• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Probably TLJ and Rise of Skywalker together, but called Rise of Skywalker and released at the same time as the movie. Like LEGO Incredibles 2, because it encompassed both movies.

These boring, formulaic, run of the mill LEGO games won't be stopped huh?

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Time to remake The Complete Saga and make The *Real* Complete Saga with all Episodes. Either that or just Rise with TLJ together.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Probably TLJ and Rise of Skywalker together, but called Rise of Skywalker and released at the same time as the movie. Like LEGO Incredibles 2, because it encompassed both movies.

These boring, formulaic, run of the mill LEGO games won't be stopped huh?
Eh, they're fun to play with a young kid.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they do TLJ and don't just skip it. And I'd love a remaster of the originals

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
They're generally fun.
Eh, they're fun to play with a young kid.

I've never liked them much, but have still played and finished most of them. I don't like missing out on games I'm even mildly interested in, and can borrow them from the library and add them to my growing list of completed games.

But they're so repetitive, and most suffer because they stick you into sewers, lairs, etc. where you're confined and do the same thing over and over again.

LEGO Marvel Superheroes was the best one, at least recently. Avengers ended up being boring somehow. The last Star Wars one was alright, and Incredibles was one of the better ones, but NINJAGO was not very good, nor was the other recent one. Harry Potter 1-4 was one of the worst.

I get a high when I beat a game, finish a book or that type of thing, so it's one reason I play these still.

I regret buying LEGO Indiana Jones for full price, same with LEGO Star Wars 2, because I haven't really played them and now they're worth pennies.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
Considering the newer Lego games have dropped considerably in quality I'm not exactly hyped. Everything past the Harry Potter games and some of the batman games have been super lackluster IMO.

Rikucrafter

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Australia
Lego The Force Awakens was one of the most fun experiences I've had with a game in recent years. I couldn't believe the way that it made me feel like I could just have a tonne of general fun. Looking forward to another.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Cool. The original SW Lego games that came out during last gen are still some of the most fun games I've played, coop or not. The first Indiana Jones one was great too. Glad to hear they're making more.

JetstreamRorschach

One Winged Slayer
Dec 30, 2017
Zaragoza, Spain.
My modded Battlefront II (2017) is glad to hear that.

s5vJ7B8.png

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Was that a standout LEGO game? I missed it when it came out, always intended to rent it but never really did get playing it.

Actually I think I rented it once and it was scratched to hell.
The Clone Wars game was the only Lego Star Wars game I've owned. I liked it better than the Indiana Jones game, if that helps, maybe because I was a huge fan of the Clone Wars cartoon.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Lego City Undercover and Lego Worlds ahould be the basis of every Lego game. Well, should've been. They pumped out sometimes 2 games a year that played the same, while ignoring the better games.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Cool but we still need to go beyond and get the ball rolling on more other cool SW games too, the not so massive ones and more scaled back style as well as the big games
Not just pinball

More is more, quality & quantity , non mobile only games (they can have those too) but more platformers, adventures, cyoa style, rpg, puzzles, sw fighters

I can think of tons of ideas for Star Wars games

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
Woo. They remain a guilty pleasure game for me, and Star Wars was arguably the best one. I have very fond memories of 100% completing the Complete Saga on the 360.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
That sounds fantastic if it's a complete Saga again.
I never really enjoyed any of the other licensed LEGO games other than Star Wars, and even then I only really liked the 1st one, as you never really get to use a lightsaber on the original trilogy for obvious reasons.

I did have the complete saga and Clone Wars on PS3, but I got them right before I got a PS4, and didn't go back to them.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone on Era honestly gets excited for these LEGO [insert popular movie IP] Games? And by that I don't mean to play with your partner or your kids, I mean do you buy them to play them yourselves because you genuinely love these games. They all feel similar to each other, and somehow they're both shallow and confusing at the same time and definitely targeted to very young children.

Anyone?

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
...somehow they're both shallow and confusing at the same time and definitely targeted to very young children

That's what always confused me - they are apparently targeted at children, but they often have maddeningly opaque puzzles that have forced me to a walkthrough many a time. Maybe they're designed for children with their parents.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's what always confused me - they are apparently targeted at children, but they often have maddeningly opaque puzzles that have forced me to a walkthrough many a time. Maybe they're designed for children with their parents.
Exactly. I once played the demo to a LEGO Star Wars game I couldn't even begin to tell you which one) with a friend my age and we got frustrated and didn't even finish the damn demo because of how unintuitive and obtuse some of the puzzles or mechanics were. And all of these games are the same.

I understand if you have a younger gamer in the house who's a fan of either LEGO or the movie franchise in question but I can't imagine any serious gamer over 17 excited to buy these games for themselves.

They're gaming's McDonald's. The videogame equivalent to fast food. Cheap, shallow, but good enough to be edible and to make you feel good I guess.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone on Era honestly gets excited for these LEGO [insert popular movie IP] Games? And by that I don't mean to play with your partner or your kids, I mean do you buy them to play them yourselves because you genuinely love these games. They all feel similar to each other, and somehow they're both shallow and confusing at the same time and definitely targeted to very young children.

Anyone?
I do. They scratch a similar itch for me that Kirby does.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017

Anyone?
Depends on what the property is, I get excited for the Star Wars ones because I like Star Wars and there haven't been many of those games out lately.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Love Lego but these games need to cost about half what they do. The IPs they get their hands on haven't been enough to justify the actual content in some time.

NiallGGlynn

Apr 16, 2019
Awesome, hope this covers all of the series. Will be a blast playing co-op with my buddy with a few beers.