• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Wow active thread this morning! Happy New Year Y'all. I beat the Land of the Dragons last night. Just threw some ribs on the smoker for New Years dinner tonight and about to settle in for more KH2. I stopped last night after Merlin gave the party back the 100 Acre Wood book.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
Wow active thread this morning! Happy New Year Y'all. I beat the Land of the Dragons last night. Just threw some ribs on the smoker for New Years dinner tonight and about to settle in for more KH2. I stopped last night after Merlin gave the party back the 100 Acre Wood book.
What's your favorite KH1 world?

Oct 25, 2017
I finally finished KH2 FM and thoroughly enjoyed it, although due to lack of time I'm going to skip the level 80+ optional bosses, but I can really appreciate the combat system. I just started Birth by Sleep and it just seems so off to me, Terra is slow as heck and the combat setup is needlessly complicated with command deck, melding, d-link, etc while also giving far fewer combat options than KH2. I really want to skip the game, but it is super necessary story-wise, sigh. I hope KH: DDD and 0.2 are better games when it comes to gameplay, otherwise I might never get to KH3...
I was level 55 when I got all the crowns on Critical earlier this year. No need to get that high if what's keeping you is the time you'd waste grinding.
kingdomheartshd1_52_5yak63.png

kingdomheartshd1_52_5yak63.png

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Timeless River is cool, maybe a bit too many of the trademark KH2 gimmick fights.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely love Auron in KH2. While all the other FF characters are different entities from the ones in their respective games, Auron is just straight up the same guy from FFX.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Ok, finished up Timeless River, onto Port Royal! Things still ticking along nicely. I'm finding critical mode isn't too bad, bosses especially seem fine, but it's the big groups of medium to tough enemies where I can get stunlocked to death. Other than that, having access to all this AP and abilities early on has made combat a breeze.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Getting all those AP in Critical is great. I think I never really needed to swap out anything until I reached the end.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, finished up Timeless River, onto Port Royal! Things still ticking along nicely. I'm finding critical mode isn't too bad, bosses especially seem fine, but it's the big groups of medium to tough enemies where I can get stunlocked to death. Other than that, having access to all this AP and abilities early on has made combat a breeze.
I imagine you'll have some trouble with one mandatory boss on critical, but otherwise it's a good level of difficulty.

Have you tried any of the optional Organisation XIII fights (the books in the worlds)?

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
I imagine you'll have some trouble with one mandatory boss on critical, but otherwise it's a good level of difficulty.

Have you tried any of the optional Organisation XIII fights (the books in the worlds)?

Nope on the optional bosses yet.

Finished the Port Royal world which was a PITA with the pirates not taking damage in shaded areas.

Man, this game is so good. I enjoyed KH1FM but this is the definition of a sequel that tweaks and perfects.

Exhibit A:
Gummi Ship KH1FM

maxresdefault.jpg

Gummi ship KH2FM
ENZgbWZVAAEvbIC

Just feels like a game where everything is clicking on all cylinders. I'm back in Halloweentown now!!

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Great! Completed Halloweentown and Agrabah and did the first 2 musicals at Atlantica. Made my way back to Twilight Town this morning, but I might detour over to the Underworld stadium to level up a bit.
I highly recommend doing the other world over by Halloweentown and Agrabah before finishing Twilight Town. You're rapidly approaching an event which will lock you out of that world until pretty much the end of the game. Also you don't gain EXP in the coliseum in this game.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
I highly recommend doing the other world over by Halloweentown and Agrabah before finishing Twilight Town. You're rapidly approaching an event which will lock you out of that world until pretty much the end of the game. Also you don't gain EXP in the coliseum in this game.

Ya I actually edited my post because I forgot I unlocked the Pride Lands last night before I crashed. I'm doing Pride Lands now, then maybe I'll mosey over to the coliseum for some extracurricular fun before I tackle Twilight Town.

My son has been watching me play and was inspired to start KH1FM himself yesterday. So now it's a family LTTP lmao

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Ya I actually edited my post because I forgot I unlocked the Pride Lands last night before I crashed. I'm doing Pride Lands now, then maybe I'll mosey over to the coliseum for some extracurricular fun before I tackle Twilight Town.

My son has been watching me play and was inspired to start KH1FM himself yesterday. So now it's a family LTTP lmao

Holy crap, that's wonderful! I hope he gains some good life lessons from KH1, I know the games shaped me into the strange, compassionate individual I am today!

Pridelands is a ton of fun, but you better watch out when it's enemies start showing up back in the Colloseum later on, they won't have the reaction commands they do when you are a lion! That gives them a ton more damaging weight, like a late game version of those Centaurs in China...

...What the heck is that last sentence I just typed? I love these games.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Holy crap, that's wonderful! I hope he gains some good life lessons from KH1, I know the games shaped me into the strange, compassionate individual I am today!

