• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Arrow season 1, 2 and 5 are great, flash season 1 is great and season 2 is pretty good up until the last few episodes and then the show sharply declines.

Supergirl season 4 is easily the best and most interesting as it basically has her square off against more competent Ben Shapiro.

But the real fun is Crisis on Earth X. That was so much fun and the highlight of the franchise. It's just batshit insanity and the fight at the end of the first episode is one of the best of the genre. The end of episode 2 is a pretty brutal fight as well.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I think it's a fun universe with some great episodes of TV

But yeah, I don't envy anyone trying to watch hundreds of episodes of TV in the next... 2 months.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
I once re-cut the Back to the Future trilogy in chronological order, out of an extreme curiosity to see how it held up, especially when splicing together scenes that happened in multiple films (and with, say, multiple actresses playing the same character). Once the Arrowverse is basically done I'm a bit tempted to get high quality copies of everything and give it the same treatment. I expect a lot more bedlam in terms of continuity (and at least one similar instance of actress-replacement).
Might be interesting, although I suspect it'd be a mess. The flashbacks were often so obviously forced into being related to the present-day plot for each episode that I bet a lot of the time they wouldn't make sense out of that context. There'd also be a lot of weird transitions since they used to like to try to move smoothly between timeframes, and in chronological order that's going to look odd.

But yeah, I don't envy anyone trying to watch hundreds of episodes of TV in the next... 2 months.
That got me curious about exactly what kind of undertaking this is.

The viewing guide in the OP has 511 episodes but by the time Crisis comes around that'll have grown to about 530 (might be a little higher even).

There's 71 days to Crisis beginning, so that's very close to 7.5 episodes per day - so it'd work out alternating between 7 episodes and 8 episodes per day, with the 7-episode days requiring about 5 hours watching the Arrowverse on those days and the 8-episode days close to 6. In total, the Arrowverse (including Black Lightning), by the time Crisis starts, will clock in at somewhere around fifteen and a half days of television.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
2f0.gif

Expect something we all call the "Season 3 Curse" to happen where all shows turn to poo by season 3. I would say all of it is watchable but man the quality drop as the shows go on are HUGE.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
The crossovers are always the highlights-but man these shoes have some real low lows and get SERIOUSLY repetitive.
That being said there's a moment in Arrow season 2 that is one of the best moments of television I've ever seen and I don't think many shows could even pull it off. I get goosebumps right now even thinking about it.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Have fun! But be aware that some seasons are really... not good, not good at all. The shows do have some really high highs when they are good, but god damn the lows are also really low.

Still, overall I really enjoy the Arrowverse, even if at times I just wish it would end. xD

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
The good thing is no matter how bad the shows can get the casts are always great even when times get rough. No matter how boring Flash can get-Joe West is always there. All he has to do is start crying and it gets me-it's like seeing my own dad cry.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Like that Smallville rewatch Razgriz-Specter is doing, I know there's a list of the "must watch" episodes of at least Arrow and Flash or at least there use to be one that someone put together for crossovers. After the first two seasons of Arrow and Flash I'd go do that and I'm sure there's an updated list with the other shows included too along with an order for crossovers.

Oct 25, 2017
Um.. Legends post season 1 is when it actually gets GOOD and tops all the other shows.
The only thing keeping legends of tomorrow at float at any point
is Captain Cold
The show just doesn't care enough about it's own continuity and has too many inconsistencies for me to enjoy it that much after that.
Would I have to muddle through a couple seasons of mediocrity to enjoy season 5?
Well maybe it's worth it to read a season summery of season 3 and 4. They are definitely not great.

Deleted member 60295

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 28, 2019
I gave up midway through Season 3 of Arrow, and Season 2 of the Flash. From what it sounds like, I haven't missed a whole lot, outside of Legends of Tomorrow season five of Arrow, and maybe some of Supergirl. Oh, and Black Lightning, but that's been standalone up to this point, so I might actually watch it in the future.

As for the rest, I no longer have the time to slog through seasons of shit just to get to the fun crossover episodes. Such a shame, because I love what they're doing on paper, but the execution has been so lacking.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Enjoy it. I liked it more watching it myself than I did when reading comments from people on Era, so keep that in mind.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who used to watch all of this but dropped it entirely a couple years ago, let me say this:

Don't do it.

