• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
ZeoVGM, where you at? -- 11/27 Update

It is done.

My journey is over.

tumblr_priz44yser1qh0nwmo1_500.gifv

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As this thread is meant for me to share my experience with the franchise and discuss it with Era, please don't give opinions (good or bad) on future seasons and especially don't give spoilers. I know bits and pieces, here and there, but I'm trying to watch it with as clear of a mind as possible. Thanks. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Post:

I have seen bits and pieces of the Arrowverse over the past few years but with the upcoming Crisis on Infinite Earths event (and my decade-long relationship collapsing to the ground, leaving me alone in a house all by myself with numerous cats, turtles and fish but we won't talk about that too much I digress anyway moving on), I have decided to dive in.

And when I say "dive in," I mean "dive the fuck in."

The link above will be used as my guide. Yes, I will be watching all 20+ seasons of the Arrowverse from salmon ladders to Chris Kline.

I will share my journey with Era and I shall begin with my thoughts on the pilot of Arrow.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
You're going to burn out lol.

I watched all the way up to season 5 of Arrow and whatever season the others were on at the time before realizing I was watching 4 hours a week just to keep up while enjoying all of the shows a lot less than Agents of Shield which was taking one hour out of my week.

Oct 25, 2017
I could be wrong on this, but while Black Lighting is really well received I don't think it's actually part of the Arrowverse.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
It's a bad show. The premise is neat but CW is a hackfraud network. HBO would have been lit af.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
A couple random thoughts as I start up episode 4.

- Diggle finding out so soon was a nice change of pace from the days of Smallville, where it took a character six years to find out Clark's secret.

- Oliver just straight up murders a ton of people.

Oct 25, 2017
A couple random thoughts as I start up episode 4.

- Diggle finding out so soon was a nice change of pace from the days of Smallville, where it took a character six years to find out Clark's secret.

- Oliver just straight up murders a ton of people.
Man Oliver was so good in those days.

Sucks you basically know how the world expands because going from a Batman Begins ripoff into the escalation of superpowers was still one of the most cool moments in any of the series.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Man Oliver was so good in those days.

Sucks you basically know how the world expands because going from a Batman Begins ripoff into the escalation of superpowers was still one of the most cool moments in any of the series.

I'm still excited for that. In a way, it's kind of cool watching this "grounded" show and knowing the "universe" is going to go batshit insane eventually.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Arrow S1, S2 and Flash S1 will be a fun watch.

I wouldn't throw Constantine in there tbh. Seems unnecessary.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The Constantine show is more or less non-canon at this point, Legends' Astra is different to say the least.

I obviously like Arrowverse stuff but I can't see myself ever doing a full rewatch. I'll do the good seasons but the whole thing? That's months you'll never get back.

tuta

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Currently doing the same. I was not a fan of Arrow storywise but I quite enjoy the first season of The Flash so far. I should complete it by tomorrow. It's way more addictive and pleasant than Arrow imo.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
The Flash and Arrow both have a strong first two seasons but they both fizzle out pretty quick after that imo. I think I made it to season 4 of Arrow and 3 of flash before I quit watching them. Haven't seen any of the others.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I remember when Arrow and Flash did that fight tease thing and Arrow had the ballistas or whatever. Dude can just outrun it all. How are you even a threat?

Oct 25, 2017
The Flash and Arrow both have a strong first two seasons but they both fizzle out pretty quick after that imo. I think I made it to season 4 of Arrow and 3 of flash before I quit watching them. Haven't seen any of the others.
Season 5 of Arrow is actually pretty good. (Season 2 is still better). s2 spoiler:
SLAAAADE

Good luck OP. Super Girl season 1 and Legends Of Tomorrow post season 1 are hard to watch. That said, I'm not up to date on either.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Season 5 of Arrow is the best the show ever was imo, sadly it declined again afterwards.
Season 5 of Arrow is actually pretty good. (Season 2 is still better). s2 spoiler:
SLAAAADE

Good luck OP. Super Girl season 1 and Legends Of Tomorrow post season 1 are hard to watch. That said, I'm not up to date on either.

Would I have to muddle through a couple seasons of mediocrity to enjoy season 5?

Oct 26, 2017
That first season of The Flash is something special. It's just so perfect in tone and mostly pulls everything off in execution. I actually think it's one of the best superhero based anything. Also you have Tom Cavanagh at his best.

"Run Barry. Run".

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I'm looking forward to the op reviewing later seasons of arrow and compare them to s3 and s4.

Don't burn out by binging.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
To this day I think it was a massive misstep for Arrow to hang onto those increasingly-contrived flashback stories as long as they did. Should have dropped that shit after season one.

Amathene

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Arrow S1 and S2 will set a precedent but S3 and S4 will betray you like no other. Many consider S5 to be a return to form but, for me, the praise was a bit overrated. It was strong enough to be watchable again but not strong enough to wash the taste of S3-4 out of my mouth. Quality dips again in S6 and S7 and you could just tell that the cast and the writers were just going through the motions at that point. S7 was so boring that I quit about halfway through (same with Flash).

Glhf my dude!

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Constantine is good
It is good for context and to compare to other stuff
It has its downs but its ups are awesome

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Arrow S1 and S2 are amazing, but the quality drops after that. I'm watching seasons 6 and 7 now just for the sake of finishing the show and nothing else.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
That first season of The Flash is something special. It's just so perfect in tone and mostly pulls everything off in execution. I actually think it's one of the best superhero based anything. Also you have Tom Cavanagh at his best.

"Run Barry. Run".
Yeah, out of every show that they're running, The Flash had the best start and (it seemed) the most potential. Its downhill trajectory since then has been probably the biggest disappointment in the Arrowverse, and last year I think every other Arrowverse show was better than The Flash for the first time.

To this day I think it was a massive misstep for Arrow to hang onto those increasingly-contrived flashback stories as long as they did. Should have dropped that shit after season one.
I agree with this, while at the same time being a little bit glad that they stuck with the idea even when it wasn't working, because it gives Arrow a 13-year on-screen arc. As uneven as that arc has been, that's still quite an achievement.

funtastrophe

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with this, while at the same time being a little bit glad that they stuck with the idea even when it wasn't working, because it gives Arrow a 13-year on-screen arc. As uneven as that arc has been, that's still quite an achievement.

I once re-cut the Back to the Future trilogy in chronological order, out of an extreme curiosity to see how it held up, especially when splicing together scenes that happened in multiple films (and with, say, multiple actresses playing the same character). Once the Arrowverse is basically done I'm a bit tempted to get high quality copies of everything and give it the same treatment. I expect a lot more bedlam in terms of continuity (and at least one similar instance of actress-replacement).