• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That GAF thread of Arrow S5 midseason finale still the best with the cliff-hanger with Laurel appearing in the bunker lol

That was a special moment for us all as we were all confused and just so unexpected.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That GAF thread of Arrow S5 midseason finale still the best with the cliff-hanger with Laurel appearing in the bunker lol

That was a special moment for us all as we were all confused and just so unexpected.

The reveal that Prometheus really went out of his way to go and bring her there was hilarious

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Oliver as Overwatch for an episode is cute. It's funny seeing the usual dramatic left to right camera shots that are always used on Felicity instead used on him.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Season 5 is marginally better than 3 and 4, which were awful. Anyone watching Arrow should stop after season 2.

I can't believe anyone would have this sort of opinion. Clearly you aren't 10 steps ahead.

Arrow S5 is easily it's best season. Like extremely easily. The show never gets back to that level of quality.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I can't believe anyone would have this sort of opinion. Clearly you aren't 10 steps ahead.

Arrow S5 is easily it's best season. Like extremely easily. The show never gets back to that level of quality.

Wow. Seeing that page 2 post bumped now that I've finished S5 solidifies it as one of the craziest TV opinions on Era.

And dead souls posts on Era.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
PlaintiveSpectacularGeese-size_restricted.gif

Barry's "fwoop" might have been my favorite moment in the entire Arrowverse.

Actually laughed my ass off.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

I'm only 15 minutes into Part 1 and it's exactly what I wanted from something like this. It doesn't feel like an episode of Supergirl with guest stars. It legitimately feels like all of the characters simply coming together for a mini-series. I mean, this is 15 minutes into Supergirl and they're finding a way to split Firestorm.

It's so simply but I love it.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Oh my god, Sara and Alex.

I already want Alex going to Legends for S6.

Edit: I love how Marvel comic books are a thing in the DC TV Universe.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
That was fucking brilliant. For half a season, almost everyone thought Prometheus was Tommy, based on the old threads I've been reading, myself included. It ended up being wrong so they had Tommy be alt-Prometheus.

Fuck.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Assuming you mean this year's Crisis, they are building up to it in Flash and Arrow. Black Lightning and Batwoman aren't trying into anything at the moment. Haven't watched the last Supergirl episode so I'm not sure about that one.

Supergirl hasn't done anything with that yet either

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The infinite earth one?
December
But the flash and arrow storylines are heavy into plots related to it ...like a "road to crisis on infinite earth"

The discussion right now is about the "nazi earth" crisis one

hmmm how are they this season? worth circling back for a lapsed fan?

i was planning to come back for crisis and legends

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Just finished Part 4 of Earth-X.

What a fucking crossover. The old thread on Era was fun to read along with too. Except for one poster who had a legitimately creepy hate obsession for Felicity.

My only real complaint about the crossover is that they didn't explain Thawne at all. His death on Legends seemed to be an actual death. Or was this from before? And why was he aligning himself with Nazis?

Other than that, fantastic from beginning to end.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Regarding Thawne, yeah they pretty much gave up explaining how and why he keeps coming back. Actually kind of in line with the comics, too. Dude was pretty much obliterated by
Dr. Manhattan
in a story not too long ago and he was literally back up and running again in the following arc two issues later, lol

You ain't never lied

Last edited:

makonero

Oct 27, 2017

What a fucking crossover. The old thread on Era was fun to read along with too. Except for one poster who had a legitimately creepy hate obsession for Felicity.

My only real complaint about the crossover is that they didn't explain Thawne at all. His death on Legends seemed to be an actual death. Or was this from before? And why was he aligning himself with Nazis?

Thawne makes zero sense timeline-wise, either in the CWverse or in comics. Best to just accept it.

morningbus

Oct 31, 2017

Yeah, I think getting Cavanaugh to reprise his Thawne was a somewhat late in development decision. If you check out the Ray animated series, they use an evil Barry Allen instead.

Reverse Flash can basically do what he wants timeline wise. Every version of himself can continue to exist because he's from different points in his own timeline.