• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yes really.

You can play Vanquish like a basic cover shooter but that would be completely missing the point of what makes the game special.

Who gives a shit about rank? It's about having all these cool mechanics at your disposal and feeling like a badass. I wouldn't love DMC or Bayonetta any less if they didn't have ranking systems.

It's like that guy in the DMC5 thread who thought he was special because he spammed a basic combo to get through DMC1-4.

To be fair I haven't really delved into Vanquish, but I do say "not in the slightest" to DMC, Bayo and God Hand. What disingenuous nonsense.

The rank and difficulty in those games encourages you to play with the depth on offer. If you didn't give a shit about rank, you would spam the one combo on a low difficulty and likely spam health items and yellow orbs. The games punish you for playing like shit. Resident Evil 6 does not. It has very poor campaign design.

I'll go a step further and say the shooting is bad in RE6, so RE6 only offers something as a melee game. And as a melee game, there's far better shit out there, like DMC, Bayo, and God Hand, for instance. More like a zombie musou featuring guns and the same canned execution animation for an enemy 30+ times per Mercs run. Pure gaming bliss.

Last edited:

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed but I think the developer should at least try to encourage you to utilize the mechanics by putting in enemies and bosses that requires players to use as much mechanics as possible.

Also, ''BadWolf'' huh.....you like my big brother or something?

That is true yes but at the same time the devs don't force you into playing in a specific way and leave it open for you to tackle the game how you want.

Another great example of this is MGSV. The number of ways in which you can approach situations is ridiculous but at the same time they don't force you into any specific play style. It's up to you if you play like a chicken or a Big Boss.

If all you care about is spamming basic attacks like my friend below then these games aren't really for you.

And yeah, what up bro :p

To be fair I haven't really delved into Vanquish, but I do say "not in the slightest" to DMC, Bayo and God Hand. What disingenuous nonsense.

The rank and difficulty in those games encourages you to play with the depth on offer. If you didn't give a shit about rank, you would spam the one combo on a low difficulty and likely spam health items and yellow orbs. The game punishes you for playing like shit. Resident Evil 6 does not. It has very poor campaign design.

If you need a carrot like rank to enjoy a deep game then that's really your problem.

I wouldn't ignore Dante's awesome arsenal of moves and styles in DMC3 if the game had no ranks.

dlauv

Oct 27, 2017
If you need a carrot like rank to enjoy a deep game then that's really your problem.

I wouldn't ignore Dante's awesome arsenal of moves and styles in DMC3 if the game had no ranks.

You're not really addressing the argument. DMC3 encourages you to play better because of the way the game is designed. Playing better includes moving better and utilizing your skills to manage enemies better so you don't get punished. RE6 doesn't really have this going on too much in the campaign. The style meter is another layer to that, but forget that right now. The point is RE6 is not a deep game by any stretch of the imagination.

Likewise: DMC2 has ~8 different, unique Dante combos on the ground. Did you know that? It has ~4 different shotgun combos! The devil trigger gives you access to even more ground combos! You can run on walls! But there's really no point at all because it's a poorly designed game. The game doesn't encourage you to do any of it. Doing those combos and running on walls by choice doesn't change that. For me at least.

And yeah, aiming for a higher rank does push a player to up their gameplay in the character action genre for a lot of people. SSS rank runs are extremely impressive to watch apart from the red orb requirement.

Last edited:

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're not really addressing the argument. DMC3 encourages you to play better because of the way the game is designed. Playing better includes moving better and utilizing your skills to manage enemies better so you don't get punished. RE6 doesn't really have this going on too much in the campaign.

You're missing the point.

It's not about forcing you to use the mechanics but putting them at your disposal to play in ways that other games simply don't let you. The depth is there, ignoring it is your fault. The mechanics don't become useless or disappear just because they aren't forced down your throat.

RE6, Vanquish and MGSV are on a completely different level compared to other TPS when it comes to depth.

MGSV does not force you to play in a specific way. It puts an insane amount of moves and tools at your disposal but does not force you to use them. You can even get S ranks without much trouble by utilizing a very basic play style. If anyone thinks that this means that MGSV is not deep then they are delusional.

dlauv

Oct 27, 2017

It's not about forcing you to use the mechanics but putting them at your disposal to play in ways that other games simply don't let you. The depth is there, ignoring it is your fault. The mechanics don't become useless or disappear just because they aren't forced down your throat.