The Flash season 1 is the only legitimately great part of the whole thing. Parts of Arrow season 1 and 2 are also pretty decent. Everything else is really really not good, unfortunately.

Because I'm a glutton for punishment I'm probably still going to check out the upcoming crossover, though without otherwise catching up.

Season 5 is marginally better than 3 and 4, which were awful. Anyone watching Arrow should stop after season 2.
Agree with this take. Season 5 is only better in comparison to some really shit seasons.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm considering using this upcoming crossover to cut ties. I still watch them all except for Supergirl's last two seasons. But maybe its time to have a clean breaking point.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I've added a section to the OP to make it clear where I am in the series. As this thread is meant for me to share my experience with the franchise and discuss it with Era, please don't give opinions (good or bad) on future seasons and especially don't give spoilers. I know bits and pieces, here and there, but I'm trying to watch it with as clear of a mind as possible. Thanks. :)

Also, John Barrowman is just the best. I love seeing him have a blast playing a villain. But I also have trouble seeing him in anything without thinking of the final days of G4, when he was hosting Attack of the Show after Kevin Pereira left.

This is just eight minutes of him giggling at dick drawings and it's incredibly clear that no one at NBC was even remotely paying attention to what was happening on the channel in its final days.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, the thread wasn't me asking for advice as to whether or not I'd be watching it.

Okaaaay fine. :P Even though you've made up your mind to watch the whole thing, I'm curious to see how long you'll actually last because the Arrow-verse is truly, on the whole, a dire affair. It might work out better for you though since you can binge it - waiting weeks/months in between episodes can make a TV show feel like more of a slog than the writers intended.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It might work out better for you though since you can binge it - waiting weeks/months in between episodes can make a TV show feel like more of a slog than the writers intended.

I feel like it's far more of a slog when having to binge through multiple episodes. I can only really bear it when I watch it every week, otherwise it just feels like work.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I think I fell off from exhaustion after Arrow S5, Flash S3, Supergirl S2, and Legends S2.

Might've kept going if the episodes and seasons weren't so much longer than they need to be.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Is there a wiki for all the crossovers? I at least want to watch them before crisis

arrow.fandom.com

List of crossover episodes

"An immortal Egyptian; aliens; parallel-Earth Nazis; I have no idea why I'm not even surprised at this point." —John Diggle[src] A list of crossover episodes which involve characters from multiple shows within the Arrowverse. They are arranged chronologically, grouped by season. Main article...

Includes major ones and one episode one character ones

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
You know, I've been seeing that Roy spin-kicking off the wall GIF for so long that I legitimately laughed out loud when it actually happened in the show.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I've been seeing that Roy spin-kicking off the wall GIF for so long that I legitimately laughed out loud when it actually happened in the show.

Yeah it just kind of comes out of nowhere. Imagine if someone is about to kill you and you're in a fight for your life. All of a sudden you just jump up on the wall and spin around.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
That first season of The Flash is something special. It's just so perfect in tone and mostly pulls everything off in execution. I actually think it's one of the best superhero based anything. Also you have Tom Cavanagh at his best.

"Run Barry. Run".
Season 1 of The Flash also has the best live action DC villain in a long ass time

BB88976490510E7B5AD34D24BA2C0438D92BA94F

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
The crossovers are always the highlights-but man these shoes have some real low lows and get SERIOUSLY repetitive.
That being said there's a moment in Arrow season 2 that is one of the best moments of television I've ever seen and I don't think many shows could even pull it off. I get goosebumps right now even thinking about it.
What moment are you referring to? (spoilers for OPs sake, please)

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
I believe they announced that Crisis will be changing that. Pretty sure characters from Black Lightning will appear.

Will you be including Smallville and Birds of Prey in your watch?

Kind of tempted to jump back in, but I'm a completionist, so I would need to watch Black Lightning and BoP too (watched Smallville when it was still on).

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Will you be including Smallville and Birds of Prey in your watch?

Kind of tempted to jump back in, but I'm a completionist, so I would need to watch Black Lightning and BoP too (watched Smallville when it was still on).

Nah, I watched Smallville from beginning to end while it aired (and rewatched half of it with family at about halfway through).

I watched Birds of Prey when it aired too. I remember almost nothing other than t.A.T.u. playing during the big final battle. And that's okay.