• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Credits rolling on KH2FM....

Damn, that was an amazing game. I need some time to gather myself before I can properly react to it, but suffice it for now to say that I loved it.

Also my goodness, Passion/My Sanctuary is such a good song!

KH2 is beautiful, I didn't like any of the spin offs but 3 is super good again. :)

Glad you enjoyed it! hopefully you'll have a good time with the others.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Did you recognize any of Xemnas's attacks? He was the secret boss in Hollow Bastion back in KH1.

Before moving on to the next ggame load up your completed save file and return to the hall of the cornerstone in Disney Castle for a surprise.
The Cavern of Remembrance is also awesome, but you'll need to have maxed Drive Forms to complete it (that said, you can grind those super quickly in specific spots). Check out Sephiroth too :P!

There's also Yuna, Rikku and Paine in Hollow Bastion if you missed them.
niiiice! Glad you liked it. KH2 is such a gem. Hope you dive back in when you get a chance and try some of the crazy post game. Some incredibly satisfying boss fights.
KH2FM is easily the highest pedestal for KH. What a masterpiece. Post game is even more fun, it's the one post game you should really do.
Awesome!

While you just completed the best game in the series, there's still lots of fun stuff to go through.

And While not as good as 2FM BbS, DDD and III are lots of fun too.

I will make an effort to check out the post game content even if I don't end up beating all the bosses. I am eager to keep moving on with the story so it's a tough balancing act!

Waters

Mar 17, 2018
I still don´t know how this game made so much success considering the first game... i know it´s old, but the control is atricious (attack with X, really?), camera, level design is terrible (Monstro is unbelievable bad)... the Gummi Ship is awful...

The FF and Disneys characters saved the game...

Only played the first one and Chain of Memories until now... people say that KH2 is the best íll try someday

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I will make an effort to check out the post game content even if I don't end up beating all the bosses. I am eager to keep moving on with the story so it's a tough balancing act!

Battling the Organization XIII members from Chain of Memories is such a rewarding challenge. I recommend that you go against them.

Oct 25, 2017
Did they ever put critical mode into KH3 or is that coming with this DLC?

edit - also this thread has inspired me to start a playthrough. obviously I know 2 should be played on critical, but what's the ideal difficulty for the other games? Planning on playing 1, CoM, 2, BBS, DDD and 3
Good luck getting KH players to agree on difficulty for anything other than KH II Final Mix.

Personally, I, II and III should be played on Critical (Final Mix Proud for I).

I still don´t know how this game made so much success considering the first game... i know it´s old, but the control is atricious (attack with X, really?), camera, level design is terrible (Monstro is unbelievable bad)... the Gummi Ship is awful...

Only played the first one and Chain of Memories until now... people say that KH2 is the best íll try someday
X is usually the button you confirm actions with in RPGs, including "Attack" in turn based RPGs. Makes perfect sense for a menu-based action gameplay.

Level design is trash though, for sure.

Deleted member 56065

User-requested account closure
Apr 18, 2019

That's how this became a franchise and that's why KH 3 was a disappointment for many people.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Where do I find post game bosses besides the guy at cornerstone of Disney castle? Is there a recommended order? Gonna try and do this mostly tonight.

Also, I can google it obviously but if anyone has limit form grinding spots they like please post here, I really prefer it to googling, feels less like cheating if you ask a "friend" :-)

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Where do I find post game bosses besides the guy at cornerstone of Disney castle? Is there a recommended order? Gonna try and do this mostly tonight.

Also, I can google it obviously but if anyone has limit form grinding spots they like please post here, I really prefer it to googling, feels less like cheating if you ask a "friend" :-)
Sephiroth: Just past where you did the battle of 1000 heartless in Hollow Bastion
All 13 Data Organization fights: The end of the Cavern of Remembrance

Grinding spots.

Valor Form: The Mushroom XIII in Agrabah's treasure chamber.
Wisdom form: Mickey's House in Timeless River
Limit Form: The Mushroom XIII in Agrabah's treasure chamber. After activating the mushroom go towards the exit and activate sonic blade. By doing the limit without hitting any enemies you won't deplete the drive gauge as quickly.
Master Form: Equip Sweet memories and do reaction commands on the gamblers in Yen Sid's tower.
Final Form: At the start farm the nobodies in the basement of Twwilight Town's mansion. Once you reach level 4-5 go to the castle in TWTNW.
Summons: The Mushroom XIII in Agrabah's treasure chamber.
EXP: Do runs through the castle in TWTNW while on low health with the EXP Boost ability equipped.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

You access most of them by clearing the cavern of remembrance.

Sephiroth is straight from where you battled 1000 heartless

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017

Besides Lingering Will and the Organization XIII data battles, you can find Sephiroth just past the area where you fought the 1000 Heartless. In order of difficulty, it's Sephiroth --> Org XIII --> Lingering Will.

