• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
oh thank god.....Thank Lucifer???

10 episodes is great, I'll take whatever I can get and a down and dirty 10 episodes of Chloe knowing the truth is fine and great with me.

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
So happy that Netflix picked it up. Like has been said a 10 episode season is just what these show runners and writers need especially after how nonsensical and terrible most of last season was.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Thank Satan Netflix! 10 episodes will hopefully improve the pacing issues.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did not see that coming, but it's great!

Hey Netflix! As long as you're looking at Fox/ WB shows that were cancelled... There's a little thing there called Almost Human.

Get please!

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Can they please move away from the police procedural now that they have Netflix money?
The police procedural was obviously a way to keep the show cheap while still being able to do some Lucifer stuff.

Mighty Chin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This whole series is filler episodes. Not enough mystical aspects of the show. Endless procedural episodes with very little Angel/Demon storylines.

I'm glad it will get a proper finish though. My wife and I like the show.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm afraid it's true... they love their filler.
Without that aspect... the show would feel too much like other fantasy comic book shows

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I've continued to overlook this OT, I thought I have it watched but I guess not. YAY Netflix save! I do hope that without the confines and demands of broadcast TV the show will shift focus away a bit from the cop procedural stuff.

I liked the two EPs, I'm not sure, even if it was designed as such, to consider the first one filler seeing as it covered some of Ella's past and introduced Azrael which I hope the door is open to expand upon. The second one was a cool "what if" and the best part was getting Neil Gaiman to voice God.

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
Cross post from the Netflix Saves thread.

So glad the show was saved even though the last season was mostly terrible. I think a lot of the problems with the show were due to restraints from being on Fox. I'm optimistic for next season with Netflix taking over and Chloe FINALLY knowing.

The only concerns I have are something I read about the writers setting up the cliffhanger to avoid being cancled. If that's true then that fact on top of how bad season 3 went really shakes my confidence in the show runners. Also, one of the reasons I fell in love with the show was because of how light and fun the characters and show is in general. Talk of season 4 being dark right after Chloe finding out the truth is a little worrying.

All that said, I'm at least glad we get one more season with Chloe knowing everything. If the show can't get back to form with the asssumed freedom they will have on Netflix, then it can die and stay dead.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With the finale... there is not much wonder left in the show... the show could end next season, as long as they are prepared for it

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finally forced myself through the first bonus episode... it was a huge waste of time until the very end... and even then... THAT'S what you do with this reveal?

I remember this actress from the last season of House MD, and a lot of people didn't like her character

She's playing... this big deal... wat... it's like the show doesn't give a fuck anymore lol

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But I will say this 2nd ep... I am only about a quarter way through, is way way more entertaining and an awesome concept

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finished the 2nd ep

Definetly way better than the previous

The use of the WB studio set is always fun

The reference of one of Chloe's movies looking like Vancouver lol

The idea that "God" aka Neil Gaiman narrating that even though he changed one small event, to cause different outcomes... some people are destined to be pulled toward something as a person and still be the same to some degree

Call it an Elseworld story with "God".

IF we have explored this Elseworld concept now... it's totally possible for alternate realities/dimensions now to do a big crossover with other DC/WB shows.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't the biggest fan of her in House, but I thought she was entertaining enough in this.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am the opposite... I liked her more on House, and disliked her spazzy geeky behavior here... this is supposed to be the Angel of Death..... I mean, appearances aside, her personality doesn't really make me think of one of God's avenging angels in the slightest

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Some more details of Lucifer Season 4 - https://tvline.com/2018/06/18/lucifer-season-4-renewed-netflix-episode-count-start-date-comic-con/

They've confirmed 10 episodes have been ordered and that doesn't include the two that already aired. Apparently it's going to encompass the first half of what was going to be season 4 on Fox if it had have been renewed, since the season was going to be in two parts anyway. Episodes will still be the usual 43mins, give or take depending on cuts.

iapetus

Oct 26, 2017
I am the opposite... I liked her more on House, and disliked her spazzy geeky behavior here... this is supposed to be the Angel of Death..... I mean, appearances aside, her personality doesn't really make me think of one of God's avenging angels in the slightest

Yeah, can I assume you're not so familiar with the original source material?

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
pTVxWFu.jpg

Thrilling Eve! 'Lucifer' Casts Inbar Lavi as the First Lady of Eden

Also, Ellis getting shredded for Season 4.

• officialtomellis3 months of Training. 2 hours a day. 6 days a week. A tailored diet and more water than I've ever drank has got me almost to my goal. Thank you @paolomascitti for your encouragement and motivation. Cant believe I actually enjoy the gym now. Nearly there #DevilTraining