• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I just finished it just now and absolutely loved it. It is such a huge leap over Uncharted 4. I will just summarize my thoughts

*Great pacing
*Great level flow and pacing
*Great chemistry between Chole and Nadine (Nadine is especially more likable than she ever was in Uncharted 4)
*Enemy encounters are way better than Uncharted 4 (blowing up chopper, APC), ample ammo that doesn't make the level frustrating
*Great graphics/art but I wish it were 60 FPS (maybe on PS5!??)
*Game doesn't feel overly difficult or frustrating while Uncharted 4 especially during the last chapter

Great send of to the series by Naughty Dog, this is now my favourite Uncharted game. Anyone else feel the same way?

Last edited:

Bndadm

Oct 29, 2017
It is absolutely dynamite and helped me get over my Uncharted 4 personal letdown. I demand more and hope sales reflected that others do too.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I just wish it had more environmental variety. The city level was really cool and then after that it was basically just the same thing as UC4's back half. Nadine and Chloe were great together as was Sam, Asav was underutilized I thought though and iirc his plan made zero sense.

Prophet Steve

Oct 26, 2017
I did enjoy Uncharted 4 a lot more, but I suppose I am much more of a fan of that game than others as it is by far my favorite Uncharted game after having played through them all in a row.

But I did enjoy it the second most from the Uncharted games, much of it was that I had less of an attachment to these characters compared to before that. Mechanically and pacing-wise it is an improvement for me though.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As someone that had no interest in actually spending money on an Uncharted money unless it's really cheap, I'd gladly buy another game starring Chloe and Nadine for full price

duck-doomster

Feb 1, 2019
I enjoyed the game, though I wouldn't say it was my favorite. As an overall experience, I still prefer Uncharted 4. However, I really enjoyed Chloe, Nadine, and Sam together and I thought the puzzles were quite memorable.

I echo the sentiment above about not having more city locales since the opening was a lot fun. Also, Asav did not make sense to me. Played it with a friend ad we couldn't really piece together his deal. He felt very blah for me.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I'd personally put 2 just unbeatable for me, no game has blew me away quite like UC2 and 4 (though real close with these two) above it, but it's pretty much the perfect Uncharted game imo.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
OP didn't even mention the amazing chemistry Chloe and Nadine had. It was an absolute pleasure to see them interacting. Never got old for a second.

RavFiveFour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Uncharted the Lost Legacy set the series up for future spin-offs. Nobody will ever say its the best Uncharted but still a "must play".

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Yep, best Uncharted.

K3APhUw.gif

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's right up there with 2.

4 had the momentum of being the conclusion to Nate's story, but I found Lost Legacy to be the more enjoyable experience.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just finished it just now and absolutely loved it. It is such a huge leap over Uncharted 4. I will just summarize my thoughts

*Great pacing
*Great level flow and pacing
*Enemy encounters are way better than Uncharted 4 (blowing up chopper, APC)
*Great graphics/art but I wish it were 60 FPS (maybe on PS5!??)
*Game doesn't feel overly difficult or frustrating while Uncharted 4 especially during the last chapter

Great send of to the series by Naughty Dog, this is now my favourite Uncharted game. Anyone else feel the same way?
It's awesome. And I think we will see more The Lost Legacy-like Uncharted games on the PS5. Can't wait to see what that new San Diego team is doing ;)

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I just picked up my copy yesterday and I'm really enjoying it. I do hope they give it the full release treatment cause I am liking the changes they made to this wrt U4.

tommyv2

Nov 6, 2017
Best Uncharted game by far now that the impact of Uncharted 2 has worn off. It was very new Tomb Raider-ish with much better characters and set pieces.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's right up there with 2.

4 had the momentum of being the conclusion to Nate's story, but I found Lost Legacy to be the more enjoyable experience.

This. Its also the first game in the series I felt actually had a good boss fight. I really hope for a Lost Legacy 2 on PS5 continuing Chloe and Nadines adventure.

Nov 18, 2017
I've never played an Uncharted game but loved TLOU and Tomb Raider (first one).

Is this a full-length game?
It's currently on sale on the EU PSN.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
I think it really captures a lot of what was appealing about Uncharted 2 - that is to say, pitch-perfect pacing, fantastic vertically oriented level design, and larger-than-life locations that are simply lovely to look at. I think it makes a better case for non-supernatural Uncharted than UC4 does.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I loved how the final set piece was a combination of what the other games had done.Jumping from the jeep to the train and back again was nuts,don't even know how they did that.

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
It's a darn good uncharted game. One of the best. The final sequence/setpiece is one of most exhilarating moments I've ever experience in a video game. It makes contemporary Hollywood action scenes look pedestrian.

GobHoblin

Oct 27, 2017
I loved it. It was the Tomb Raider I wanted.

I really want them to put out these smaller adventures more frequently

Deleted member 412

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have had a terrible Uncharted fatigue ever since playing U4 (even though I loved it), so this game kinda fell off the radar when it was released. I've been meaning to play it at some point, but I honestly can't muster any interest for it whatsoever.

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed this game a lot. I loved the little open-world chapter. They do some neat little things with how they make things play out slightly different depending on which order you do things. And the little side quest is great. It definitely takes the concept of the Madagascar Jeep chapter in 4 to the next level. I would like future Uncharted games to have a chapter like this again. And I just love elephants so much, so I loved the elephant ride moment. I think they did a good job of making Chloe and Nadine work better as characters than in previous games due to being able to flesh them out more in these starring roles. I found Chloe a lot more likeable here too. The shadow puzzle is probably the best in the series. I liked some of the smaller setpiece moments like when you had to lockpick your way out of the rising water. The final setpiece is probably the best in the series even if it is a sort of greatest hits of other setpieces, so it lacks the impact of some earlier ones I think. And that is kind of how I feel about the game. It has some awesome moments. It is really well-made and well-paced, but it is a bit derivative of earlier entries and didn't have as large an impact on me as my favorites in the series (2 and 4).

One thing in the OP I disagree with is it having better enemy encounters than 4. I don't think 4 gets enough credit for how amazing the level design or "arena" designs are. Basically, I'm talking about the areas that you fight the more standard open enemy encounters in. They have so much lovely verticality. They use all the different features like rope swings, climbing, water approaches, tunnels, slides, etc. It makes them really fun to replay and see the different approaches. Like the PSX demo area or the dormitories in Scotland and I could name a bunch more. I think the only "arena" design in LL that can compete with the best ones in 4 was the final encounter where the helicopter is. I think that was my biggest letdown with the game, that it didn't match up to 4 in that area. The more linear encounters/setpiece-style ones are sort of a push between the games, but I think 4 outclasses it in terms of the more typical "meat and potatoes" encounters so-to-speak.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this and I'd gladly take another Chloe and Nadine outing. Maybe have us play as both characters at different points in the story. Having Cutter make an appearance would be cool too.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
I have had a terrible Uncharted fatigue ever since playing U4 (even though I loved it), so this game kinda fell off the radar when it was released. I've been meaning to play it at some point, but I honestly can't muster any interest for it whatsoever.
I was burned out on the series after 4 too, but I really enjoyed TLL.

If you liked the gameplay of 4, but felt it had unengaging pacing through improperly using downtime and traversal segments, you should try TLL.