Defeating Sephiroth will get you the Fenrir Keyblade, which will come in very handy for some of these optional bosses as well as Mushroom XIII if you haven't already done those.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Sephiroth: Just past where you did the battle of 1000 heartless in Hollow Bastion
All 13 Data Organization fights: The end of the Cavern of Remembrance

Grinding spots.

Valor Form: The Mushroom XIII in Agrabah's treasure chamber.
Wisdom form: Mickey's House in Timeless River
Limit Form: The Mushroom XIII in Agrabah's treasure chamber. After activating the mushroom go towards the exit and activate sonic blade. By doing the limit without hitting any enemies you won't deplete the drive gauge as quickly.
Master Form: Equip Sweet memories and do reaction commands on the gamblers in Yen Sid's tower.
Final Form: At the start farm the nobodies in the basement of Twwilight Town's mansion. Once you reach level 4-5 go to the castle in TWTNW.
Summons: The Mushroom XIII in Agrabah's treasure chamber.
EXP: Do runs through the castle in TWTNW while on low health with the EXP Boost ability equipped.
You access most of them by clearing the cavern of remembrance.

Sephiroth is straight from where you battled 1000 heartless
Besides Lingering Will and the Organization XIII data battles, you can find Sephiroth just past the area where you fought the 1000 Heartless. In order of difficulty, it's Sephiroth --> Org XIII --> Lingering Will.

Defeating Sephiroth will get you the Fenrir Keyblade, which will come in very handy for some of these optional bosses as well as Mushroom XIII if you haven't already done those.

you guys rock, thanks!!! Gonna start as soon as I finish dinner

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Woof, Sepiroth is handing my ass to me...I need to git gud quick

It's mostly git gud by knowing when to hit him out of certain attacks and knowing where he's gonna target. If you haven't already, I'd reccomend getting your movement abilities upgraded as much as they can (double jump, quick run, dodge roll, glide) cause those are super useful in these fight. I love kh2, but how mildly annoying it is to farm for abilities that should be given to you is a small blemish on an otherwise nearly perfect battle system imo.

Also get the aerial recovery ability (press circle after getting hit while in the air? Something like that) helps a lot if you manage to get caught in the attack sephiroth does to send you into the air. Once he starts trying to barrage you after sending you up, the recovery will give you some iframes to get out and readjust.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
I didn't make much progress last night and won't be able to play again until this evening, but I was starting to get in the groove of general level grinding with the Gull wing at the last world.

what is the level cap for limit forms? Grinding those up seems like it'll be way harder even using the list above

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't make much progress last night and won't be able to play again until this evening, but I was starting to get in the groove of general level grinding with the Gull wing at the last world.

what is the level cap for limit forms? Grinding those up seems like it'll be way harder even using the list above
Level 7

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017

grinding drive forms aren't hard just tedious, they are very much worth the grind though

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I'm definitely going to try beating KH2:FM post-game bosses, but I wanted to get through the other games first. I just finished KH:DDD and man did they drop the ball with the plot towards the end of the game. I was wondering why people complained about the game before that as I was having fun with the game, aside from the fact that Dream Eaters take forever to level up their abilities and it is way too difficult to get higher level dream eaters without farming for parts. I didn't get allot of the cool Dream Eaters until I was already nearly done with the game (aside from post-game content that I am likely going to skip).
Man, the time travel BS is so ridiculous and then needing to make 13 Xehanorts... Like why would anyone ever give up themselves to become another copy of Xehanort, yet Braig and some of the other ex-members of Organization XIII who were finally human again were like "yeah, go ahead and turn me back into a Nobody just so I can eventually become another Xehanort instead of myself!" Huh, like where is the motivation for that?? I assume this isn't answered in KH3 and is just because....
The final bosses were also a bit too difficult (Hint: Equip at least 2 Curaga + have leaf bracer unlocked + salvation + ballonra + triple plasma/dark firaga + some 2 slot stuff like Firaga burst or Ars arcanum) and I sadly lost my T-rex buddy during one of them but the
Mickey/Stopza
scene was well worth finishing the game for.

I just started KH 0.2 and the graphic upgrade is quite noticeable but the poor frame rate is lamentable, I think on the PS4 Pro it is a variable frame rate? I would much rather have a fixed 30 than a variable 40-60 FPS... Also, why can I invert the camera but not the shotlock, seems like a huge oversight.

