• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
It's best to make a sweep through the worlds and grab all the stickers and reports before beating the final boss of each scenario. If you get them afterwards, you'll need to beat the final boss again for it to register towards unlocking the bonus episodes and secret ending.

Swift_Gamer

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
It's best to make a sweep through the worlds and grab all the stickers and reports before beating the final boss of each scenario. If you get them afterwards, you'll need to beat the final boss again for it to register towards unlocking the bonus episodes and secret ending.
That's not true at all in final mix. He can just get the stickers and the secret episode will unlock.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
One of the saddest and most brilliant lines in gaming history, and I'm not even doing a bit. Roxas' only concept of love and friendship summarised so perfectly. The pain he's going through and he doesn't even understand why.

Sure, but I have the same qualms with it as I do with the FFX laughing scene. It really works in context but it's just too goofy a line not to notice despite the gravitas. I'm a sucker for Xion though so of course I felt it.

Here's what I gathered from various sources but this is copypasted from the wiki
  • Standard Mode - Complete the Final Episode, complete the Sticker Album with Terra, Aqua, and Ventus, and obtain the Keyslinger in-game trophy.
  • Proud Mode - Complete the Final Episode and complete the Sticker Album with Terra, Aqua, and Ventus.
  • Critical Mode - Complete the Final Episode.
The stickers are worth getting anyway since Rhythm Mixer is the best style. Not to mention they're not that tedious to collect.

Last edited:

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
The perfect Kingdom Hearts between II and III would be one with BbS's importance to the plot, 358's character work and coded's fun gameplay.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Alright, made some progress in BBS before I hit the sack for the evening. Managed to beat the unversed in Radiant Garden which was a little tough since I couldn't use d links. Also made it through the boss fight outside of the gates which was obviously a cool connection to the previous games!

So far my take is that Terra is a total dumbass but it's making for lots of plot so keep going I guess?

I stopped after Disney Town and when I made it to the Coliseum for now. Supposed to be icy out tomorrow so I'll probably have a good bit of time to play.
OP, how did you feel about Xion and her fate in 358/2 days?

Appropriately tragic regarding her fate. I dunno, I don't seem to be as high on 358/2 as other people. I'm really digging BBS so far though

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Alright, made some progress in BBS before I hit the sack for the evening. Managed to beat the unversed in Radiant Garden which was a little tough since I couldn't use d links. Also made it through the boss fight outside of the gates which was obviously a cool connection to the previous games!

So far my take is that Terra is a total dumbass but it's making for lots of plot so keep going I guess?

I stopped after Disney Town and when I made it to the Coliseum for now. Supposed to be icy out tomorrow so I'll probably have a good bit of time to play.

Appropriately tragic regarding her fate. I dunno, I don't seem to be as high on 358/2 as other people. I'm really digging BBS so far though

If you're enjoying BBS with fucking Terra you'll love Ven and Aqua

ONE OF US ONE OF US

Last edited:

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I loved BBS. I think it's my favorite, even more than KH2FM. And, yeah, if you like Terra, you'll love Ven and especially Aqua.

Recommendation: Do as little in Disney Town as possible. Couldn't stand going there with any of the characters.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The next time you play I suggest going to the Mirage Arena and doing the "Monster of the Deep" match. Don;t worry about beating it, I just want to know your reaction to it.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished Terra's part! That last fight was one of the best in the series IMO. Tough and fair
The Lingering Will moment is so goddam cool (I don't think you beat him in KH2FM - but you did at least see him yeah? (the secret boss being from the next game is one of the absolute coolest things KH does, and I really hope the KH3 DLC gives us that again)). Just make sure you continue your game now instead of starting a new one.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Human size bosses in BbS are the exact opposite of fair. There are no actual openings and no real way to punish them.
I dunno, for this one I strafed, then if he did his shots of energy at me, fire surged under it which takes a ton of even boss health, so I put like 4 of those on the command tree. The rest is just parry, retaliate and heal

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
What did you think of the story? As we mentioned Terra is by far the weakest of the trio's

