• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Predictable drama and ending with more emo Lucifer and fucking with Chloe's emotions
Poor thing is a piece of meat amidst this whole thing

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017
I'm done. I'm done with the show. It's boring as hell and I have no idea why I stuck with it for this long.

How do you make a show about the DEVIL boring? You make it a police procedural. The only hook this show has is the supernatural angle and the writing just isn't good enough to keep my anymore.

Also the fucking SINNERMAN...they didn't play Sinnerman once...ONCE!

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder when Lucifer is going to stop being her partner,we all know its going to happen sooner or later.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I like the show, but honestly if it wasn't for Tom Ellis, I would have dropped the show long ago. The divine and supernatural stuff keep me watching but it kinda got away from that. Made Lucifer a idiot over the course of seasons. Season 1 he was menacing and actually struck fear in Maze, now she runs the show. Hope next season they go back to more supernatural stuff and little more darker. Introduce more Angels who are now like...okay, enough is enough you need to get back to Hell because the inmates are running the asylum. It really feels like the trains never stop and it doesn't need a warden.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
I dropped the show also. They had a good mix of entertaining procedural and good storyline before but now the story just kinda sucks and the characters and procedural aspect just can't carry the show.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The show knows it's audience and its certainly not comic book fans of the property it's based on

OP
OP
sabrina

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
It feels like the procedural stuff isn't even written as procedural, because I couldn't care less about the ins and outs of whodunnit. It's only there to mirror whatever emotional situation Lucy is going through, not to be a compelling mystery.

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
Yeah, count me in the group that's more a fan of the divine and supernatural stuff. I've always tolerated the procedural stuff because it was funny a good way to see the interactions between the characters, but now it seems that's all we are getting with the same oold Lucifer whining daddy issues. Speaking of, how Lucifer keeps relating everything back to him is getting really old and boring. It's like he's not learning anything and just keeps toying with Chloe over and over again. This recent episode was the worst in that regard.

I'm gonna stick with the show because I love the premise, but man it's getting hard. It's dropping from one of my favorite, shut your brain off and enjoy pleasures to being a chore to get through.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Last week's episode was pretty good, I thought. From the sounds of it, looks like I can skip this week. I hope they manage to turn it around, because I do like the show. This Cain storyline is the shits and should not have been the focus for so long.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Think I'm done too. This is garbage. This season has completely flanderized Lucifer.

Predictable drama and ending with more emo Lucifer and fucking with Chloe's emotions
Poor thing is a piece of meat amidst this whole thing
Yup. The writing isn't just bad for Lucifer, though there's obviously that. The writing for Chloe also took a turn for the worse. Like she'd say yes to marriage after dating a messed up guy a few times? Cheese, sappy, forced drama.

Made Lucifer a idiot over the course of seasons. Season 1 he was menacing and actually struck fear in Maze, now she runs the show.
Yup. Boy do I miss this Lucifer. I wouldn't mind that if it meant we got to see more of Maze, but even she is relegated to being annoying and emo, instead of actually badass.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Think I'm done too. This is garbage. This season has completely flanderized Lucifer.

Yup. The writing isn't just bad for Lucifer, though there's obviously that. The writing for Chloe also took a turn for the worse. Like she'd say yes to marriage after dating a messed up guy a few times? Cheese, sappy, forced drama.

Yup. Boy do I miss this Lucifer. I wouldn't mind that if it meant we got to see more of Maze, but even she is relegated to being annoying and emo, instead of actually badass.
I wonder will Lucifer snap. He needs to get control of himself at this point.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Lucy working with Dan should be funny.
Lucifer 3x22 "All Hands on Decker" Season 3 Episode 22 Promo - When Chloe takes some time off, Lucifer is forced to work with Dan on a murder case involving a dog show. Meanwhile, Charlotte and Maze have differing ideas for Chloe's party and after a wild night, Chloe rethinks a life-changing decision

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when this show didn't spend every episode with the Lucifer/Chloe relationship thing being the main part? I'm almost done with this show.

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have tried to like this show.
I have been able to forgive the atrocities that they have committed compared to a great comic series.
What I am fed up and tired of is the will they won't they horse shit that kills every show. I call it the Castle effect.
The cast is fantastic, everyone is great. But I am sick of the Lucifer - Chloe pulling the rug out week after week.
Then what will happen is that she will finally find out the truth and everything will be great and then something happens to make her lose her memory and we start all over again.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Other than it's always fun to watch Dan and Luci team up
Back to status quo...
Marriage and breakups only take 1 ep each to resolve
What tension is left except they will eventually get together and then what will the show be... just awful

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Actually really liked the episode. It moved forward a bit and I really loved the ending and how Amenadiel said,"lets go home" I look forward to see what is going to happen going forward.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
Lucifer is still annoying and unfunny. There's something going very wrong with the show when I would rather it spend more time with pretty much anyone other than its titular character. The ending of that episode was interesting though. For the first time in what feels like ages I'm actually looking forward to the next episode.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've never been that interested in Charlotte as a character, so her death means little to me
but it was cool to see Amenediel get his wings to fly her soul to Heaven
And well.... Chloe and Lucifer, that whole thing again... you're not the devil to me... typical bad boy/good girl fodder
Even if they get together... will he suddenly stop being the ruler of Hell and be reunited with his Father
You cannot change a dynamic that existentially large

Oct 27, 2017
Ive watched season 1 and 2 and Chloe is fucking stupid.

They literally traveled faster than any human could in a blink of an eye. He was right next to you one second and then he was at the bottom of the pier about 20 ft away from you.

Where are the red flags you fucking moron? For such an amazing detective you're complete fucking trash....

