• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Doorakz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Borrowing Puyo Puyo from the local library to see if it's worth buying for local multiplayer with the wife. Playing it as I type this out.

I bought Tetris Effect while on Christmas break for $20 and absolutely enjoyed my time with it. Reminded me of playing Tetris on the NES when I was a kid, nostalgia is a curious thing. The music, backgrounds and effects are top notch, I'd recommend that game to anyone. The one feature that game severely lacks... local multiplayer. I read an interview, which the developer states he will never implement multiplayer into the game. In his view, Tetris Effect is supposed to be a relaxing journey.

Getting to the LTTP: Puyo Puyo Tetris topic, I'm looking for a local multiplayer Tetris game where my wife and I can play endless marathon mode side by side. Seems like every Tetris game I try out only has local versus modes and I'd rather not piss off the wife but winning 100% of the time (she knows when I let her win). She doesn't game much, mostly Mario games and Tetris.

Is there a option I can select in Puyo Puyo Tetris to do this? Or is there another game I should buy to try this?

Before you recommend it, we tried Tetris Ultimate... she's rather play Tetris Effect on journey mode passing the controller than that game. Thanks for the help!