• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Remember Me was DONTNOD's (Life is Strange, Vampyr) first game, releasing at the tail end of last gen in summer 2013. The game is a 3rd person adventure, taking place in Paris in 2084. It has a distinct cyberpunk theme and a beautiful art direction.

I've had my copy for a while but only got around to starting recently. I'm about halfway through my first playthrough, and so far I'm surprised I didn't play it sooner. Aesthetically, it's a magnificent game. Graphics hold up nicely against current gen game. Gameplay wise, it's average to very good so far. The combat can be frustrating, but I've not encountered anything terrible yet. The story isn't doing anything for me yet, and I don't expect it to. But that may still change later.

I'm glad I gave it a play. Somehow it feels like a fresh experience and is quite impressive for a first project for the studio.

5k-remember-me-kw.jpg

Has anyone played it recently? I feel the game got shafted because it was released late last gen without much marketing, causing it to slip past a lot of people's radars. Sort of like Splinter Cell Blacklist.

Oct 26, 2017
I liked it. It had some really cool ideas and amazing art direction. I never finished it but it was cool enough.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
Remember Me was a game I played a few years ago and really enjoyed. I wasn't totally into the gameplay, but the game did enough for me to enjoy it. I really like the world, and I'd definitely buy a more polished sequel.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
It's my favourite Dontnod game. LiS is a very close second but I have a soft spot for Remember Me.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay and story were mediocre and forgettable, but damn, I would be lying if I didn't like the setting nor the concept art.
Game had potential for sure.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I've considered trying it a few times over the last few years but reviews always just about put me off

The OST is great though, I listen to a few tracks from the game on YT from time to time

Last edited:

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It had so much going for it, but the combat killed it. No matter how you customized your move set (Which was the selling point of the game) it was always sluggish and took forever to take down any enemies.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Very nice game. Has sold 1.2 million copies to date, I believe, which isn't great but falls into "could be worse" territory. Game had the misfortune to be released as the hate train against linearity was picking up steam. It'd be nice if Capcom/MS could release the game on XBO BC with enhancements, or if Capcom could simply port the game to modern platforms.

I love its soundtrack. Olivier Deriviere has to be one of the most underrated videogame composers working today.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Still one of my favorite art direction in a video game. The artbook is a must have. Kinda wish the game had stay as an A-RPG with SONY. The early footage was dope.

Old Luke

Jul 20, 2018
I think I've played a few years ago on Steam and I felt something similar when playing Mass Effect 1 and Assassins Creed 1. A game full of potential, but still a rough diamond that would evolve a lot on later sequels. It's sad that we didn't have a Remember Me 2, but at least Dontnod gave us Life is Strange - which is one of my favorite games of all time.

edit: and yeah, like some people said here, the art direction of this game is gorgeous.

Alethiometer

alt account
Banned
May 29, 2018
I wanted to like it so much, but the combat is just sleep-inducing. Couldn't even finish it.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I still listen to the soundtrack, and the concept art is always displayed on wallpaper sites.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I played it a couple of years ago and I really liked some of the new ideas it brought to the table like the memory remixing.

jmood88

Oct 28, 2017
Very nice game. Has sold 1.2 million copies to date, I believe, which isn't great but falls into "could be worse" territory. Game had the misfortune to be released as the hate train against linearity was picking up steam. It'd be nice if Capcom/MS could release the game on XBO BC with enhancements, or if Capcom could simply port the game to modern platforms.

I love its soundtrack. Olivier Deriviere has to be one of the most underrated videogame composers working today.
He is, and also has the worst luck in the world because everything he works on ends up barely being played by anyone. I've loved his music since I heard the soundtrack for the Alone in the Dark remake (that I never actually played).

I loved this game, though, and while it's a shame that DONTNOD hasn't worked on anything of the same scope since, I am glad that they've been able to have success.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It would be cool if they bring it to PS4. Price it at $15 or $20. I can't remember if it's on PS Now.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
I love this game. Its art design is one of the most impressive ones i have seen.

Remember Me

Apr 3, 2018
Spain
Hey, I remember it ;(

Not great combat and bad platforming, but I liked the story, the characters and love the soundtrack, the art, its graphics and remixing the memories.

I played it (because it was a PS Plus game and I just wanted to play something) with very low expections and what a surprise. I, for sure, liked it much more than the average, I don't know actually why but I loved it, it touched me in some way.

For sure, muy favourite Dontnod game.

correojon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I enjoyed the game, but I felt like a lot of stuff was not fully realized: it had a lot of cool ideas, specially rewriting memories and the customizable combat system, but something was missing...I think that the game did great in introducing those mechanics and a sequel building on them could be truly awesome.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I recently played it and I could forgive the boring last gen-y gameplay and the mediocre story if the game at least allowed me to roam about properly in the world it created. I'm not talking open world, or even a hub design like Deus Ex (though that's have been fantastic). But at least provide me with some room to go around rather than a totally linear path where I can't stray from it at all despite having so many cool things around that I want to go and visit.

The game looks amazing visually because it was one of the first titles to use PBR, and it has a cool setting.

Soulcap

Jan 16, 2018
I remember it (haha) because it's a game I've always wanted to play. The trailers and everything seemed so interesting but the reviews kept me from ever trying it. Maybe if it becomes backwards compatible on Xbox.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
It was just a mediocre game except for some bits here and there.

Like, the memory remixes should have been a BIGGER part of the experience than they ended up being in the final game.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Just bought it recently on steam in a GMG sale, only briefly tried on PS3, need to give it another shot since I'm all into Cyberpunk these days

PIMPBYBLUD

Oct 27, 2017
This game had an awesome story and outstanding soundtrack but the game mechanics were repetitive and boring.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I played through it a couple times. I actually think it's one of the more memorable games of last gen. I just wish it didn't have auto-platforming. That was a missed opportunity for some intense jumping sections.

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
Remember Me was pretty miserable to play, the combat was just...blugh.

But man, those scenes where you dive into people's memories? So good. The game should have just been more of that. Nilin sneaking around, mindjacking people where necessary and gleaning the information she needs while changing their preception of how things actually are.

The Story in remember me is really neat.

Deleted member 38397

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 15, 2018
I've just started my third playthrough. Still excellent as always. I've been able to play in 4K60 (way above the 720p30 on PS3 but thanks to Sony for including this in PS Plus or else I would never have played it).

But interesting fact now time has progressed - Nilin is played by the same woman who played Amanda Ripley in Alien Isolation. Bizarre but true as they sound nothing alike to me!

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
It's one of those mid range 6/10 or 7/10 that a lot of people overlooked but totally playable and enjoyable. Combat could use some work. I remember I kept going to the same bread n butter combos. The game really doesn't challenge you to go above and beyond than learning the basics.

Pretty sure this was a PS Plus free game and that's how I played it.

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
it's a rough diamond.

The combat is just generic and boring.

The memory remixing was a great concept and was retooled into the time warping element in LiS... very cool.

The story is great...

The music, art direction, world building is top notch stuff... On PC this is probably the best looking DX9 game ever.

sith ewok

Oct 31, 2017
I loved this game so much. It is honestly one of the very few games that I have played through more than once. The art direction, moody atmosphere, fantastic soundtrack...