• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I'm excited for you long time fans that the KH3 DLC is dropping. I wish I was there with y'all!

I'm progressing pretty quickly through Ventus' side of things in BBS.I'm taking some time to abuse mini on the big enemies in Wonder Land so that I can level up a bit. Was feeling underleveled for sure.
If you have the Mickey D-Link, try leveling it up. One of its perks when active is double EXP gain.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure what's going on but there is 5 KH threads on the first page right now (including this one)!
eJs5N7.gif

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
Must be becoming a huge fanboy of the series because I pretty much mark out every time King Mickey shows up. Teaming up with him just now as Ventus ruled

It really helps that he's treated with so much care. Always addressed as His Majesty or King Mickey, never just Mickey Mouse. It's what made "They'll pay for this!" work.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Had to take a break and watch some Netflix with the wife. I made it to twister canyon on my Ven run. Off for MLK day so first thing when I'm up and about tomorrow is finishing my Ven run.

Just so I'm clear, on Proud, do I need just the stickers, just the secret reports, or both, on all 3 characters? To get the secret stuff I mean

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Had to take a break and watch some Netflix with the wife. I made it to twister canyon on my Ven run. Off for MLK day so first thing when I'm up and about tomorrow is finishing my Ven run.

Just so I'm clear, on Proud, do I need just the stickers, just the secret reports, or both, on all 3 characters? To get the secret stuff I mean

For the Final Episode: All reports for all 3 characters
For the Secret Ending (Which is playable!): All reports + All Stickers for all 3 characters

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
OP, haven't read much on what's almost universally considered the series' most consistent triumph - the music! How are you liking it?

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Your new avatar is terrifying OP.

hah I just wanted something KH/Simpsons related, Best I could find on short notice.
OP, haven't read much on what's almost universally considered the series' most consistent triumph - the music! How are you liking it?

it's incredible. Especially the original music. In fact I meant to post last night that somehow BB May have the best/my favorite track so far

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
hah I just wanted something KH/Simpsons related, Best I could find on short notice.

it's incredible. Especially the original music. In fact I meant to post last night that somehow BB May have the best/my favorite track so far

Vanitas theme? Cause that shit has layers.

Such an evil sounding perversion of Sora, Roxas and Ven's themes

Then
KH3 goes further beyond by using a fucking metal version of it for an awesome scene.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Vanitas theme? Cause that shit has layers.

Such an evil sounding perversion of Sora, Roxas and Ven's themes

Then
KH3 goes further beyond by using a fucking metal version of it for an awesome scene.

Yeah sometimes when I use performance enhancing drugs while playing I just pause and listen to the music in certain areas. hell, I still just love the stripped down piano version of dearly beloved. it's all so good

BBS Ventus Screenshots
OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Just beat Ventus' storyline. I mayyyyyy have overleveled a bit, the boss fights were, um, trivial, with a couple of the powers I had melded.

Have I mentioned I really really enjoy the command melding system? It reminds me a lot of materia.

Screenshots from the last bit, I really really enjoyed the setting. I'm a sucker for the stained glass. BBS Ventus boss spoilers ahead - you've been warned if you haven't played this decade old game I guess?

EOvELDWW4AABtbY

EOvELfrXsAAgDF9

EOvEL3vWkAAp3EL

EOvEME9X0AEvdws

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Just beat Ventus' storyline. I mayyyyyy have overleveled a bit, the boss fights were, um, trivial, with a couple of the powers I had melded.

Have I mentioned I really really enjoy the command melding system? It reminds me a lot of materia.

Command melding is one of the only things I like about BBS, but only when you do it blind.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Ok, made a lot of progress today. Cleaned up my Terra and Ventus files, meaning I got all the remaining stickers and hidden reports, and put the stickers in their albums.

Managed to progress Aqua up to the Outer Space level, and have been trying to keep up with stickers so that when I get to the end tomorrow evening I can keep rolling into the final/hidden stuff?

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
Ah, BBS, the point the series finally shoved its head up its ass and never let go.

At least Aqua falling off a balcony was funny though.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Just found out I have to work late tonight, nooooo, so close to the finish line of BBS! Maybe I can squeeze in a few hours before bed though :(

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Alright, managed to make a little progress, despite the Man getting a few extra hours out of me.
I've got all Aqua's stickers and cleared all the worlds heading into the final world.

