• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Yeah, it goes on for far too long. It really made me mad.

It's an interesting idea but at a certain point, specifically this episode with the fairly cool fight between the two at the end, it feels like everyone on both sides are being awful and frustrating.

On another note, Black Lightning is fucking crazy good. Easily the strongest pilot in the Arrowverse, topping The Flash's for me. And it really doesn't fuck around. Lawanda getting shot to death was a, "OH SHIT. Wait, this is The CW?" moment.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
On another note, Black Lightning is fucking crazy good. Easily the strongest pilot in the Arrowverse, topping The Flash's for me. And it really doesn't fuck around. Lawanda getting shot to death was a, "OH SHIT. Wait, this is The CW?" moment.

Yuuup

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
It's an interesting idea but at a certain point, specifically this episode with the fairly cool fight between the two at the end, it feels like everyone on both sides are being awful and frustrating.

There's a great Arrow episode coming up that'll make you wonder why they waited that long to do it. Why'd they waste so much time pitting the team together.

You're going to have a lot of "Wait, this is The CW?" moments with BL. The show is filled with smart, capable people on both sides of the law. It's a great show.

Nice header update. Beebo is the best.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
There's a great Arrow episode coming up that'll make you wonder why they waited that long to do it. Why'd they waste so much time pitting the team together.

You're going to have a lot of "Wait, this is The CW?" moments with BL. The show is filled with smart, capable people on both sides of the law. It's a great show.

Awesome. I can already tell this is going to jump up to the top tier in my ranking.

Also, I know this is super minor -- or at least it should be -- but the way that both Jeff and Lynn both casually mentioned Alissa having a girlfriend made me so happy. When they revealed she was gay, I was expecting a plot about her hiding it and maybe someone not accepting it. It was really refreshing.

And OH MY GOD, this sex talk over dinner is so awkward.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Awesome. I can already tell this is going to jump up to the top tier in my ranking.

Also, I know this is super minor -- or at least it should be -- but the way that both Jeff and Lynn both casually mentioned Alissa having a girlfriend made me so happy. When they revealed she was gay, I was expecting a plot about her hiding it and maybe someone not accepting it. It was really refreshing.

And OH MY GOD, this sex talk over dinner is so awkward.
They're a wonderful family. I also appreciate the fact that they take their shoes off when they're in their house.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The family aspect of Black Lightning is easily the best part of the show, their interactions, especially between Jenn and Anissa feel organic.

defiant04

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
the arrowverse is too much. 6 shows and growing. its a lot to ask a fan to spend 3 hrs a wk watching this to keep up

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
It was much needed bright spot for a relatively boring season.

My opinion on Flash S2-S4 is complicated. It's frustrating at times but I think it's still generally a very fun show.

Honestly, I think S4 is better than S3. Ralph was a great addition and it's been so lighthearted for most of the season, which was a nice change of pace from the second half of S3.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I think S4 is better than S3.

I don't remember the consensus on this. I never see anyone have anything positive to say about S3, whereas S4 has Flashtime and Ralph, so yes it's probably better

"We're on Obamacare."

"Run, Barry, run!"

"You might want to hold onto that birth certificate."

"Make America Grodd again."

I love Legends so much.

Edit: Oh my god, Sara went to Obama for a therapy session.

I love Legends so much.

Lmao so good

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I don't remember the consensus on this. I never see anyone have anything positive to say about S3, whereas S4 has Flashtime and Ralph, so yes it's probably better

I enjoyed the first half of S3 well enough but it fell apart in the second half. I mentioned this earlier in the thread but the Savitar reveal should have happened much earlier -- like "halfway through the season" earlier -- and I think there was real potential with Corrupted Barry by giving him a real or at least potential redemption arc.

Instead, they revealed Savitar was Barry, teased a redemption arc and then had him turn evil again within like three episodes.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Last night I saw a superhero, he was black. He said this is for the street, Black Lightning's back.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
*Checks my watch notes*
Um uh....I liked the episode where Barry went to the future to meet his future self. And HR was great. The non main plot stuff was fine too, but besides that my notes mostly contain negatives. I'm going through S4 at the moment and once I get myself caught up I'll make my own thread on this grand watching experience for the series.

I enjoyed the first half of S3 well enough but it fell apart in the second half. I mentioned this earlier in the thread but the Savitar reveal should have happened much earlier -- like "halfway through the season" earlier -- and I think there was real potential with Corrupted Barry by giving him a real or at least potential redemption arc.

Instead, they revealed Savitar was Barry, teased a redemption arc and then had him turn evil again within like three episodes.
I have a small tiny suspicion that they didn't know what to do with Savv I mean Savitar. He goes away for a good while and then he comes back, but by then it was to late to do something with him. So we get a potential redemption arc in the last like 3 episodes to make it seem like he had some sort of character that fell flat because literal end of season here. But hey at least he looks like a Warframe though, so that's a small positive I guess.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I will say, as late and eye roll worthy as the Savitar reveal was, the music in that scene absolutely elevates it.

Can't wait to hear Blake Neely go ham with the leitmotifs in CoIE.