• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Excuse me

Oct 30, 2017
I still perfer Mad Max 2 over it but it's dam good movie. Only thing that I didn't like was Nux's story. That part felt like any other redemption story and movie would have been better without it.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Am i wrong in thinking this movie will ne be replicated again, Like i literally think no one else could of made this movie besides George?

not Cameron, not Mctiernan in his prime or any other great action directors or directors in general

a lightning in a bottle within a bottle

Bubukill

Oct 25, 2017
Panama
I cannot believe my best friend says the movie was a letdown, and that it was not up to the originals.

Best cinematic experience ever alongside Blade Runner 2049.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Can we put George Miller in the action pantheon alongside Cameron, Mctiernan etc. etc.?

Road Warrior and Fury Road should already cement this

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
I saw this in the theater, but my brother in law and nephew wanted to come along. So we waited until we got to the theater to buy tickets. We were early, but it didn't matter. There were three seats left. Two front row left and one front row right. I took the front row right, so not only was I in the front row I was at the edge of the screen. The seats reclined, but it was still uncomfortable. Five minutes into the movie and it didn't matter, I was completely engrossed.

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
but where did George go wrong with Mad Max 1 and Thunderdome, they seem to not get the same praise that RW and FR get?

He didn't "go wrong"with MM1. 90% of the people who've seen Fury Road probably haven't seen MM1. It's a low budget thriller that only becomes what the series is known for in the last 5 minutes.

Thunderdome simply loses its way for too significant a chunk of its running time to be great, but otherwise Miller's chops as an action director and world builder are still on screen.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You know, in this era of hot, controversial takes where opinion is divided on everything, I'm so, so happy that we can have Fury Road, a movie that pretty much everyone adores and respects.
I wish this were true.

Sadly, as usual we have the alt-right shitheads calling the movie anti-men.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
I missed it in the cinema and saw it for the first time a year ago. It exceeded all expectations. I rewatched it a couple of weeks ago and I could've easily chucked it back on again the following day. That just doesn't happen for me with films, at least not since I was a kid.

Without a doubt one of my favourite films, and quite possibly at the top of the table for action in particular.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Now that I think about it we probably won't ever get the wasteland. Miller is doing that epic romance fantasy film with Idris Elba and Tilda Swinton next, plus the whole lawsuit thing. Maybe it's good to end the series with the masterpiece that is Fury Road

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
This thread reminded me I need to buy the Blu-Ray so I can watch the Black & Chrome version.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I know it's traditionally said that Furiosa is the true hero of the movie, but watching it again, idk I always feel like Max "does more" like he contributes a lot more in combat and was more cruicial to the groups survival at various moments. The ending fight was pretty much mostly Max too