• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the producers have already said that it's going to end on a massive cliffhanger lol.

Well RIP.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the last episode...man fuck the show runners for waiting this long to do this episode. Had this episode happened around the mid way point of the season, this show wouldn't have collapsed like this.

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
I haven't read the comics, but I think someone (Amazon, Netflix, etc) could make a real decent show tied closer to the comics. That's what I'm hoping for.

Mitsuvera

Oct 25, 2017
Of course it got cancelled, they f*cked it up.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I believe the episode airs tonight in Canada, so spoilers for the episode are out in the wild. Man I really wished someone would have saved it for 13 episode final season. But all we will have in the final 42 minutes.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
It really should have ended like that with season 2. Then a full season with Chloe knowing and coming to grips with it and finding out god plan for her.

next bit if for the people who have seen the episode or have read the spoilers.
Really after the season only 2 people really got a send off, Amenadiel and Charlotte. They both got to go to the Silver City. Happy ever after for them. I really want to see a season with Chloe knowing, knowing next season was going to be THE season it happened really bums me out so much.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Yeeaahhh, that ending. Where was that months and months ago lol.
So to the people who have seen the episode already, no spoilers but is it at least a good episode?
It's still worth watching despite the fact we know it's not going to get a continuation I'd say. (unless some miracle happens, anyway)

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
At least the show ended with two great episodes after floundering most of the season.. but that cliffhanger is going to sting.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
fox seems to be cancelling so many projects they have. i wonder if the rating is really that low or people`s way of watching tv has changed

BigWeather

Nov 4, 2017
I think that was the best of all the possible cliffhangers.
Others adjusted to the truth, I have no doubt that Chloe would too. After some time; say a season. =)

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Sadly that is now the show ends, but it ended on a high note. We got what we wanted, Chloe knows everything he has ever said was truth and we can take some solace in knowing that, also with the fact that Charlotte made a selfless choice and got a happy ending along with Amenadiel.

Seventh

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Was actually a good ending to the series

Chloe knowing the truth about Lucifer going forwards would have been pretty dull tbh.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking hell that ending... they went out with a pretty good one too

Damn cancellation freaks at FOX...

iapetus

Oct 26, 2017
There are other episodes filmed. Including one with God in it.

Played by Neil Gaiman

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
There are other episodes filmed. Including one with God in it.

Played by Neil Gaiman

Oh hell.
They really should have kept the season going then.
Gaiman is also fighting for it to keep going.
If the episodes are already filmed doesnt Fox have an online platform the can release them on if not directly on TV.

https://www.cbr.com/neil-gaiman-urges-fox-to-renew-lucifer/

Didnt the actress who plays Maze also reveal that there was gonna be a very comic inspired view of Maz in the show.....I had been waiting for the episode for so long and it seems like i will never see it. Unless I missed it somehow.

lucifer-dc-tv-show-mazikeen-casting.jpg

DZZvAkjU0AAxVua.jpg

DZblY1pVwAAADpn.jpg

As a South African I always loved seeing Lesley-Ann on TV.
I hope she gets another role soon.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
God damn (pun intended) does it hurt that the show is now over, such a great episode and exactly how i called it happening.

Lucifer busting out his wings as a shield was a real nice touch, plus him using them as weapons was cool too.

So sad to know that we won't get to see where the show goes from here. Binging this show over the last month or two was such a surprising treat, the way they handled the characters and how they were written was really well done and the overcoming of lucifers past was done at an appropriate pace I felt to feel earned.

I will miss this show that's for sure.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do have a minor thing I had a slight issue with... Chloe's reaction to Lucifer's devil face was a bit too chill for me...

OP
OP
sabrina

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Do have a minor thing I had a slight issue with... Chloe's reaction to Lucifer's devil face was a bit too chill for me...
The brunt of her reaction happened outside when she was on the phone. By the time she saw Luci's devil face she had already accepted that he's Lucifer, I think. Plus it's far from the first time something supernatural has happened right in front of her.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The brunt of her reaction happened outside when she was on the phone. By the time she saw Luci's devil face she had already accepted that he's Lucifer, I think. Plus it's far from the first time something supernatural has happened right in front of her.
Eh... still... the Devil's face by default should instill the most primal deepest darkest fear, even if she did accept something was off about him... it would not sufficiently prepare for what she saw... but alas. Too late.

On the good news... my Lucifer season 2 blu ray arrived in the mail today.

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
My wife who barely watches the show was pissed. She's like "So she didn't know until then?" I'm like nope "She's like so what happens next what is she going to do?" I'm like "Honey it's over" She's like "but what about next week?" I'm like "Dear THAT WAS IT!!! THAT WAS THE FINALE. IT'S OVER :'("

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I liked Amenediel's idea that God doesn't ask anything of anyone and fate is decided by individuals but thats completely overturned by the fact that Amenediel has stated multiple times that God ASKED him to "divinely bless" Chloe's mom so Chloe is conceived, completely contradicting the idea that God is hands off.
I think that one act made Amenidiel believe that everything he did was part of God's plan. He based everything on that flawed ideal for most of the series until the end when he understood free will.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Well, it's over. If that had been the end of S2, S3 sure would have had all of the ratings, but nooo. Sigh, dammit writers.

At least it ended with Lucifer with his angry red eyes. <3

Plus she clearly has a special bond (whether due to her feelings for him, or that angelic blessing blah blah, who knows).

HellBlazer

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Welp, this sucks. There's a lot of potential in a fourth season, and the show is really good when it's at its best but... what can I say, they dropped the ball with the writing this season, and it shows in the ratings. We can't entirely blame Fox for this.

There's a fan campaign to find the show a new home on another network. I'm not sure if that can work, but I guess we can hope. There are two more episodes that were filmed that were being saved for season 4. The showrunner says that Fox still intends to air them, last he heard, though he doesn't know when. Interesting... but I guess they would be standalone episodes that don't advance the plot, like we had a few from season 2 in season 3 (and I still think that really hurt the flow of the season).

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Holy shit that finale, I can't believe those utter bastards have cancelled the show. We've been waiting for this moment for so long and didn't even get to enjoy it.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It might have helped if they didn't do the ridiculous "2-3 new episodes, 5 week break" scheduling the whole season.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fox was like... we are not dragging this shit out for several seasons... the will they won't they... only to realize they were already going to deal with it but then it was too late

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I don't know what possesses people to give their show, that they know is getting middling at best ratings a fucking cliffhanger. How often has a network actually bothered giving something another season because of it? I'm guessing zero or pretty damn close to it. Maybe the idea was to push WB to produce another season regardless of it being on Fox or something since I would imagine that damages the potential value of it but it's still remarkably stupid.