able to get through it. Honestly I just want to get to 3 so I can finally finish this lol.

It's an extremely bad idea to skip Birth By Sleep. KH 3 is built on Birth By Sleep and you will be confused by a lot if you don't finish it. it'd be like skiping a New Hope and starting with Empire Strikes Back.

Like KH III isn't really a sequel to II but to what people think of as the spin offs like Chain of Memories, 358 Days, Birth By Sleep and Dream Drop Distance

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
I can't figure out the second half. After he dashes around throwing homing axes I just don't see any pattern to his attacks anymore.
I can no hit the first half but then it's all over
Occured to me that I forgot to mention using airstep at the right moment to home in and interrupt his combos is beyond crucial. On the time I finally beat him I nailed everything, never even came close to dying. Also if you're really having trouble with that segment after his DM and the homing axes you could try to cheese it a link until he slows down enough for you to regain your footing

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
It's an extremely bad idea to skip Birth By Sleep. KH 3 is built on Birth By Sleep and you will be confused by a lot if you don't finish it. it'd be like skiping a New Hope and starting with Empire Strikes Back.

Like KH III isn't really a sequel to II but to what people think of as the spin offs like Chain of Memories, 358 Days, Birth By Sleep and Dream Drop Distance
Mainly BBS and DDD but yeah

358 gets its big moment in the finale, I guess COM if you wanna know Larxene, Marluxia and Repliku.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Well, haven't updated much since I haven't made any progress. Been banging my head against the Xion data fight for, oh, 6 hours now. Super frustrating as I have the patterns memorized completely and I'm just screwing up the execution each time. I'm not one to give up but if I don't beat her today that might be the end of the road for me. Just annoying when I feel like I know what's coming and can't stop it anyway.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Well, haven't updated much since I haven't made any progress. Been banging my head against the Xion data fight for, oh, 6 hours now. Super frustrating as I have the patterns memorized completely and I'm just screwing up the execution each time. I'm not one to give up but if I don't beat her today that might be the end of the road for me. Just annoying when I feel like I know what's coming and can't stop it anyway.
I believe in you, Nattybo! I know you can do it! You just gotta do your best!

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Well, this couldn't have timed out better. My KH journey is now done until the next release, but I'd like to bequeath this LTTP for folks since the entire series just dropped on Xbox, and KH3 on gamepass was announced. I know some folks will give it a try and let me tell you, you're in for hours of entertainment!

Takatomon

Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations on finishing it all! As someone who started with KH1 back in the day it's great to see people picking it up now and having fun.

DKeygo

Jun 29, 2019
NattyBo
As a long time fan of the series, I just have to say this topic was a pleasure to read. I've just recently had more time to tackle Re:Mind/Limit Cut and the fact that you beat it so quickly on Critical is beyond impressive. With spring break coming up, I've been debating whether to jump to a different game because the data fights have been making me struggle so much, but the fact that you lapped me in that kinda makes me want to power through it.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This has been quite the journey, Nattybo.

There is more to seek, so go forth now and seek it

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
NattyBo
As a long time fan of the series, I just have to say this topic was a pleasure to read. I've just recently had more time to tackle Re:Mind/Limit Cut and the fact that you beat it so quickly on Critical is beyond impressive. With spring break coming up, I've been debating whether to jump to a different game because the data fights have been making me struggle so much, but the fact that you lapped me in that kinda makes me want to power through it.

you can do it! It's so satisfying when you finally break through and beat them. Follow your heart and see it through!

This has been quite the journey, Nattybo.

There is more to seek, so go forth now and seek it

it's so weird y'all bumped this thread. To get very personal I just finished giving the eulogy for my dad and was really needing a pick me up tonight. honestly, just remembering the positive message from the series (ie, hearts that are sufficiently connected via love or friendship can never be fully disconnected from each other) was really a blessing tonight.

if you're down or missing a family member or loved one I would recommend checking these games out. It's helped me through some of the toughest months of my life so far, all since December.

maybe I'll really fuck around if we get locked down with corona virus and do one of those level 1 no damage runs or something. Those folks are the real MVPs

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
maybe I'll really fuck around if we get locked down with corona virus and do one of those level 1 no damage runs or something. Those folks are the real MVPs
If you want a real challenge you can always do an all pro codes crit run in KH3. The data fights and the secet boss are super fun like that. The bosees from the main game not so much *Glares at Skoll*

Sorry about your dad.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
If you want a real challenge you can always do an all pro codes crit run in KH3. The data fights and the secet boss are super fun like that. The bosees from the main game not so much *Glares at Skoll*

Sorry about your dad.