Well, time to start season 3.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Season 2 of Blu-ray has been long elusive until probably the last month in Canada. I debated whether to order it or not...

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
They killed Tricia Helfer....again ! So mad about it. Then again I guess in hindsight her character was being set up for this with the whole "I don't wanna go back to hell" thing.

HellBlazer

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
"I can't show you, so I'll tell you." Show her your fucking wings! Jesus Christ. He did it for Charlotte just a few episodes ago. How are the writers ignoring such a giant plot hole since the beginning of the season? Ugh. That and Lucifer was once again in full "I am a complete alien who has no idea how people behave despite living in LA for years" mode this episode.

But anyway.

At least we're moving on. I hope Lucifer doesn't change his mind about Chloe next episode for some new silly reason. I didn't care that much for Charlotte's character, but she did have some interesting development lately, so it's a little sad to see her go. It makes sense plot-wise, though. What doesn't make sense is Pierce's motivations. He was so desperate to die, then he changes his mind because of Chloe... and now that he can't be with her, he wants to go back to being immortal and be miserable for all eternity? What?

Oct 27, 2017
"I can't show you, so I'll tell you." Show her your fucking wings! Jesus Christ. He did it for Charlotte just a few episodes ago. How are the writers ignoring such a giant plot hole since the beginning of the season? Ugh. That and Lucifer was once again in full "I am a complete alien who has no idea how people behave despite living in LA for years" mode this episode.

But anyway.

At least we're moving on. I hope Lucifer doesn't change his mind about Chloe next episode for some new silly reason. I didn't care that much for Charlotte's character, but she did have some interesting development lately, so it's a little sad to see her go. It makes sense plot-wise, though. What doesn't make sense is Pierce's motivations. He was so desperate to die, then he changes his mind because of Chloe... and now that he can't be with her, he wants to go back to being immortal and be miserable for all eternity? What?
Yeah I don't get thst either. He wanted to die sooo bad before.

OP
OP
sabrina

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
I assumed they would wrap everything up neatly, have Pierce get caught for the murder of Charlotte, but no that'll probably get dragged out for several episodes next seasons :|

if Deckerstar doesn't last then I'm officially quitting this show

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is Lucifer still thinking about his nightmare that when he does show his wings, it scares Chloe so much she runs away to her death
That's why he can only say shit like... I am the Devil... but not show her any divine properties

Tom Ellis interview says he hopes for a Darker season 4... you and me both... perhaps not just darker, but dwelve more hardcore into the divine lore

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Me and the wife have slowly been working our way through this show for the last month or two and are finally caught up and absolutely love the show.

I haven't read any of the comics so I can't compare to them but as a show its so much better then you would initially think. While it is most often a typical procedural cop show the emotional journey and revelations the characters go through are fantastic.

As someone who knows the damage that bad parenting can do to a person the way they portray lucifer and his brother are both incredible and really well written. The damage that their upbringing has caused is handled very well and is really heartfelt. Lucifer revealing his devil face to Linda and the reaction both he and her had was masterful.

The last episodes ending had both me and the wife in tears, not only lucifer getting accepted by chloe but Charlotte getting killed and amen. Choosing his path and getting his wings back just to make sure Charlotte went to heaven was heartbreaking.

I think that this season ends with lucifer having to kill pierce and having reclaimed his devil face, all for chloe to see and finally understand that he was telling the truth the whole time.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
It better or I swear I'm done with the show :P
I'm pretty sure it will. Lucifer seeing that amenadiel was right and they can choose their path that he will want revenge on pierce and choose to embrace his dark side and get his devil face back in the process.

Chloe will find out because it will be the true test of her accepting who lucifer is. The fallout will be what drives next season plus more I assume.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Show still sucks, but Tom Ellis's hawtness still keeps me tuning in. I just can't quit you, Tom. Lol

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So if Luci gets his devil face back, does that mean he can finally send Maze home to Hell, and then she'll have a change of Heart too :P

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Well it depends on what pierce has done to maze.

He could have killed her but if not she will either realise how much she is cared for and want to stay or Lucy will willingly fly her down.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Cain and Maze's motivations are completely nonsensical and inconsistent lately. :\

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Show really is spinning it's wheels creatively already
Dreaded season 3 curse for DC shows

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Welp. Might be for the best, to be honest. S1-2 had a good run but S3 was borderline disastrous. Better kill it before it degenerates even more?

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As I stated in the other thread, the show was not in a good place anyways as I see the kind of show they wanted to make... a boring procedural with rom com bullshit with Luci and Chloe

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've soured on a show quite like this before. I loved this show till this season.

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
It's shame they didn't get a chance to redeem themselves after the disaster this season has been. Oh well. Maybe someone else will pick it up and reboot it.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
That sucks. The latter half of this season was hit or miss but I still enjoyed the earlier episodes like the sinner man ones. I hope at least they had enough notice to write a decent ending... (Not hopeful though....)

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I wanted at least 1 season of Chloe knowing for sure Lucifer what exactly what he said he was. It doesn't look like we are getting that and with 1 episode left its pretty hard to expect them to actually clear anything up on why chloe is special and what God's plan was for her and lucifer.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I liked Amenediel's idea that God doesn't ask anything of anyone and fate is decided by individuals but thats completely overturned by the fact that Amenediel has stated multiple times that God ASKED him to "divinely bless" Chloe's mom so Chloe is conceived, completely contradicting the idea that God is hands off.

Its a bummer the show is cancelled but each season has been getting worse and worse and this season is tragically bad the last few episodes, it'll be missed but I look forward to whatever new shows the cast gets into, especially Tom and Dan and the good doctor and Maze. Not sure how to feel about Chloe, she didn't seem to have a lot of range as an actress or maybe it was the writing?