• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
So I was having a cold and a certain forum was down so I had to find something to do. I started watching Westworld after not really reading up on any of it. I finished episode 10 now and overall it was cool. There are plenty of interesting characters and very well acted. There are some things I have to point out though.

The timeline is all mixed up just to cover the reveal of the man in black. I understand that the William storyline is a flashback, but they play it off as if it runs concurrently with everything else. Maeve's story is particularly strange there. One of the points is that she gets killed over and over. Which makes me wonder how the park is actually being run? When do they reset the thing for new visitors? Even if William's story took place previously, the man in black was in there for weeks, taking away Teddy on his own adventure. Meanwhile Maeve was reset over and over. And this entire thing is quite unbelievable. Not only do they bring in all bodies and restore them, they must be resetting the entire park. Remove bullet holes, fix broken windows... not to mention when people get to kill off entire villages or when someone comes across a field of corpses.

It's strange how noone came looking for Elsie or Theresa.

The Bernard reveal was a bit too Battlestar Galactica for me.

How on Earth could the Felix storyline happen in a building with literal glass walls and with characters monitored for the slightest anomaly?

How is safety being kept? They make a point about guns that can't kill people and in one instance they show a request being made for explosive effects, but what about arrows? What about burning? What about generally being beaten to death? What if Ed Harris' horse had bolted earlier?

Anyway, it's interesting enough and I can't wait to see where it goes next. It seems like there will have to be a pretty major shift in the setting...

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I always figured that characters were reset after any and all visitors were done with them.

I binged watched it a month or two after the finale. Knew some twist was happening, but wasn't expecting the William reveal at all. Really looking forward to season 2.