• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
Would a new Twisted Metal-like game even be considered AAA nowadays? I know there is no exact definition for AAA anyway, but the genre seems like something that wouldn't need as much of a budget or manpower than contemporary AAA games and wouldn't get very much people interested in it, relatively speaking.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Yeah, it's Twisted Metal. Can't say I asked for a revival of that series nor for Lucid Games to be doing it, but I'm sure some people are excited, so I won't yuck their yum. -shrugs-

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
I fell off Destruction All-Stars almost immediately, so I have doubts about them carrying a new Twisted Metal.
Exactly where I am at too. Interesting that they are getting the AAA treatment already. All -Stars was super medicore, and it wasn't because it didn't have the Twisted Metal IP behind it.

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
Destruction All-Stars might not have clicked with people, but it's a well-made game with a fun loop and great animation. These are clearly talented developers. If it had been Playstation Destruction All-Stars, using Sony IP's, I think it would have done a lot better.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I wonder if they'll model the driving after something like Fortnite, where the stick just moves the car outright, freeing up the triggers for shooting.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
I never gave their game a shot after the tepid response it received from folks. Didn't seem worth the time. I'm probably less interested in Twisted Metal than Destruction All-Stars.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
There's a Twisted Metal TV show coming out too, right? Seems like it's bound to happen then.

JCmasta

Banned
Aug 31, 2020
Uhmmm…Twisted Metal wouldn't be considered anywhere near "Flagship" status these days. Even "AAA" would be pushing it.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
What about a MotorStorm in the vein of a Forza Horizon competitor? Sony doesn't really have anything like that currently.

JCmasta

Banned
Aug 31, 2020
If it's a racing game, then the only flagship worthy title is Gran Turismo. If Polyphony allows it, then I can see them working on Gran Turismo: Horizon to compete with Forza.

Deleted member 95442

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2021
I thought it was already known that they are working on Twisted Metal?

I am curious if they will have a Destruction mode in there and wrap the current game (Destruction All Stars) in that, or just abandon it.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
The flagship comments are weird, flagship doesn't have to mean current, just an important IP that they own. Twisted Metal is an iconic PlayStation series, it would easily fit.

Reminder that the description is written by the Lucid Games employee on his LinkedIn job description, and name me the last time you didn't fluff up your resume with big fancy words.

Also that.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Reminder that the description is written by the Lucid Games employee on his LinkedIn job description, and name me the last time you didn't fluff up your resume with big fancy words.

JAY_HORROR

Sep 27, 2021
Thought this common knowledge already. Still not to sure about Lucid hope they took the feedback from Destruction All Stars

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
DAS would have been way more fun as a Twisted Metal, so this is great to hear if it is actually happening.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
What about a MotorStorm in the vein of a Forza Horizon competitor? Sony doesn't really have anything like that currently.

If there's racers I want brought back it's certainly Motorstorm, Motorstorm and Destruction Derby.

The Motorstorm games looked amazing back on the PS3 and we didn't get any on the PS4. A motorstorm build just for the PS5 can be something amazing.

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
Destruction Allstars was really really average, let's hope they do Twisted Metal the justice it deserves.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully with more content than all stars. That game was fun for like an hour

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
The team that did the game that I was hoping to be Twisted Metal....is possibly doing Twisted Metal.

I am so ready for this. Despite the complaints, I like Destruction All Stars.