But not gonna lie, the way it all comes together to get to Lingering Will alone in the wasteland is awesome.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, for this one I strafed, then if he did his shots of energy at me, fire surged under it which takes a ton of even boss health, so I put like 4 of those on the command tree. The rest is just parry, retaliate and heal
I mean yeah, surges work cause they make you invincible. The main strategy for pretty much every boss in he game is to equip a deck full of thuder surges (the best one) and spam them. As far as parries go, they're too risky. Sometimes it staggers the boss, sometimes the boss just keeps attacking through it and you just eat shit.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
He is a dumbass, but it helped him be so damn angry his armor stayed behind to kick ass.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
exm2h4v138621.png

Terra is a lovable idiot though lol

Last edited:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I've been rewatching BBS cutscenes and man Leonard Nimoy is so good. Every Xehanort line is golden. RIP

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
His replacement in KH3 is just ok...

Nothing memorable compared to the absolute joy emanating from each of Nimoy's lines

I don't think I can quote anything from his KH3 actor
Yeah I can quote only one moment from then and of course rip to Rutger Hauer as well. I thought he did a decent job but there was no following Nimoy.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
His replacement in KH3 is just ok...

Nothing memorable compared to the absolute joy emanating from each of Nimoy's lines

I don't think I can quote anything from his KH3 actor
It's crazy because he's voiced by Rutger Hauer in KH3:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Who also unfortunately passed away late last year. It's nuts how much talent they've been able to cast for Ansem / Xehanort (Billy Zane, Christopher Lee, Leonard Nimoy, Rutger Hauer, Richard Epcar).

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Y'all really don't feel anything when Rutgernort says
I HAVE DONE IT...

Because that line is forever burned in my head lol

AND the cold, uncaring "if you survive that long" right as the Triple Nort fight starts too

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Y'all really don't feel anything when Rutgernort says
I HAVE DONE IT...

Because that line is forever burned in my head lol

AND the cold, uncaring "if you survive that long" right as the Triple Nort fight starts too
For me it's-
"COME KINGDOM HEARTS" and "You require motivation".

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Also, holy shit, Rutger Hauer voices in KH3? That's awesome.

One of the things that's drawn and kept me in is the amazing quality of VA for the most part. Freaking Christopher Lee in the original was amazing

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
OP remember to grab a guide and quickly get the 4 or so Reports and all the hidden stickers after you beat each save. It's really quick and easy.

That way you will swiftly transition from Aqua to the Final Episode instead of having all the plot momentum freeze because you gotta go find stickers

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Must be becoming a huge fanboy of the series because I pretty much mark out every time King Mickey shows up. Teaming up with him just now as Ventus ruled

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Must be becoming a huge fanboy of the series because I pretty much mark out every time King Mickey shows up. Teaming up with him just now as Ventus ruled

I think it says something to their handling of him that he shows up more and more frequently as the series goes on but never manages to lose that luster despite having hours of screentime in some games lol

Hell, my favorite Mickey moment is in the KH3 endgame

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Yeah, KH really has a star studded cast. Did you notice that Eraqus is voiced by Mark Hamill?

Yup! the man himself. So great.

I think it says something to their handling of him that he shows up more and more frequently as the series goes on but never manages to lose that luster despite having hours of screentime in some games lol

Hell, my favorite Mickey moment is in the KH3 endgame

Yeah so far he's shown up just enough for it to always be awesome. I really enjoyed the few times on KH critical boss fights where when you die he shows up to help. Also dug his design in the black hooded organization XIII style jacket

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't know Rutger voiced Xehanort lol.

I actually met him a few years ago, he didn't live too far from here and saw him at a store. I do think Nimoy was a better Xehanort though.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Radiant Garden in Birth by Sleep is full of really neat call forwards to the rest of the series, and it's great.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
I'm excited for you long time fans that the KH3 DLC is dropping. I wish I was there with y'all!

I'm progressing pretty quickly through Ventus' side of things in BBS.I'm taking some time to abuse mini on the big enemies in Wonder Land so that I can level up a bit. Was feeling underleveled for sure.