• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
35f6r57mn0m31.png

Just started watching this last night because I didn't want my queer card revoked and WOW this show is good actually? I'm on season 2 (why does Netflix do this dumb shortened season shit for its animated shows) and it's very enjoyable. I mean it's not Avatar level or something but it's very fun, good characters, hilarious, colorful art, some good worldbuilding, good music, and I'm pretty sure every single character is gay. Overall a nice and comfy show to watch. But let me tell you the real reason this show is so wonderful...

f2jxf13sizr31.png

This poor innocent murderous disaster lesbian is the best character I've seen in a long time. I feel so bad for her despite her constant misbehavior. She's complex and interesting and so three-dimensional.

This wonderful little jellybean deserves peace and happiness with her true love and soulmate, Adora. This ship hits all my buttons.

297181982050211.png
Screen_Shot_2018_12_03_at_3.36.23_PM.0.png
she-ra-netflix-adora-catra.png
81d95a7b87b3db36bbc4c29d8954d71aa9a6caf6r1-640-818v2_hq.jpg

~~Hey Adora~~

I love it. I love it. Inject this shit directly into my veins fam.

Anyway go watch it, I strongly recommend it. I'm gonna finish the rest of seasons 2 and 3 and go do something very important...

R56D9a6.png

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the first season but never got around to Season 2 or 3. I'll get to it after I finish my current binge.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I only watched the first few episodes and then tried to get back to it but never took the plunge. I should.

The 2010s have been a fucking phenomenal time for cartoons.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
I need more Kyle/Rogelio content

twink and lizard boyfriend are my aesthetic

ProtomanNeo

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks OP because of you I'll have to give it another try. I thought it was written well enough it just wasn't resonating with me.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
It being gay is pretty much keeping inline with the tradition of the original cartoons just more much more overt.

I WAS GONNA LINK THAT

But yeah it's great and hella gay. The D&D episode was a delight.
I had tears for the homage to the original, especially the music, I still wish this Catra could transform into a panther, all the Catras were amazing.

TheAndyMan

Banned
Feb 11, 2019
Utah
I've watched all seasons(Season 1-3) and I enjoy it. Shadow weaver is an interesting character, and has a great voice actor(Lorraine Toussant) who really nails the "evil and motherly".

Obviously, she's not the main character, but her manipulations of Catra are why she is the way she is right now, what with her being power hungry and backstabbing(like Shadowweaver).

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay I finished season 3 and I'm all caught up and ofc Catra ain't beyond redemption

You always hit your lowest point before you can be redeemed

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
It's wonderful! One of my favorite things recently. They've really built (or built on—however you want to view it) a fun fantasy world and I'm stoked to see where everything goes next. I've said it before, but I'll say again that I think the structure of the story so far and its aesthetics would lend itself very well to the rock opera format and I will continue to pray to the non-dead rock 'n' roll gods/Satan for someone with more means and talent than me to see the same potential.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
This thread made me watch the first episode and yes, it is VERY gay

like in the first episode ALONE catra jumps on a laying down adora TWICE and SLEEPS IN HER BED

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's a great show, I'm still a bit bummed that the showrunners said that He-Man wouldn't appear at all in it, figured everybody from eternia would show up eventually.

Also, ew with the shipping. Catra seeing adora romantically can make sense, but I don't see that coming from Adora at all. She treats Catra like a sister all the time, a very stubborn pain in the ass sister.

Bset couple is Mermista and Seahawk.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Honestly I love this show and Voltron their art style is honestly the best.

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
I caught up not that long ago and I am in full agreement that despite everything Catra is still the absolute best character in the show who is now primed for some grade A redemption. Can't wait!

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I want to really like this show but it feels like a show for 10 year olds a lot of the time.

Like...Steven Universe felt more grown up somehow.

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This song slaps and I hope they play the full version during the inevitable moment where Catra teams up with Adora at the end

(Speaking of the end I swear to god Netflix better not pull some bullshit. Let them tell the full story)

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Okay I finished season 3 and I'm all caught up and ofc Catra ain't beyond redemption

I dunno if anything can make up for what she did to Entrapta.

Like, I get why Catra is the way she is and the way she is is that at many turns, she takes the most toxic, destructive choice possible, even when it doesn't benefit her but as long as it harms someone else (mostly Adora). As a kid's show, it's probably too dark to leave her at that but the amount of grievances she's wracking up are pretty hefty. Curious to see where it goes.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
The character designs are real good

I really wish the boarding was better. There are so many moments for interesting visual storytelling that feel flat or go wasted.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I want this, but with jocks and assorted hunks.

I'm definitely going to check out the show now, though.

Oct 25, 2017

With all the subtlety of a sledgehammer!!!

As for Catra and whether or not she's beyond redeeming, I think it really depends on how the next couple seasons play out (considering that Seasons 2 and 3 were originally made to be one full length season together and that every subsequent season of the show will also basically be two halves of a 'true' season). Catra's hit rock bottom and it really depends on how they opt to proceed with her from here. My money is on her ultimately being redeemed though.

I love this show. Sea Hawk is hands down my favorite idiot though.

I love how immediately likable most of this cast is. There's a level of charm among the characters on both the heroes and villains' sides that you don't really get to see very often in a cartoon show.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

I mean she's gone so low it's a black hole. She's been given too many chances to do the right thing and then just doesn't.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017

This song slaps and I hope they play the full version during the inevitable moment where Catra teams up with Adora at the end

(Speaking of the end I swear to god Netflix better not pull some bullshit. Let them tell the full story)

The show was pretty close to finished before season one came out last year, aside now from maybe the rest of the episodes being animated, they're already done, we're getting at least the 52 total episodes Netflix committed to so it'll definitely have an ending.
like 3 weeks til the new season i believe
For real, or are you thinking of The Dragon Prince?
15 days/November 5th.

EDIT: Also after you're caught up, join the OT.
www.resetera.com

She-Ra and the Princesses of Power |OT| Sword to Reboot!

She-Ra returns in a new animated series from DreamWorks Animation Television and Netflix! All thirteen episodes will premiere on Netflix on November 13, 2018. Aimee Carrero as Princess Adora / She-Ra Karen Fukuhara as Glimmer AJ Michalka as Catra Marcus Scribner as Bow Reshma Shetty as...

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The character designs are real good

I really wish the boarding was better. There are so many moments for interesting visual storytelling that feel flat or go wasted.
Yeah, you hit a major issue with the series based on what I've been watching. There are a couple memorable shots like Cattra emerging out of the dark with the She-Ra sword in the Glimmer rescue, but so many times a moment just isn't given time to breathe or isn't framed in a way that's atmospheric.

Hoping it gets better later on.

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
Incredibly good show. I don't think I've ever seen another animated show with a more charismatic cast of characters.

Catra is just a fantastic character. The fact that she's done so much horrible stuff but so much of the audience still sympathizes with her I think really demonstrates how successful they were at building up her pathos.

I think they will build towards some kind of redemption and she will probably rise as Shadow Weaver becomes the central antagonist of the show. Can't wait for the new season.

Nov 3, 2017
I'm willing to bet that Capra will reach some sort of sympathetic place by the end, but it's going to be a long time before that. Like I'm reasonably confident she'll somehow sink lower this coming season