• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Is the show any good? Been popping up everywhere on Netflix.

seasons 1 & 2 are fantastic, season 3 drags a lot in the middle and is too long (26 episodes! vs 10-13 of the rest) and imo season 3 (continued with s4) turns a bit more into a rom-com than the original "The Devil wants to party and solve crimes on Earth" shtick, but its just gonna be a personal preference which you like more.

100% worth a watch though, its also one of the very few non reality shows my wife and I watch together as our TV tastes are wildly different. Literally a netflix and chill lol

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
5 seasons is a good run for any series really. Nice that they can at least plan an ending.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Be happy y'all are getting an ending and a full season to boot. Not all shows get that.

Oct 27, 2017
Good. Hopefully we get a more faithful adaptation of the source material in the future. Shame the show completely shit all over the mythos of the comic.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you Netflix. It never would have ended proper otherwise. It might still not, but it's nice to know the writers know.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Hell Yea!

Good. Hopefully we get a more faithful adaptation of the source material in the future. Shame the show completely shit all over the mythos of the comic.
Yea I agree. I liked when then tried to lean more into it in S4, but I did see them say that they didnt want to stray too far from what the show was on Cable.

Oct 27, 2017
Hell Yea!

Yea I agree. I liked when then tried to lean more into it in S4, but I did see them say that they didnt want to stray too far from what the show was on Cable.
I really tried to get into it in the beginning. I even tried to go into separating it from the source material but I just couldn't. I would've at least appreciated it if they would have bothered to get the characterization of Lucifer, but they decided to turn him into an annoying child.

The police procedural stuff just doesn't make any sense to me. Why would a 10+ billion year old abstract entity give a shit about solving cases for the LAPD?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I really tried to get into it in the beginning. I even tried to go into separating it from the source material but I just couldn't. I would've at least appreciated it if they would have bothered to get the characterization of Lucifer, but they decided to turn him into an annoying child.

The police procedural stuff just doesn't make any sense to me. Why would a 10+ billion year old abstract entity give a shit about solving cases for the LAPD?
It gets a lot better imo. The police procedural is weird, but I think they had to frame the show around it just to get it on tv lol. Then when people started to really like the show, they couldnt just drop it. Which is a shame since other shows have dropped their procedural aspects in the past and were better for it, like Person of Interest.

How far did you make it through btw?

Oct 27, 2017
I was pretty much on-and-off for the first two seasons. Skipped all of three when I heard it was getting worse and tried to give four a chance but it was basically more of the same. Fox was never the right network for a faithful adaptation and once Netflix got it it was too late for any significant change.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Watch the last like 4 or 5 episodes of S3. Not the extra 2 episodes they added after it aired. S4 gets better as it goes on, and by the end its the closest its ever been to the source.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I'm happy this series gets to conclude on its own terms.
Now I just need to force myself through the rest of season 3 :/

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't his job more to tempt people into doing evil deeds?
His job is to neither punish nor tempt as it doesn't benefit him in any meaningful way. At the end of the day, his main itinerary is achieving free will from his father's plan. I'm not sure what the hell the TV version of the character wants since he wastes most of his time solving cases-of-the-week.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
S4 was great. If S5 is at least that good, it'll go out on a wonderful high note.

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
This is good news.

I enjoyed this show far, far more than I ever thought I would when my partner first made me watch it with her.

Having a proper final season after how efficient and good quality S4 was feels like this show is getting what it deserves and we can all hopefully be satisfied when it ends.

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did season 4 on Netflix not do well? Sad that they only green lit one more season :( still, happy Netflix picked it up in the first place.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
I dropped it after season 2 ended but I enjoyed it. My gf is the only one who kept watching it but I think it's mostly due to the guy who plays Lucifer. Lol.