RE6, Vanquish and MGSV are on a completely different level compared to other TPS when it comes to depth.

MGSV does not force you to play in a specific way. It puts an insane amount of moves and tools at your disposal but does not force you to use them. You can even get S ranks without much trouble by utilizing a very basic play style. If anyone thinks that this means that MGSV is not deep then they are delusional.

I'm not ignoring it. I'm saying it doesn't make the encounter design/level design/enemy design any better. The game is easy enough on the highest difficulty. The game does not at all encourage you to flip around like an idiot, pretending the game is more interesting than it is. Check out these gifs, guys. Imagine how good the game would be if the mechanics had any practical use in campaigns. It could be really cool. But it isn't.

Games that are deep are often robust, but not all robust games are deep games. MGSV actively rewards the player to use all of the mechanics due to risk/reward when it comes to stealth. RE6 does not, because all it does is make an easy, uninteresting game even more of a cakewalk. The only time RE6's mechanics are encouraged is during Mercs No Mercy, but I have problems with that mode too. It's extremely easy to reach the highest rank and it takes 3-5 minutes to heat up.

Last edited:

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not ignoring it. I'm saying it doesn't make the encounter design/level design/enemy design any better. The game is easy enough on the highest difficulty. The game does not at all encourage you to flip around like an idiot, pretending the game is more interesting than it is. Check out these gifs, guys. Imagine how good the game would be if the mechanics had any practical use in campaigns. It could be really cool. But it isn't.

Oh, so I guess DMC4's combat system isn't one of the deepest ever made since its campaign is complete garbage and doesn't force you to use even 10% of its depth to finish the game even on the hardest difficulty.

Don't confuse mechanical depth with level design.

MGSV actively rewards the player to use all of the mechanics. RE6 does not.

MGSV does not do that. Like I said, you can easily get S ranks by doing super basic things. And going by your logic, that means those basic things are all you need to use and there is no other depth.

Using (or ignoring) MGSV's mechanics is completely up to the player.

dlauv

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, so I guess DMC4's combat system isn't one of the deepest ever made since its campaign is complete garbage and doesn't force you to use even 10% of its depth to finish the game even on the hardest difficulty.

Don't confuse mechanical depth with level design.

I'm not. Dante Must Die was that easy for you, huh, much less S-ranking it? The level design isn't great on its own but level design is what it is because it works in tandem with enemy and encounter design, which are mostly very good in DMC4 and facilitate better gameplay from the player. All are much better than RE6's. Muuuuch better. DMC4 doesn't have much depth out of the gate though (albeit deeper than RE6 at RE6's highest level). You have to unlock a bunch of moves, including jump canceling.

MGSV does not do that. Like I said, you can easily get S ranks by doing super basic things. And going by your logic, that means those basic things are all you need to use and there is no other depth.

Using (or ignoring) MGSV's mechanics is completely up to the player.

You get swamped with enemies and get less rewards for shooting up a place. I don't know what you're talking about.

Last edited:

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Its that sort of gane that if it didn't have a legacy title attached to it, the community would give it universal praise for being something fresh despite its flaws. But alas, legacy titles are always followed by impossible standards. And fuck standards, I still love this game. RE 6 and Revelations back 2 back was the most fun I have had with TPS' for a long time.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not. Dante Must Die was that easy for you, huh, much less S-ranking it? The level design isn't great on its own but level design is what it is because it works in tandem with enemy and encounter design, which are mostly very good in DMC4 and facilitate better gameplay from the player. All are much better than RE6's. Muuuuch better. DMC4 doesn't have much depth out of the gate though (albeit deeper than RE6 at RE6's highest level). You have to unlock a bunch of moves, including jump canceling.

You are just looping back with the same rank shtick while ignoring what actual depth of mechanics brings.

And DMC4's campaign and level design are garbage, don't even try to defend something that makes you literally backtrack all the way back for the second half of the game while fighting the same enemies and bosses over again (that were not design for Dante). You fight the same bosses three freaking times.

