• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jul 26, 2018
Wow, I've heard for years that this game is great, almost a decade in fact, but man, I wasn't expecting this much quality from a game that relatively came and went with a few diehards singing its praises now and then. The game is pure stealth bliss, it is quite greatly scratching my Splinter Cell, Metal Gear and Arkham itches all at once. It's so good in fact that... If it keeps this up... Or dare I say improve... It... Will...

Be my 2nd favorite indie after Hollow KNIGHT aka THE GOAT(

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
I always wanted to play it but it seemed like it was never on sale during steam sales. Haven't checked recently.

Oct 25, 2017
I erased my save and got 100% on it again some months ago and in the process got the high score in all stages my friends dared to top me. Fucking masterpiece.
Need to do another hard (and possibly no reload?) run though.

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Pretty sure everyone already talks about it all the time as one of the best games ever. It's really that good.

Phokal

Oct 25, 2017
WI
And it's remastered. Perfect excuse for more trophies. It is up there with Arkham asylum for aesthetic and feel and amazing design.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
How's the Switch port? I remember people saying it had some issues, but I don't remember the details, nor do I know if they ever got fixed.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, it's as perfect a game as I've ever played.

I urge any stealth fan to check it out.

Deraldin

Oct 25, 2017
Mark of the Ninja was one of two games that I have ever grabbed 100% achievements (at least before the DLC). Stealth suit is best suit. Just run past everyone without being seen or heard!

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
nah, game was huge before the mid 2010s "indie diaspora", or at least as popular as a game of that type could be

it's kind of like talking about hotline miami in 2019, there's not much more to say

Last edited:

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
Haven't quite finished it yet but yeah this game is amazing. Update added a little polish to it. Really amazing title.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Yep, I finally played it earlier this year and maaaaaan, that's pure gameplay perfection. A bit similair to the possibilities you have in Dishonored, but I think it can be pushed to perfection easier in 2D. Perfection is exactly what Mark of the Ninja is.

Also, if you had bought Mark of the Ninja on Xbox One, there's a free upgrade to the remaster, IIRC.

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
Thought about buying this game, but I've never completed an indie game except Hollow Knight. Might give this a try.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
I played through it for the first time a couple of months ago and really enjoyed it.

Wouldn't put it up there among the 'greats' though, a lot of the levels felt very similar.