• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Can't wait to see you get to the roller coaster ride of Legends S2. Season 3 is probably objectively the best season, but Season 2's my favorite for a lot of the same reasons I enjoy the crossovers so much.

Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on arrow and man i remember why I need breaks from this.
The double standards of Oliver are incredible. And we are supposed to side with him everytime he just straight up does that thing he tells everyone else not to do. Which is 3 times an episode. Not to mention the whole Lying about everything and then saying "from this point on. No lies" and then lying again in the next episode.
(not really a spoiler. More of a character observation)

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on arrow and man i remember why I need breaks from this.
The double standards of Oliver are incredible. And we are supposed to side with him everytime he just straight up does that thing he tells everyone else not to do. Which is 3 times an episode. Not to mention the whole Lying about everything and then saying "from this point on. No lies" and then lying again in the next episode.
(not really a spoiler. More of a character observation)

Yup, 8 seasons in and he still pulls that shit lol

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Ollie's always been a hypocrite and he's been called out for it lots of times.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
citOJy0.gif

g2Pdpsq.gif

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
So, like, this episode with Barry traveling back to S1 is simultaneously fantastic and stupid on every possible level. It's one massive fuck-up after the next.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Vixen appears to have completely disappeared from CW Seed for some reason.

Seems like the only way to watch it at this point is to digitally rent "Vixen: The Movie", which is supposedly the two seasons of Vixen shorts edited into one story with some additional content.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Man, I might have to quit reading the GAF threads as I go through the episodes. The salt and weird bloodlust towards characters is unreadable and reached a boiling point with Laurel's death.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I might have to quit reading the GAF threads as I go through the episodes. The salt and weird bloodlust towards characters is unreadable and reached a boiling point with Laurel's death.
There's not a lot to gain from those threads. While I didn't love the first 2/3rds of S4, that thread made me even more salty, so I rarely posted. S5 should be okay (probably takes a second to shake the negativity), Legends should be great, and Black Lightning is always fun.

Btw, if you think that's bad, you should have seen the rest of the internet. That thread is tame compared to Reddit, the Facebook live comments (ugh), and the really strange Ollicity fans on twitter.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Just finished Supergirl S1. I quite enjoyed it though it didn't come out of the gate like The Flash did in its first season. But that's rare.

I'm still not sure how i feel about the DEO aspect of the show but I do agree with giving Kara something like it as a way of grounding her superhero side a bit.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Supergirl S1. I quite enjoyed it though it didn't come out of the gate like The Flash did in its first season. But that's rare.

I'm still not sure how i feel about the DEO aspect of the show but I do agree with giving Kara something like it as a way of grounding her superhero side a bit.

Though it takes... awhile to actually find its footing, I found it even harder to care about it in S1 before it became part of the Arrowverse.

That's why the crossover with Flash was so appreciated

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Great season premieres for Arrow S5 and Legends S2. Legends is just so much fun and Arrow felt like they were making a legitimate effort to up the action scenes again. It felt more like S1/S2 again.

Oh, and Tyler Hoechlin was more Superman in his first fucking scene than anything we were ever given in Man of Steel, BvS or Justice League.

Now that I'm caught up through the 2015-2016 season, my new ranking:

Arrow S2
The Flash S1
Arrow S1
The Flash S2
Arrow S3
Legends of Tomorrow S1
Supergirl S1
Arrow S4
Constantine S1

Arrow S4 definitely fell apart a bit in the second half. I honestly can't believe how badly they botched the Felicity paralysis arc. Her getting up and walking away from Oliver was one of the most unintentionally funny scenes in any series I've watched.

Darhk was a fun villain but his plan and the season overall felt unfocused. Killing Laurel gave the season stakes but the death itself was fairly lame and the character deserved more. And while I understand wanting to keep Barrowman around -- something I can't argue against because he's great whenever he is on screen -- they clearly didn't know what to do with him here.

The flashbacks in S3 were frustrating and poor at times, the flashbacks in S4 were straight up bad from start to finish. I legitimately zoned out whenever the show entered a flashback.

The Flash S2 only felt like a mild step back from S1 for me. Going even deeper into the craziness that is "comic book multiverse" storytelling was great to see in live action.

Legends was a blast. The overall arc was a bit unfocused and Savage wasn't as good of a villain as I had hoped he would be. But the cast works so well together, it was always fun to watch -- though I wasn't big on Carter.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Legends was a blast. The overall arc was a bit unfocused and Savage wasn't as good of a villain as I had hoped he would be. But the cast works so well together, it was always fun to watch -- though I wasn't big on Carter.

S1 was not good, but even then you can see the potential in the Legends team, aside from two misfires (technically three) who shall not be named. But yea, they course correct hard in the following seasons, so you're in for a real treat

Oh, and Tyler Hoechlin was more Superman in his first fucking scene than anything we were ever given in Man of Steel, BvS or Justice League.