So tomorrow, I should beat the final world/boss with Aqua, which should give me the last Xenhanort secret report I need. After that a final secret episode should open?and movie?

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Alright, managed to make a little progress, despite the Man getting a few extra hours out of me.
I've got all Aqua's stickers and cleared all the worlds heading into the final world.

So tomorrow, I should beat the final world/boss with Aqua, which should give me the last Xenhanort secret report I need. After that a final secret episode should open?and movie?

Yeah, the secret ending should be available after you clear the Final Episode

You beat the game with Aqua
Start a "Final Episode" save
Beat final episode (it's pretty short)
You get the Secret Ending

Then you watch the ending of Re:Coded and only that because that game is just filler and nothing happens.

Then you marvel at the plot doing a glorious triple backflip jumping a planet of sharks in "Dream Drop Distance"

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC

Then you watch the ending of Re:Coded and only that because that game is just filler and nothing happens.

Then you marvel at the plot doing a glorious triple backflip jumping a planet of sharks in "Dream Drop Distance"

sweet. I look forward to all of it!

what kind of gameplay does DDD feature? Command style, card style, or mainline KH action style? And do I need to play it on proud/critical (why do I have a feeling I know how the thread will answer...)

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

what kind of gameplay does DDD feature? Command style, card style, or mainline KH action style? And do I need to play it on proud/critical (why do I have a feeling I know how the thread will answer...)
It's the command system of BbS mixed with a monster raising game. Play on whatever difficulty you want. Standard is fine.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018

Command style but it's a bit more creative lol.
Play with whatever difficulty you're comfortable with.

also BBS final episode is a chefs kiss, enjoy it.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

DDD uses the same Command Style as BBS except it doesn't have command melding.

Instead you raise Pokemon-Like "Dream Eaters" and as they level up they give Sora and Riku new commands and abilities.

It also has the GODSEND option of automatically skipping Cure/Potion commands when you're spamming your attack commands

DDD also features "Flowmotion" a set of powers that give Sora and Riku the most mobility in the series.

latest

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's a shame that the No Heart boss requires you to beat the entire Mirage Arena first. That's the only secret boss in the game that's actually fun to fight. I think I even prefer him over the Lingering Will.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
huh, the battle system in DDD seems dope. That said, still looking forward to the conclusion of BBS tomorrow. If only pesky real life wouldn't keep interrupting!

oh while it's on my mind: I don't think it is included, but anyone know for sure whether the all in one package I bought includes the re:mind DLC for KH3? And if not, I should buy it before I get into my KH3 run, right? I imagine it integrates seamlessly into the main game

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
huh, the battle system in DDD seems dope. That said, still looking forward to the conclusion of BBS tomorrow. If only pesky real life wouldn't keep interrupting!

oh while it's on my mind: I don't think it is included, but anyone know for sure whether the all in one package I bought includes the re:mind DLC for KH3? And if not, I should buy it before I get into my KH3 run, right? I imagine it integrates seamlessly into the main game

We don't know for sure yet. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Right now it's looking like the new cutscenes are added seamlessly but the new epilogue and boss fights could be accesible in a separate menu option in the title screen.

I hope that's not the case and it works like previous Final Mix content.

Also, add me to the list of folks recommending Standard for DDD.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017

The DLC is separate, I bought the same package and it didn't include it. The DLC/patch will add some new cutscenes to the base game, and for free without buying the DLC you get 2 new keyblades and some new abilities. The new cutscenes might be free too as part of the 1.07 patch. The paid DLC will add new difficulty options to the base game and a photo editing mode, as well as allot of post game content - the main DLC story, 13 boss battles, Secret Episode + boss, etc. I think the only thing you miss out on by not buying the DLC is the new difficulty mode modifiers, which would probably make your first time through more enjoyable - Proud mode is a bit too easy otherwise. Almost everything else is post-game content or it is free with the 1.07 patch.

One thing you do get by buying it now is a pre-order theme that either wont be available later or will cost $.

