• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, onto BBS. Probably gonna play this on easy unless I really love it because I'm tryna blow through the spinoff stuff and get to KH3
giphy.gif

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Bbs and ddd are not spin offs. They're more important to 3 than 2 lol. Both should take a good minute to get through.

lead up to the psp bbs release was nuts after two. That 2 secret movie....

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Lol well maybe I'll play DDD on harder difficulties then. I didn't realize they aren't spinoffs, per se. seems like they aren't skip able by watching some YouTubes like CoM was?

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, onto BBS. Probably gonna play this on easy unless I really love it because I'm tryna blow through the spinoff stuff and get to KH3

BBS is probably the most important title to KH3.

Secret ending isn't unlockable on Beginner though. On Proud or Critical you just need to collect all the reports and beat the Final Episode.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, don't play BBB on beginner. It's pretty easy. Just be sure to continue through all stories, don't start new games to play through the 3 scenarios. The secret ending(s) on this one are actually playable, and are critical to 3s plot.

Oct 25, 2017
Lol well maybe I'll play DDD on harder difficulties then. I didn't realize they aren't spinoffs, per se. seems like they aren't skip able by watching some YouTubes like CoM was?
You could totally just watch movies of them if you wanted too. It's up to you. They play pretty different so if you not feeling it then watch the movies but in the flip side of that you might wanna get a feel for them cuz uh well they heavily influence 3

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018

BBS is the only one I recommend playing on harder difficulty mostly because BBS's main goal is to get you attached to the characters. You can totally get by playing DDD on normal/easy.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I heavily, heavily suggest you don't skip them. They both have all new Disney worlds and the such. It's nothing like com where it's all rehash, it's all entirely new.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'd recommend Proud over crit. Proud allows you to access all the content without much hassle and crit on BbS is terrible.
Crit is easier than Proud in BBS (EDIT: same values as Proud with less hp on level ups, but start with more command slots) imo.

Especially when it comes to the bullshit that one hit kills you on every difficulty.

Last edited:

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I would recommend BBS on Proud over critical and youtube the secret movie

Also NattyBo don't expect it to be KH2FM, this is a psp game with a completely new system to master.

Also power through Terra's dumb story and slow, heavy attacks. Ven and Aqua's story is much much better.

Just go in expecting Terra to be an absolute idiot from the start.

Also did you like the story of 358/2 Days?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Crit is easier than Proud in BBS (EDIT: same values as Proud with less hp on level ups, but start with more command slots) imo.

Especially when it comes to the bullshit that one hit kills you on every difficulty.
Less command slots early on doesn't really matter IMO since that early you're better off using D-links anyway.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Playing BBS on harder difficulties makes it easier to unlock the final cutscenes for the game as well as the secret episode

To unlock it on Standard, the player must complete the Sticker Album and defeat 9,999 Unversed to obtain the Keyslinger Trophy, complete the Sticker Album on Proud, and simply clear the Final Episode on Critical.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Ok just so I'm clear for tonight when I get home:
Do BBS on proud, DDD on easy or whatever is fastest for me, and then what about the other BBS game on 2.8?

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Do BBS on proud, DDD on easy or whatever is fastest for me, and then what about the other BBS game on 2.8?

BBS 0.2 is just an introduction to KH3, it's like 2 hours long, I played it on Proud.

Don't forget to watch the X Back Cover movie before 0.2 though, 0.2 should be the last thing you do before jumping into KH3.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Play 2.8 on Standard just to make getting to KH3 faster. Though proud is pretty fun.

For KH3 I highly recommend critical mode.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm playing through BBS myself, I've beaten Ventura (terrible), and Terra (not so terrible) on standard difficulty. If I beat Aqua's on Critical do I unlock the secret episode?

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
KH3 is sadly a cakewalk on any difficulty that's not critical. Sora is just too much of a God at that point lol.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do we know what changes are coming to the base game or is this all a special episode? I'm debating weather to replay kh3 before or after the dlc drops

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Do we know what changes are coming to the base game or is this all a special episode? I'm debating weather to replay kh3 before or after the dlc drops

I'm replaying it right now, I have too many games to play in february, no time to play KH3 Remind if I don't replay KH3 now because I refuse to face the new superbosses on proud.

I'll just watch the new cutscenes in the theater if there are some and I'll keep a save right before the final section of the game just in case, but I want to be ready to face the datas and stuff on critical when the DLC releases.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
My only regret is not starting this like a month earlier. Just feels like a huge crunch for me to get this done before onslaught of spring games. I have PC, PS and Switch and I do wish these were on NS - the extra few hours a day I could squeeze out at work breaks would add up like compound interest lol.

I'm so looking forward to getting to kh3 and seeing how good this series looks on modern gen

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Just get through Terra and you'll enjoy the game, I think starting with him makes a lot of players lose interest (it did with me at first) but the other two more than make up for it and the way their story all ties together is quite meaningful. I had a blast with Birth by Sleep as someone who never played the PSP version. I was even insane enough to get the platinum lol.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
is there a specific reason to start with terra first? can't you do them in any order?

The story is structured in a way that both Aqua and Ventus have to deal with the fallouts of Terra's incredibly idiotic choices.

By starting with Terra, you not only start the earliest in the timeline, but you get the context of why Aqua and Ven are going through so much shit

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
My only regret is not starting this like a month earlier. Just feels like a huge crunch for me to get this done before onslaught of spring games. I have PC, PS and Switch and I do wish these were on NS - the extra few hours a day I could squeeze out at work breaks would add up like compound interest lol.

I'm so looking forward to getting to kh3 and seeing how good this series looks on modern gen
If time is really a struggle, just do BBS on easy. I did and still really enjoyed the story. The gameplay I didn't even find as good as 2FM so I don't think you're missing out much

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
Yeah, BBS might be my favorite KH game. Just follow the on-screen order of Terra, Ven and then Aqua. Also, didn't Nomura say that was the correct order, too?

OP, did you see the KH2 secret ending, by the way? What were your thoughts if you did. I only just played the series in 2018 but can't imagine having seen that and then waiting for BBS.

I'll also recommend doing BBS on whatever's easiest to get the secret ending because it features my favorite moment in the series. Although I did it on normal and got the ending, though I had to do a couple extra side things to make sure I got it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
The story is structured in a way that both Aqua and Ventus have to deal with the fallouts of Terra's incredibly idiotic choices.

By starting with Terra, you not only start the earliest in the timeline, but you get the context of why Aqua and Ven are going through so much shit
Terra being (relatively) more melee oriented helps ease new players in to the new battle system too.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just a heads up. One of the requirements to fight the true final boss (seriously, why the hell did BbS do this?) is collecting all the stickers with every character.