Pridelands is a ton of fun, but you better watch out when it's enemies start showing up back in the Colloseum later on, they won't have the reaction commands they do when you are a lion! That gives them a ton more damaging weight, like a late game version of those Centaurs in China...

...What the heck is that last sentence I just typed? I love these games.

yup he's loving it. I keep getting shouted updates from the other room. "I'M IN WONDERLAND!"

As for me I'm trying my hand at an absent silhouette fight. The one in the underworld as it's the first one I remember coming across. I haven't beaten him yet but it's the guy with the book attacks.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
So, there's supposed to be a Silhouette fight in Agrabah at the peddler's shop. I cannot for the life of me figure out why I can't find/see it. I've completed that world and boss fight already, obviously. What am I missing here? In the meantime I guess I'll try the one in Beast's Room

Edit: The one that's supposed to be in the Beasts' Room isn't there! aaaa.

Ok, the only other one I can find that is actually there is the rock face of isla de muerta

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, there's supposed to be a Silhouette fight in Agrabah at the peddler's shop. I cannot for the life of me figure out why I can't find/see it. I've completed that world and boss fight already, obviously. What am I missing here? In the meantime I guess I'll try the one in Beast's Room

Edit: The one that's supposed to be in the Beasts' Room isn't there! aaaa.

Ok, the only other one I can find that is actually there is the rock face of isla de muerta
Those two unlock a bit later on.

Congrats on beating Zexion. Playign through the game at level 1 really made me hate that fight. It can be complete BS if you're unlucky.

King Mickey goes full Kazuma Kiryu and OP loses it
OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
I yelled out loud when Mickey says "they'll pay for this" after a certain scene. I'm so invested in this lmao. I actually stopped the game to show my wife the scene on YouTube 😂

He fucking throws the black jacket off Kiryu/Yakuza style!! I can't stop laughing omfg

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I yelled out loud when Mickey says "they'll pay for this" after a certain scene. I'm so invested in this lmao. I actually stopped the game to show my wife the scene on YouTube 😂

Man, I loved that entire sequence back in the day.

Apparently that one unlocks after you revisit Twilight Town.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The entire return to Hollow Bastion (including Space Paranoids) is a big highlight of the game IMO.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017

He fucking throws the black jacket off Kiryu/Yakuza style!! I can't stop laughing omfg
Always a joy to see people get there for the first time lol

This is the kind of stuff you can't get in literally any other series

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.

Best scene in the game, after the last boss of my favorite Organization Member. It's true, all of this part is amazing! Especially the cutscene of two particularly popular characters teaming up.

They freaking rocked the dialogue in this game, I swear. Even the rediculous Seifer line about Lamers is completely in character for him to say, and very memorable!

Also, you are past it now, but I lost it completely in the scene with Tifa searching the office of Ansem, it was fully rediculous.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017

RIP GOOFY

Btw, if you die in some boss fights, you have the option to play as Mickey.

André

Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Kh3 deeply needed one of these middle breakers of just straight plot but that's for when Op gets there!

This is my main problem with KH3's pacing. The Gummi Phone ruined everything. Instead of having to meet characters to know what's up with them, Sora just calls them and proceeds to the next Disney world. Or automatically teleports to Yen Sid's. What a bummer.

I had hoped Re:mind and the accompanying free game update would introduce something like this, but it's probably not happening.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
This is my main problem with KH3's pacing. The Gummi Phone ruined everything. Instead of having to meet characters to know what's up with them, Sora just calls them and proceeds to the next Disney world. Or automatically teleports to Yen Sid's. What a bummer.

I had hoped Re:mind and the accompanying free game update would introduce something like this, but it's probably not happening.
That and almost all the plot only happened at the end.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I assumed the awkward voice acting and story telling was due to the games being a couple generations old, but holy shit is it just as bad in Kingdom Hearts 3 - it's actually embarrassing.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019

IIRC Re:Mind will add new cutscenes during the main story (not actual gameplay) so it's at least something.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Kid's school closed early because we're supposed to get snow this afternoon. Therefore I got to use leave at work. Therefore, I am playing KH2FM!

Back on Agrabah for a second go 'round now that I've unlocked those worlds again. Right at level 39. So far the most annoying boss for me was the last one in Port Royal, which you could only damage to get the coins out with magic, etc. Too gimmicky a fight for me. But still loving the ride overall

Oct 25, 2017
Kid's school closed early because we're supposed to get snow this afternoon. Therefore I got to use leave at work. Therefore, I am playing KH2FM!

Back on Agrabah for a second go 'round now that I've unlocked those worlds again. Right at level 39. So far the most annoying boss for me was the last one in Port Royal, which you could only damage to get the coins out with magic, etc. Too gimmicky a fight for me. But still loving the ride overall
Op you keep finding ways to play more quicker 👀👀👀👀 I'm on to you