The fact that you even have to bring unlocking skills into a conversation about depth is mind boggling.

You get swamped with enemies and get less rewards for shooting up a place. I don't know what you're talking about.

Um... yeah? That's what happens if you go in gun blazing. There is more direct contact.

It's still very much viable to play that way if you prefer it.

Deleted member 671

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Say what you will about the level design, there's nothing else that plays like it.

mkU5Y6V.gif

QD400mq.gif

CMdXpjv.gif

tumblr_olhamruvhZ1w1nb8jo5_r1_400.gif

sCr3A9k.gif

tumblr_olfw1zAIWN1w1nb8jo7_400.gif

tumblr_olhamruvhZ1w1nb8jo10_400.gif

rPCaUi1.gif

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I do understand where people are coming from regarding RE6's design. The thing about RE6 is that because you have an AI companion who can heal you over and over and over when you get incapacitated, the game has an extremely weird difficulty curve. You can blunder your way through RE6 through sheer attrition even on the harder difficulties. But knowing how to play the game is the difference between an encounter lasting 30 minutes and an encounter lasting 5 minutes. At the same time, the difficulty curve means that the game's... less great sections can be pressed through.

This is why the Ada Wong campaign is such a shock for some players. You have no AI companion, and you're fighting new enemy types. It's a massive difficulty spike with your old fallbacks removed.

One of the great problems with game design is that many players will play a game in a weird, not-fun way if the game allows them to.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I finally started this for the first time ever last night. Initial impressions were not good at all.

I loved RE4 and 5, but I'm not big into games like Vanquish so I'm not confident I'll enjoy it. I haven't reached the point of the game where it isn't just an absurd string of QTEs yet either. The invisible walls, the 'press left stick to move, but fuck it, we're going to walk you on rails no matter which way you push it' crap from the intro was offensively bad. You shouldn't have to play that much of a game in order to get to the bit where you can actually, well, play. I'll give it some more time (I think I just reached the part of Leon's campaign that was the demo, but it's been many years since I played it), and get to the meat of things, but as cool as the above gifs are... it's not what I want from Resident Evil.

Maybe I'll still get into it because I like a lot of the characters already, but I think RE7 and RE2make will remain much more my jam.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, eh, people are saying this stuff about the great mechanics, I still don't know how they work, I only played the intro so far and yes it seems actually really bad, with weird camera angles, locked of areas everywhere and like no depth to anything, the weapon switching / item usage is just confusing...

I checked out a 'guide' which tells you what things you can do very detailed, what the guide didn't say is which buttons do what - so the mechanics might not exist for me currently - I tried to do kicks with R2 button, but it does barely any damage.

I think Leon hurt his neck though the way he has his head slanted all the time. Poor Leon, herbs didn't help.

Seriously which buttons do what?

Shortcuts? Where?

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
Considering how I felt about RE6 (as someone who finished all 3 main campaigns), I don't really know that you're doing Platinum any favours with that comparison. RE6 was....very poor in my opinion.

There are folks who really enjoy RE6, I wish I could see it but I just...can't.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
People who hate RE6 clearly have not been with the series from the beginning.
What? I've played literally every game except 7 since the original and I don't like RE6. People you know, just have different opinions to you, don't make baseless irrelevent assumptions just because you disagree. I really hate comments like this or the "You don't like it because you don't understand it like I do" bullshit.

OP
OP
matrix-cat

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished Chapter 3 of Chris' campaign, a level that stretched on so hilariously long that I was getting flashbacks to that one Operation in The Wonderful 101 that seems to last longer than the entire game that contains it, and this game is still amazing. I remember the fallout this game caused back at release, but I never followed any of the trailers, so I had no idea we were straight up doing Punished 'Steroid' Chris Redfield here! Resident Evil's canonical strongest, sweatiest and most polite boy scout is on the warpath, using naughty language and not even minding his manners, on the trail of Ada 'That Bitch' Wong (or, y'know, what I'm assuming is an evil Ada clone).