Yeah this sounds appealing but my thought is to save it for closer to the next KH release as refresher of sorts. So many games to play, so little time... (gotten sucked into DQXI a bit since finishing KH). And thank you.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this sounds appealing but my thought is to save it for closer to the next KH release as refresher of sorts. So many games to play, so little time... (gotten sucked into DQXI a bit since finishing KH). And thank you.
giphy.gif

DKeygo

Jun 29, 2019
it's so weird y'all bumped this thread. To get very personal I just finished giving the eulogy for my dad and was really needing a pick me up tonight. honestly, just remembering the positive message from the series (ie, hearts that are sufficiently connected via love or friendship can never be fully disconnected from each other) was really a blessing tonight.

if you're down or missing a family member or loved one I would recommend checking these games out. It's helped me through some of the toughest months of my life so far, all since December.

I actually thanked you for creating this topic before the DLC dropped as well. When I noticed how fast you were going through the game and the topic turned to Re:Mind talk, I put the topic on watch to remember to come back after I finished it myself. I spent like 2 weeks between sooooo many tests running through KH3 again on Crit to get Oblivion. Then it took me awhile to find a good time to get Re:Mind done all in one go. I got to the Data fights about a week or so ago, but I was so burnt out on tests that every fight just pissed me off haha. But I started up again due to a joke with a friend. I got seated at 13A and 13B in the last couple tests so I told him, "I think its a sign that I need to go back to KH3." I started up yesterday and knocked out
Dark Riku, Vanitas, Young Xehanort, and Terra-Xehanort
since then. The fights started getting aggravating again before I remembered that I didn't finish reading this topic.

Anyway.... long story short, I finished reading the topic an hour or so ago and thought man.... I really just need to thank this guy for sharing his awesome experience and giving me a shit ton of nostalgia. I'm glad I posted in the topic rather than just DMing you dude. Sorry to hear about your dad, but I'm glad this worked as a pick me up.

Final note: I think you'll enjoy Lv1 runs if you try them. Hard to start but damn when you get your momentum going its good.

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
So... i started the joruney for the 1st time last weekeng.
I'm on xbox.

I decided to start with KH2. It feels lime a slog. Boss battles are cool, but the game is interrupting me every 5 seconds to tell me stupid things. It feels like zelda skyward sword.

It's good and bad. I really like organization 13 though.

I'll play birth by sleep after this one.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'm on xbox.

I decided to start with KH2. It feels lime a slog. Boss battles are cool, but the game is interrupting me every 5 seconds to tell me stupid things. It feels like zelda skyward sword.

Can I ask why you started with KH2? Iunno, I know it has the best reputation gameplay-wise, but it will obviously fuck up the story for you and the collection comes with 1 >.<

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm on xbox.

"But the game is interrupting me every 5 seconds to tell me stupid things." I can already see you'll not enjoy this series.

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I actually find it pretty simple. I had some problems with understanding who Roxas is but they kinda explained it when I found the master of king mickey.

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
He just explained the heartless and the nobodies.

for some strange reason, i feel i have heard about this story somewhere before.
About the hand holding, I'm afraid this will make me give up playing this.

it feels like Metal Gear 4 "the project".

they have many good ideas. The combat it even fun and when you are driving the ship to jump stages is pretty nice too, but come on!!!! Do I need a MOVIE just to tell me that I need to press a button on the wall that everyone is seeing? They hold you for no reason.
They try too hard to make everything sound too important. A new cloth! Ohhhg myyy gooooood! A new cloth!!!!!!!!! Come on, kids are smarter than that.