• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
I just finished the first series of Peep Show on Hulu, and I must say that I was not prepared.

I had heard the show was hugely focused on cringe, and - as an avid viewer of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - I thought that I had a decent idea of what was in store. That was immediately shattered by the first episode, from Mark accidentally putting his hand under Sophia's ass on the bus the entirety of Toni's birthday party, just constant awkward scenario after awkward scenario. There are legitimately points where I had to close my eyes and pause the episode because of how embarrassing things were getting in-universe.

I still don't think I've gotten used to the PoV camera angles yet, but if the rest of the show is anything like S1, I'm definitely going to stick with it all the way through, especially if I get to see more of the suave incarnate that is Alan Johnson.

Oct 27, 2017
One of my all time favourite shows and it just keeps going off the rails with uncomfortable situations. Wait until you get to the "dog" scene. I was weeping with laughter.

Guerrilla

Oct 28, 2017
One of the few shows that largely kept it's quality all the way through. I still think about moroccan pasta from time to time and have a chuckle.

I so hope they'll do another season some day...

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
'Tea for the beast master?'

It's an outstanding show, and took a heck of a lot of work to film and make.

Ploppee

Nov 28, 2018
You'll be cooking Moroccan style in no time. One of the most consistent comedy series I've ever watched.

On cringe levels it makes Always Sunny look like a nice chill comedy at its peak.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
It gets so much better but once you get to the episode with the canal boat and the sisters just stop. The show takes a very dramatic fall from that season it's just not worth pursuing.

One of my all time favourite shows and it just keeps going off the rails with uncomfortable situations. Wait until you get to the "dog" scene. I was weeping with laughter.

Yeah this is the part.

AwareSnake

Oct 27, 2017
The show takes a very dramatic fall from that season it's just not worth pursuing.
YvDoPsamr5dF.gif

Rangerx

Oct 25, 2017
Dangleberry
Its genius up until season 5. A brilliant comedic study of male insecurity. I thought it dropped off hard after that though, with the final season being truly awful.

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
You will not be informed of the meaning of Project Zeus until the time is right for you to know the meaning of Project Zeus.

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
Man, season one has nothing on the rest of the show.

I've watched it through about 4 times in the first three years. I find it infinitely rewatchable and it's great background noise when working. Such a brilliant show.

SuperHans

Oct 27, 2017
The twins. The fucking twins! I'm always going on about me twins, aren't I? How old are they? What's 'fĂĽnf' in English? They turned fĂĽnf zwei years ago, so, what, pair of 8-ers, I reckon? Bloody love them two.

Crispy75

Oct 25, 2017
The characters get Flanderised pretty rapidly after the first 2 or 3 seasons. Those early ones are absolute gold though.

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
"Could go for a freebie on the skull..."

"Ah, fuck! It's the curse of Atlantis!"

The way Mark cuts his hand and blurts out that line slays me every time.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I tried watching this loads of times, but all the characters were really repellant. I think the comedy is supposed to be the awfulness, but my feeling was always that these are all horrible people so I don't care about any of them.

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
I think the "Then I go and spoil it all by saying something stupid like.... I like you" voicemail is the most cringey moment of any TV show ever.

Great show. S1-4 are great, the rest is still good (S8 not great, but not unwatchable).

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I kinda wished they'd committed to this ending
having Mark kill Jez in the final episode
lmao

I tried watching this loads of times, but all the characters were really repellant. I think the comedy is supposed to be the awfulness, but my feeling was always that these are all horrible people so I don't care about any of them.

Yeah they're not supposed to be that likeable but the show does mine a lot of empathy from how relatable their pathetic situations are.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just finished the first series of Peep Show on Hulu, and I must say that I was not prepared.

I had heard the show was hugely focused on cringe, and - as an avid viewer of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - I thought that I had a decent idea of what was in store. That was immediately shattered by the first episode, from Mark accidentally putting his hand under Sophia's ass on the bus the entirety of Toni's birthday party, just constant awkward scenario after awkward scenario. There are legitimately points where I had to close my eyes and pause the episode because of how embarrassing things were getting in-universe.

I still don't think I've gotten used to the PoV camera angles yet, but if the rest of the show is anything like S1, I'm definitely going to stick with it all the way through, especially if I get to see more of the suave incarnate that is Alan Johnson.

You're in for a long ride OP, it's one of my favourite shows. The cringe gets much worse!

Orso

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah there is a lot of new energy in this thread tonight and some of it is just so Rainbow Rhythms
You'll be cooking Moroccan style in no time. One of the most consistent comedy series I've ever watched.

And some of it is just so not Rainbow Rhythms.
It gets so much better but once you get to the episode with the canal boat and the sisters just stop. The show takes a very dramatic fall from that season it's just not worth pursuing.

Thanks