We join our ol' pal Chris drinking away his sorrows in Eastern Europistan to get a taste of his new "Not your grampappy's Chris Redfield" attitude, then flashback to the ill-fated operation six months earlier where Chris lost a whole squad of men to this game's Umbrella's latest concoction. The flashback chapter starts with a scene where Chris gives his men such a wonderfully pure and earnest pre-battle pep talk that I honestly wondered if he was going to start telling them the true meaning of friendship, but we soon see what robs our beautiful boy of his innocence, and I'm actually really enjoying this story. Roger Craig Smith is absolutely killing it, and it's such a shock to the system to see our favourite musclebound cherub so raw and emotional that I'm genuinely getting a little anxious. I just want Chris to be happy again, y'know? What did he do to deserve this?

I do feel that the increased focus on blazing away at armed enemies makes Chris' chapters feel a little more like a generic shooter, but I am still getting in as many slides and rolls as I can and having a lot of fun. There's so much ammo lying around the place that I'm trying to break my lifelong habit of conserving all the good stuff and never actually getting around to use it, and it's great to just pop a grenade here and there or dump an entire assault rifle magazine every now and then. It seems like they've programmed the game so that Chris will always do the RE5 Falcon Punch animation when you melee an enemy after hitting them with a Flash Grenade, and that's just good game design right there.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
You can play Vanquish like a basic cover shooter but that would be completely missing the point of what makes the game special.

You're not helping your case here, considering the most common criticism for Vanquish is that it never explains its mechanics well enough for players not to assume it's played like any other cover shooter.

To be fair that's a problem many P* games have. TW101 is an absolutely incredible game (one of my favorite games ever) that 80% of its players will never discover, even as they play it. I mean, you have to buy its dodge and parry moves, for fuck's sake. So I guess the thread title is appropriate in more ways than one...

Oct 25, 2017
RE6 hate has always been something I get but the level it goes to is something i have never understood. The game is a phenomenal action TPS, it's not survival horror at all but it's never pretended to be.

The game is just an absolute blast to play.

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia
And rather than spending time doing something you enjoy, you've taken time out of your day to complain about how insulting a game existing is. Let go of that anger, friend.
Never. And what gets me madder is that RE6 fans present themselves as some kind of illuminated group that saw through the brilliance of a clearly badly designed game.

Some even go as far as dragging the whole series down - "It was always like that!". No my friend, whatever unintentional cheese the series featured was never meant to turn up the madness up to 11 with Kung Fu zombies. And "It was always meant to be action" has been denied by the devs themselves multiple times.

So there is a bunch of RE6 fans that think they know /more/ about the series than older fans AND THE CREATORS THEMSELVES. And some even say delusional things like "It's just like 4 or better!"

Or my favorite, using the sales numbers to shut any arguments "But this co op shooter from a beloved series released at the tail end of the generation and then th next sold more than the single player first person pure horror game released mid generation so it's obviously better and the desirable direction for the series".

It's infuriating.

Last edited:

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Huh? What do you mean? Mercenaries was originally locked in RE6 until you completed all the campaigns, but that was removed when they patched the game with FOV sliders and QTE fixes and such.
Oh? I'm not seeing fov sliders, I'll have to look, I just downloaded the game on Steam yesterday and the mercenaries modes are locked. o.o

Maybe I need to update it, though that doesn't really make sense I think Steam automatically downloads the latest versions of games.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I did not enjoy my time with RE6, and sliding/rolling around zombies didn't make it better.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh? I'm not seeing fov sliders, I'll have to look, I just downloaded the game on Steam yesterday and the mercenaries modes are locked. o.o

Maybe I need to update it, though that doesn't really make sense I think Steam automatically downloads the latest versions of games.
The Steam version is automatically up to date. All I can recommend is starting a new game, playing a bit, and then quitting to the main menu or rebooting the game. I've never had a problem with Mercenaries failing to unlock.

Incidentally, you have to go back to the main menu in order to access stuff like the FOV sliders. Also make sure you turn on Auto Action Button.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Its the most fun 3rd person action game I've ever played. The controls in the game are perfect, and keep you engaged at all times.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of the great problems with game design is that many players will play a game in a weird, not-fun way if the game allows them to.

Which is their fault really.

If you see a large arsenal of moves and mechanics (and a game is known for being deep) then taking some time to learn, to research, comes with the territory. And it really doesn't long to find tutorials and videos which will teach you the basics in minutes.