Truth

The Flash S2 only felt like a mild step back from S1 for me. Going even deeper into the craziness that is "comic book multiverse" storytelling was great to see in live action.

The peak of S2 for me was Zoom's savage beatdown of the Flash, that shit was mad disrespectful

After that, it took a hard dip in quality for me once Zoom was unmasked, between being much less intimidating, to the somewhat baffling subplot of him having feelings for Caitlin. Also ending the season with a literal race felt very lame and anticlimactic.

Arrow S4 definitely fell apart a bit in the second half. I honestly can't believe how badly they botched the Felicity paralysis arc. Her getting up and walking away from Oliver was one of the most unintentionally funny scenes in any series I've watched.

Thoughts on the nuke scene?

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
S1 was not good, but even then you can see the potential in the Legends team, aside from two misfires (technically three) who shall not be named. But yea, they course correct hard in the following seasons, so you're in for a real treat

Oh, I think it was definitely good -- just not amazing. A very solid/good first season.

The peak of S2 for me was Zoom's savage beatdown of the Flash, that shit was mad disrespectful

That was a great moment.

After that, it took a hard dip in quality for me once Zoom was unmasked, between being much less intimidating, to the somewhat baffling subplot of him having feelings for Caitlin. Also ending the season with a literal race felt very lame and anticlimactic.

I agree with the Caitlin romance but I thought the race was a great final showdown. It was Barry's decision to change time that frustrated me -- though I guess losing his father like that, it's understandable that he would no longer be thinking straight.

Thoughts on the nuke scene?

I'm mixed on the finale. Overall, I think it was a bit better than the S3 finale as the showdown between Oliver and Darhk was better than the final fight between Oliver and Ra's, which was made worse with that incredibly strange moment of Oliver getting shot off the bridge only to be totes fine in the next scene.

But the nuke stuff was incredibly stupid. I don't even understand where that nuke went that was about to hit Star City. Haha.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Dhark could've been an amazing villain. You can see how much fun Neal McDonough was having. He's probably the #1 reason why I think S4 is better than S3. Ra's al Ghul bored me to tears.

S2 of Flash is a lot of fun too. I've wondered if Zoom would've been a better character had he not have a human identity. He was so much sacrier when he felt like this unstoppable speed demon who was beyond humanity.

I'm a S3 Flash apologist. I won't spoil anything but I think Patton and Gustin really give it their all. A lot of people think this season is insufferable, I think the following season is actually worse because of how nondescript it is.

All that said, you're at S5 of Arrow and it's so goddamn good. Have fun!

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I do agree with Lotus that the peak of the season was Zoom beating the crap out of Flash. That was brutal and in my opinion disturbing. It did falter towards the end, but I still enjoyed it a lot.
I'm surprised you liked Legends S1 as I found it to be terrible to the point where I was so happy to be done with it once I reached the last episode. But if you found it good then great. S2 is a blast so do enjoy it.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
putUyFZ.gif

Darhk was a fun villain but his plan and the season overall felt unfocused. Killing Laurel gave the season stakes but the death itself was fairly lame and the character deserved more. And while I understand wanting to keep Barrowman around -- something I can't argue against because he's great whenever he is on screen -- they clearly didn't know what to do with him here.

Would be nice if someone knew what to do with those two.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I think it was definitely good -- just not amazing. A very solid/good first season.

Well if you really liked it that much, I expect you to really get a kick out of the following seasons

I'm mixed on the finale. Overall, I think it was a bit better than the S3 finale as the showdown between Oliver and Darhk was better than the final fight between Oliver and Ra's, which was made worse with that incredibly strange moment of Oliver getting shot off the bridge only to be totes fine in the next scene.

But the nuke stuff was incredibly stupid. I don't even understand where that nuke went that was about to hit Star City. Haha.

It was genuinely Arrow's "jump the shark" moment lol

I agree with the Caitlin romance but I thought the race was a great final showdown. It was Barry's decision to change time that frustrated me -- though I guess losing his father like that, it's understandable that he would no longer be thinking straight.

S2 is probably the start of people going all in on memeing about how much of a dumbass Barry can be

I still remember him foolishly giving Zoom back his speed or w/e lol

I do agree with Lotus that the peak of the season was Zoom beating the crap out of Flash. That was brutal and in my opinion disturbing.

It honestly felt like it came from another show

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
S2 is probably the start of people going all in on memeing about how much of a dumbass Barry can be

Oh, I feel like I've been seeing the "Ls" joke for like the entire time Flash has been running.

But honestly, it started in season 1 for me when the shapeshifter knocks Barry the fuck out while posing as Eddie because Barry is like, "Eddie!? How did you get out of jail!?" even though he already fucking knew Eddie was being impersonated by a shapeshifter.