• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
DorkLord54

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
I work with someone who casually mentioned that he was in an early episode of Peep Show. I thought he was bullshitting, but there's a scene where they're talking in front of the TV, and he is on the TV as a reporter. His dialogue isn't audible but he's there. I was impressed.
When your friend says his uncle works at Nintendo and it turns out he actually does.

iswasdoes

Nov 13, 2017
Londinium
Ah this thread reminds me when i got my first flat with my gf without roommates and I watched every season back to back while playing halo reach multiplayer

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
After seeing the whole thing dozens of times, I'm now re-viewing on Japanese Netflix and the translator forgot to add humour to their subtitles. I forget the exact words but "Tight fisted cock muncher" became something like "I don't like you". Try harder mr translator.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
"I'm definitely going to agree to this. I just need to put up an acceptable level of objection 'so I can be all reproachful if it proves to be a disaster, which it almost certainly will."

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
Red next to black, jump the fuck back. Red next to yella, cuddly fella.

BE2oif5CMAAEvuH.png:large
But... The red *is* next to black?

Nov 18, 2017
The show is great OP and you have some awesome episodes to come - it remains strong after the dog bit - I think that scene is overrated. The wedding episode is the peak, but 5 & 6 are great too: the one with the pregnancy and Jez dating the neighbours is solid gold. The one where they got locked in someone else' flat is great too.

It mostly maintains quality throughout, but it has some rushed final episodes, I hated how they handled Dobby, and the last couple of series lose it, culminating in a meh final ep.

OP
OP
DorkLord54

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Finally started S2 after a decent hiatus, and I just gotta say that I've known plenty of people like Daryl, to the point that I know talking about WWII and HoI4 with some people will get a different conversation than what I wanted.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I loved this show when I watched it years ago, but I don't think I ever watched the final couple of seasons. Didn't realize it was on Hulu. I may have to watch it from beginning to end.

TERFing would be terrible but it seems more like Webb is calling out Mermaids (a trans charity who has gotten grants from the British government and prepared educational materials for its school teachers) for making spurious scientific claims and, Webb feels, fast-tracking children who don't want to conform to traditional gender roles into the heavy interventions of medication and surgery. Mermaids got in trouble for this and now the College of GPs and Tavistock (the NHS gender service) are distancing themselves from them, GIDS (the NHS' "Gender Identity Service") dropped Mermaids from their recommended resources, and the Big Lottery Fund is reconsidering its grant.

Webb is basing his concern off the work of journalist Janice Turner, who could well be wrong. I don't know what she found in Mermaids' materials that was so objectionable/false. But if she is refuted I imagine he'd take a different stance, as he holds no truck for traditional notions of "manliness" and gender roles, as someone who is in fact currently on tour for a book he wrote about how much those ideas suck and had a terrible impact on him, and how all masculinity is toxic, called How Not to Be a Boy. Here is is talking about it:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2521747174717088

Thanks for this.