You're not helping your case here, considering the most common criticism for Vanquish is that it never explains its mechanics well enough for players not to assume it's played like any other cover shooter.

To be fair that's a problem many P* games have. TW101 is an absolutely incredible game (one of my favorite games ever) that 80% of its players will never discover, even as they play it. I mean, you have to buy its dodge and parry moves, for fuck's sake. So I guess the thread title is appropriate in more ways than one...

That's a 'common criticism' of most deep games, especially ones from companies like Capcom and PG.

They are much, much deeper than your run of the mill shooters and action games. And when you have such depth at your disposal then you should be prepared to spend some time learning. Even knowing (or being told) the mechanics isn't enough, you have to put in time to practice.

DMC's combat is pretty much a single player version of a fighting game in many respects.

DyCy

Oct 25, 2017
Never. And what gets me madder is that RE6 fans present themselves as some kind of illuminated group that saw through the brilliance of a clearly badly designed game.

Some even go as far as dragging the whole series down - "It was always like that!". No my friend, whatever unintentional cheese the series featured was never meant to turn up the madness up to 11 with Kung Fu zombies. And "It was always meant to be action" has been denied by the devs themselves multiple times.

So there is a bunch of RE6 fans that think they know /more/ about the series than older fans AND THE CREATORS THEMSELVES. And some even say delusional things like "It's just like 4 or better!"

Or my favorite, using the sales numbers to shut any arguments "But this co op shooter from a beloved series released at the tail end of the generation and then th next sold more than the single player first person pure horror game released mid generation so it's obviously better and the desirable direction for the series".

It's infuriating.

Chill out dude. RE6 is great, Horror RE are great. The series is back to horror now, it's all good. All this anger is pointless.

I could understand the hate for the game back in the day when the series going even deeper into action was a possibility, but now it just feels like a case of "stop liking what I don't like" for the sake of it.

It's a shame more people didn't like 6, because they ended up making that 7 as an unfortunate reaction.

RE7 has a chainsaw and a boxing boss fight, it may have gone back to a more horrific atmosphere but the over the top dna was still there (somewhat) at least.

Last edited:

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia
I could understand the hate for the game back in the day when the series going even deeper into action was a possibility, but now it just feels like a case of "stop liking what I don't like" for the sake of it.
Look, RE7 got made because people wouldn't shut up online about how they wanted horror back.

If people start talking too much about wanting this circus back maybe Capcom will go back to it. And thanks but no thanks.

lowlifelenny

Oct 27, 2017
Absolute masterpiece. Always was, still is.

And now that we've got 'real' Resident Evil back again, I think critics are less eager to use RE6 as a banner of discontent and appreciate its strengths.

Firstly, the Japanese original of that scene hasn't got corny rock over the top of it, but something more spooky

Not true. It plays the vocal version of the same song with extra effects laid over the top which is even more campy and ridiculous-sounding than the Western version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwYu-LOXAWQ

I feel like the levels in this game don't fully support the movement / combat system. You can slide, roll and dive around but you're always on a linear path, usually in a tight corridor, so there's no way to properly utilise them. There's never enough enemies that you actually need to either, so most players never discovered them, and the game doesn't do a great job of telling you.

Using the traversal mechanics within confines is absolutely possible, and even necessary on higher difficulties, because enemies are faster, more aggressive, and far more damaging. And due to the lack of space, you'll find yourself needing to evade, quickly and accurately. Mercs is fun but the enemy AI is dialled way down- they basically just stand there and wait for you to counter them at your leisure to rack up scores. As such it's not really an ideal vehicle for the combat system.

All good advice.

I still remember when this game came out and had all the terrible reviews and first impressions, and the diehards who stayed and slowly unraveled it's mechanics that Capcom didn't actually tell anyone about. Then the slow build up to some people actually realizing what a fun game it could be and then the tide slowly turning from 'omg this is unplayable trash' from everywhere to having more of a middle ground with some people enjoying it.

It was a great time 'unlocking' the way to play this game, I just wish it didn't have to be that way and Capcom actually told people how to play it with proper tutorials and level design based around it. It's so frustrating watching people get hit over and over by leaping zombies and then write off the game knowing they could just dodge jump out of the way, shoot it out of the air with a quick shot, counter/parry it, etc etc.