As for DDD, I just finished it on Normal mode and it seemed about right. Proud would be highly annoying at the end of the game when the boss battles get difficult. I didn't grind in it so I didn't level up many of the high level Dream Eaters as I got them right when the game was about to end.... But if you save the water pinball game for your near end-game Dream Eaters, you can use it to get a ton of skill points to quickly unlock the end-game spells.

Last edited:

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019

Nah
Data will be really important in the next saga.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
The DLC is separate, I bought the same package and it didn't include it. The DLC/patch will add some new cutscenes to the base game, and for free without buying the DLC you get 2 new keyblades and some new abilities. The new cutscenes might be free too as part of the 1.07 patch. The paid DLC will add new difficulty options to the base game and a photo editing mode, as well as allot of post game content - the main DLC story, 13 boss battles, Secret Episode + boss, etc. I think the only thing you miss out on by not buying the DLC is the new difficulty mode modifiers, which would probably make your first time through more enjoyable - Proud mode is a bit too easy otherwise. Almost everything else is post-game content or it is free with the 1.07 patch.

One thing you do get by buying it now is a pre-order theme that either wont be available later or will cost $.

As for DDD, I just finished it on Normal mode and it seemed about right. Proud would be highly annoying at the end of the game when the boss battles get difficult. I didn't grind in it so I didn't level up many of the high level Dream Eaters as I got them right when the game was about to end.... But if you save the water pinball game for your near end-game Dream Eaters, you can use it to get a ton of skill points to quickly unlock the end-game spells.

thanks! Luckily it's payday so I'll grab The dlc tonight if I can still snag the preorder bonus

I can't wait to get home and finish BBS!

also not gonna lie after doing KH2 on critical and bbs on proud I'm glad I can just cruise through DDD on normal or even easy. Just for the story stuff. I'm eager to get in on the KH3 zeitgeist!

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
After messing around with the new stuff added in the free patch I have to say you are incredibly lucky to experience KH3 for the first time with it installed. It improves the combat so much.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
After messing around with the new stuff added in the free patch I have to say you are incredibly lucky to experience KH3 for the first time with it installed. It improves the combat so much.

sometimes being really really late to the party pays off I guess? welp, just ordered re:mind anyway. Now just gotta get through the day til I can finish up BBS

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Oh man, I didn't know OP was already on BBS. Probably my favorite KH game. The game structure helps to have a more tolerable story dumps moments.

Deleted member 63108

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
Oh man, I did this a couple years back.

My takeaways were that the games are super fun, the music is amazing, and the story is fairly garbage but still entertaining.

Awesome to see you enjoying BBS though, that was my favorite.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Oh man, I did this a couple years back.

My takeaways were that the games are super fun, the music is amazing, and the story is fairly garbage but still entertaining.

Awesome to see you enjoying BBS though, that was my favorite.

Yeh, it's great! Right there with 2FM for me, at least story wise. I really do love the command melding too.

Ok, just finished the secret boss fight! That took longer than I'd hoped, but was cool as hell, and has tons of lore implications obviously...

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeh, it's great! Right there with 2FM for me, at least story wise. I really do love the command melding too.

Ok, just finished the secret boss fight! That took longer than I'd hoped, but was cool as hell, and has tons of lore implications obviously...
Speaking of secret bosses, load up one of the three complete saves (doesn't matter which character) and revisit the Land of Departure. That's where you'll find the traditional FM secret boss that turns out to be a character from a future game just like Xemnas in KH1 and Terra in KH2.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Speaking of secret bosses, load up one of the three complete saves (doesn't matter which character) and revisit the Land of Departure. That's where you'll find the traditional FM secret boss that turns out to be a character from a future game just like Xemnas in KH1 and Terra in KH2.

roger, will do that before I take a break then watch the next game before dream drop distance

edit: ok I'm an idiot, I'm just now in the secret episode, the part I finished before was the final episode. finally back in control of aqua so will see what happens

Last edited:

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Hey NattyBo regarding your question from yesterday

The Re Mind story content for KH3 is unfortunately only accesible through the title screen, but the new abilities and Keyblades are available in the main game.

Also I still think the start and ending of Re Coded is enough to get you through before DDD. Game is almost a full KH1 rehash.