Last edited:

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I'm definitely going to try beating KH2:FM post-game bosses, but I wanted to get through the other games first. I just finished KH:DDD and man did they drop the ball with the plot towards the end of the game. I was wondering why people complained about the game before that as I was having fun with the game, aside from the fact that Dream Eaters take forever to level up their abilities and it is way too difficult to get higher level dream eaters without farming for parts. I didn't get allot of the cool Dream Eaters until I was already nearly done with the game (aside from post-game content that I am likely going to skip).
Man, the time travel BS is so ridiculous and then needing to make 13 Xehanorts... Like why would anyone ever give up themselves to become another copy of Xehanort, yet Braig and some of the other ex-members of Organization XIII who were finally human again were like "yeah, go ahead and turn me back into a Nobody just so I can eventually become another Xehanort instead of myself!" Huh, like where is the motivation for that?? I assume this isn't answered in KH3 and is just because....
The final bosses were also a bit too difficult (Hint: Equip at least 2 Curaga + have leaf bracer unlocked + salvation + ballonra + triple plasma/dark firaga + some 2 slot stuff like Firaga burst or Ars arcanum) and I sadly lost my T-rex buddy during one of them but the
Mickey/Stopza
scene was well worth finishing the game for.

I just started KH 0.2 and the graphic upgrade is quite noticeable but the poor frame rate is lamentable, I think on the PS4 Pro it is a variable frame rate? I would much rather have a fixed 30 than a variable 40-60 FPS... Also, why can I invert the camera but not the shotlock, seems like a huge oversight.

It's answered for some characters, for some others it's purposely set up as a mystery.

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
OP, there's a well discussed aspect of the game in the fandom that I'd like your untarnished opinion about.

Whats your opinion on the prologue?

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
@ me when you've decided to quit the series. As a kid I could see how some people would be into it. As Final Fantasy geeks I could see how some found it appealing, and as Disney fans. However, as an adult, as good as the art and production is, I can't really understand what the continued pull of the franchise is, because it isn't the story that it spends so much time indulging in. It's a poorly written storyline.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
@ me when you've decided to quit the series. As a kid I could see how some people would be into it. As Final Fantasy geeks I could see how some found it appealing, and as Disney fans. However, as an adult, as good as the art and production is, I can't really understand what the continued pull of the franchise is, because it isn't the story that it spends so much time indulging in. It's a poorly written storyline.

Even if you don't enjoy the story line; as you mentioned , Its basically the most high budget Disney game with amzaing looking world and many of the orginal VAs returning . Its an action RPG with decent to great combat too.

Oct 25, 2017
To me it's the gameplay, music and visuals. It's why I didn't bother with KH III at release since it didn't have Critical.

Nothing plays quite like KH. People can argue if there are better Action RPGs out there, but if I feel like playing KH, no other series will give me that experience.

Fighting the superbosses in KH II Final Mix is an amazing experience, way more memorable than the vast majority of stories in games out there. I'm more impressed at the amount of people I see saying they don't care about gameplay in RPGs as much, and play them mostly for the story.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

It's not the best written story by any stretch of the imagination, but personally, there's just a certain charm the series has in general, especially including the story, that no other game can really emulate for me.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC

see I guess the thing is I went in expecting the story to be bad/nonsensical.

don't get me wrong it's not war and peace but it's also not as bad as people made out. I also don't expect a perfectly serious and well wtitten story in a game where Goofy is a party member. But the game has oodles of charm

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
yeah this is the prologue
Oh. Well, I enjoyed it. It did a good job in several areas; introducing new story elements (Roxas, the nobodies, Twilight Town itself). I felt that as a prologue it also worked well as an appetizer; fun to play but left me hungry for the main game. I especially enjoyed Seifer calling someone chicken wuss. The struggle competition was cool too. And in terms of the overall story it got you just invested enough in Roxas to care later on

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Oh. Well, I enjoyed it. It did a good job in several areas; introducing new story elements (Roxas, the nobodies, Twilight Town itself). I felt that as a prologue it also worked well as an appetizer; fun to play but left me hungry for the main game. I especially enjoyed Seifer calling someone chicken wuss. The struggle competition was cool too. And in terms of the overall story it got you just invested enough in Roxas to care later on

fair enough. maybe its cause i have revisited the game a ton, but i find the prologue ending the most emotional part of the game at this point

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
Regarding the start of Kingdom Hearts II, I really like this video. Does a great job talking about why the first hours of KH2 are so great, and its ties and effectiveness after playing through CoM:

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
I used to like it but lately, after a watching a bunch of gameplays on Youtube and replaying it myself, I realized I don't care about Roxas' vacation anymore, and his placement on the game ias a whole s weird.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
It's a fun action RPG series with some of the best boss fights in the business, and literally no other series does what KH does. Yeah the plot and writing is trash, but who cares if the game is actually fun?

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
I remember HATING that sequence when I first played. Upon revisiting the game yeah it's still a slog but I don't have the outright vitriol I did for it when I was younger.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Still have not managed to take down Sephiroth, but I think it happens today. Only have the final form and summon forms left to max out before I do the cavern as well

Swift_Gamer

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
Rio de Janeiro

You're not "attacking with X", you're selecting an action in a menu. It makes perfect sense.