One thing this game never got enough credit for it it's insane amount of enemy variety. There is no other shooter out there with as much enemy variety (that actually plays differently, not just in visuals) as RE6. The J'avo alone are such a crazy enemy, how any random soldier can turn into so many different types of monsters that all require a different playstyle to defeat. It's part of what made the bigger battles of the campaign and Mercs so exciting.

Agreed with everything.

I'll admit that I didn't initially like the demos, I hated the Uncharted-esque character movement and things like the dodges and quickshot etc just seemed superfluous and not at all useful. But I persevered and played both demos inside-out, to the point that I fully understood, appreciated, and loved the combat system before I actually got the finished game in my hands. That was essentially my tutorial. I don't know how I might have reacted to the full game and that overwhelming content without the benefit of understanding how to actually play it from the outset.

You can also fully recover your stamina by popping just one herb pill.

I've been playing the game at least monthly since 2012 and I didn't realise this.

We join our ol' pal Chris drinking away his sorrows

I say with complete sincerity that RE6 has the best story in the series.

starfox

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Portugal
Resident Evil: Arcade garbage.

They should Order 66 and erase it from existance, and just let people play it at arcades, if they like this type of filth so much.

I really hope Capdom never does it again.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tried to do kicks with R2 button, but it does barely any damage.

If you haven't learned how to use melee then you have no business going to mercenaries yet. Simply spamming melee is useless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkY8fcbfjqM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUjmW5GgU_c&t=3s

I've been playing the game at least monthly since 2012 and I didn't realise this.

That's what I love about games like this, you can learn cool new stuff even after playing for years.

Last edited:

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Hey I just finished a replay of this myself last night thanks to e3. Still got a lot of problems with the sp campaign though but there are a few ok parts. Have to write some of them down tonight when I'm not at work.

I'm glad you're having fun!
We join our ol' pal Chris drinking away his sorrows in Eastern Europistan to get a taste of his new "Not your grampappy's Chris Redfield" attitude, then flashback to the ill-fated operation six months earlier where Chris lost a whole squad of men to this game's Umbrella's latest concoction. The flashback chapter starts with a scene where Chris gives his men such a wonderfully pure and earnest pre-battle pep talk that I honestly wondered if he was going to start telling them the true meaning of friendship, but we soon see what robs our beautiful boy of his innocence, and I'm actually really enjoying this story. Roger Craig Smith is absolutely killing it, and it's such a shock to the system to see our favourite musclebound cherub so raw and emotional that I'm genuinely getting a little anxious. I just want Chris to be happy again, y'know? What did he do to deserve this?
I liked Chris well enough from RE1 and CV but I didn't really start liking Chris until 5 with Smith. Dude is an incredible VA (Ezio from AC) and sells even the hammy scenes with Chris.
Its that sort of gane that if it didn't have a legacy title attached to it, the community would give it universal praise for being something fresh despite its flaws. But alas, legacy titles are always followed by impossible standards.
Maybe the reviews would have been easier on the title but I doubt it, on a whole it's still a bad campaign.

DyCy

Oct 25, 2017
Look, RE7 got made because people wouldn't shut up online about how they wanted horror back.

If people start talking too much about wanting this circus back maybe Capcom will go back to it. And thanks but no thanks.

I'm sure RE6 fans would be completely ok if its gameplay were to come back via a spin off or its own ip (Dino Crisis capcom pls) while letting the main RE focus on horror. I know I would.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Everytime RE6 pops up on a forum or reddit, I cross my fingers to see someone post a gif I made when the PC version came out as I've lost the only copy I had (the site I uploaded it to dropped their image sharing part).

Mercs on the aircraft carrier (or cargo ship?) stage. Modded one of the characters to look like Jill from RE5, with the baseball cap and all that. Running towards a huge group of zombies, doing that tactical slide, dropping a remote explosive, 180-slide, detonate while sliding backwards.

I loved the game already on the 360, but the PC version was a whole other level. Still haven't found a third person shooter that comes anywhere near the satisfaction that you'd get when nailing badass combos in this game.