• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

juxjuxjux

Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Really looking forward to the DLC for this in December, especially now that VR is supported. I still have yet to play something as in-depth in VR since the base game and January. Top 3 GOTY, easily.

Deleted member 9327

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Finished it back in January on Xbox and liked it, but thought it wasn't quite there. Especially the last part of it.

Now I've a Pro and PS VR and will pick it up during the current Halloween sale. Seems like it's on a whole another level experiencing it in virtual reality :o

xmassteps

Oct 30, 2017
Have had this game for a few months but still only played the first hour or so. I'm too cowardly! Think I might try and push on with it whilst balancing Mario Odyssey just to keep my nerves in check.

WITHE1982

Oct 28, 2017
Probably the Resi I've enjoyed the most since RE4 (although RE5 in co-op is very, very good).

I'm currently about a third of the way through my first VR run and it's proving to be a little bit too much for me. I'm just taking it in short bursts between the sheer terror.

Despite not being the biggest fan of FP games I'd be happy with more of the same for the series.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I was very excited from the start especially considering how RE6 brought fatigue to me and a lot of players. I feel RE7 is a cornerstone in the same way RE2 was, it refreshed the series towards a good direction and managed to renew interest. Just comparing social media usage compared to RE6, you'd feel it brought a whole new community with it. While 6 was a coop game, RE7 was the real social game. Brought a lot of discussion with it, and the lead up to release was great.

As for the game itself it was as good as I wanted it to be, though it slowed down in the last 30 minutes, the majority of the game was pure delight. It's a horror game but it brought what I liked the most about games such as immersive sims like Deus Ex, being able to explore, to search every nook and cranny for items.

I also liked that it has movement, horror games are generally cut and dry but the Bakers threw it out of the window, they move around, they do things you don't expect them to do even if it's scripted. Baker dad driving the car makes you realize they WILL do things that are out of the usual set of systems that you are given as a player, and it changes everything. Generally you already know what to do against a boss in horror games, not in this game.

Great game, but it has room for improvement and if RE8 follows this formula (I hope), it will be a pure delight, we got a whole generation of coop, let this one be a generation of cool, zany and unpredictable horror.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I finally got back to my house after a long trip and played a little bit on my original computer (which is a far better hardware piece than the last one), and holy shit, this game looks so good:

x2vVa.jpg

XpsUk.jpg

DocSeuss

Oct 25, 2017
RE7 is the best game in the entire series, but it needed more variety to really shine.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Phenominal game, but man that last section of the game went a bit downhill.

Starts off very strong, the first 4 hours are so great.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Just picked this up in the sales, looking forward to this, any tips before I go in?

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Just picked this up in the sales, looking forward to this, any tips before I go in?

If you have already avoided spoilers there's not much i can say, you're basically good to go. But, if you have any difficulties don't ever forget to check every corner for supplies, always inspect key items/files and save most of which you can combine to create something. It's better to have options in the near future.

Also, i've seem some people trying to read files just by inspecting them (several times already), there will be a button (A for Xbox, X for PlayStation and i think it's either E or F on PC) for a better reading. Besides that, enjoy your experience! It's my GOTY so far, so i hope you'll like it too.

Last edited:

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lack of cutscene skipping feels like such a bizarre oversight that hurts replay value and hampers speed-running and experimentation. It would be a really nice feature for them to add in a future update.

lowlifelenny

Oct 27, 2017
It's a really damn good game, if slightly incomplete-feeling. It needs more location variety, more enemies, more characters- just more of everything in general, even if only a little. The Gold Edition will obviously add significant content to the overall experience, but the main game doesn't quite give me that 'full' feeling that other games in the series do.

I also can't believe they went for the
creepy little girl
cliché. And Ethan/Mia are bland as shit.

Still, great game.

RE7 not in VR is just okay

Incorrect. I haven't played RE7 in VR and don't intend to any time soon, but I've thoroughly enjoyed playing through the game on TV many times since release.

Loakum

Oct 27, 2017
I bought the collector's edition of Resident Evil 7 with the music house and season pass on launch day, but never got around to playing it. I hope to play it this December.

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
my vote for greatest 'guilty pleasure' of this generation. continue to enjoy it every replay. pure genius b-level trash! :) ...

sharpforprez

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Delightful experience to have with a friend who might not be super into games. A lot of collaborating on puzzles and what to do next.

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RE7's first 5 hours is the most enjoyment I've ever had in the series history. It would have conquered RE2 as my favorite of the series if it maintained that quality in the last section.

Ajax35

Alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fantastic game. I hope future installments follow down this type of path.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been wanting to play this so bad, but I've been waiting for VR to be released on the PC version. Has there been any word on when that will happen? My guess is January or whenever a potential Sony one year exclusivity thing runs out.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Playing this on PSVR with two friends is one of my best gaming experiences ever. I don't think I could ever play it again in VR but holy shit this was insane. I actually felt like I had PTSD the next day, I was so mentally frazzled.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Superb game. I was always scared to go into the basement of the house. The atmosphere is extremely unsettling, I was always tense playing the game, looking around every corner. Sometimes, my girlfriend had to sit next to me because it was the only way I would feel safe enough to go through the game.
It's a fantastic experience overall.

Oct 28, 2017
Great game indeed. The Baker family, particularly Jack and Lucas, are some of my favorite characters in the series. Its quality does take a bit of a dip toward the end and it has one of the worst
good end / bad end choices
I've ever seen in a game.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Great game that could have been fantastic had it had a proper middle part with more exploration, puzzles, and combat.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Lack of cutscene skipping feels like such a bizarre oversight that hurts replay value and hampers speed-running and experimentation. It would be a really nice feature for them to add in a future update.

The best speed running element is being able skip an entire sequence. When you duck under the fireplace in the bug house. Just keep your back turned to the chain link fence and you can continue on with the game without that cutscene.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Glad you're enjoying it, OP. Sure there are things I can critique, but overall I'm very happy with the direction they took for this game and hope they expand upon the formula for RE8. I adored the series 1-4, then they lost me, but they've won me back for sure.

I'm thinking about replaying to get ready for Not a Hero.

Random ranking of this gen's survival horror games: Alien: Isolation, Resident Evil VII, P.T., Zombi U (if that counts), Evil Within. Got EW2 from a black friday sale though I probably won't get around to it till next year some time.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
If you have already avoided spoilers there's not much i can say, you're basically good to go. But, if you have any difficulties don't ever forget to check every corner for supplies, always inspect key items/files and save most of which you can combine to create something. It's better to have options in the near future.

Also, i've seem some people trying to read files just by inspecting them (several times already), there will be a button (A for Xbox, X for PlayStation and i think it's either E or F on PC) for a better reading. Besides that, enjoy your experience! It's my GOTY so far, so i hope you'll like it too.

I have not seen or read any spoilers other than reading that this game is supposed to be very good, I have not played a Resident Evil game since Resident Evil 4.
Thank you for the crafting tips.

AlexCampy89

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Should I play it without VR, or should I wait until I can afford one when I'll have enough money AND space in the room?

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
as a MASSIVE fan of the "classic" style re games(especially the first one), it has soul crushingly disappointing that I can't play 7 because first person games give me motion sickness

I am jealous of all of you