• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what possesses people to give their show, that they know is getting middling at best ratings a fucking cliffhanger. How often has a network actually bothered giving something another season because of it? I'm guessing zero or pretty damn close to it.
The only one I can think of is Farscape, and that was just a two-part mini-series.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Lucifer busting into the building with his wings was fantastic. Reminded me of Thor at the end of Ragnarok.

I'm sure this show doesn't have a huge budget, but more of that could have easily generated more buzz for the show. This season was 90% a bore with it just spinning its wheels. Even with a few good episodes here and there, the lack of forward story progress and lack of any interesting angel/Bible stuff just made me lose interest.

Would be nice at the very least to get a TV movie finale or something (like the Psych reunion).

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
On the topic of Chloe's reaction I agree that it seemed a little off and she didn't seem shocked enough to me. The best reaction hands down was Linda's reaction. I thought we were going to get something like that.

I'm becoming more and more on the side of the show needs to find a new home and get another shot. All shows have a down season. With Chloe finally knowing , the show has a good chance or rebounding with all the possibilities the reveal opens up.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you!

This is not Beauty and the Beast here... where she sees past his horrible visage and "loves him for who he really is" bullshit. Please.
You gotta have an initial HOLY SHIT WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FACE moment

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I think chloe reacted exactly as she should do.

She has been around lucifer more then anyone and has seen situations that she could never answer but always knew where suspect.

Her accepting her feelings for him and him saving her in the finale in such a impossible way was enough to admit to herself that it was true.

Her initial reaction was just the confirmation that it was real so a little subdued but as time went on she realised what the actual connotations were because of it - heaven and hell are real and the man she loves actually is the devil.

You could see that realisation deepen on her face and I would only imagine that next season she would have some real issues coming to terms with it. Maybe not for the whole season but at least until a bigger bad comes along.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I agree, I think Chloe not reacting in complete terror like Linda (or other people who saw his face) makes perfect for her character.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the final episode and it was a treat to watch despite fucking YouTube spoiling me what happens at the end in their shitty trends...

I really, really hope the show will find a new home for a final season :(

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
Read an article today that makes it pretty clear CW is not interested in picking up the show. :-/ Not looking good so far.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CW already has way way too many DC shows, the schedule is a nightmare to figure out for them
I am sure it's not because they think the show sucks

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Yeah, I was hyped in the Cancelled thread and read the last paragraph where it talks about how they are not connected and made them early as stand alone. They did the same thing in season 2 where they made 3 episodes for season 3 and it showed how disconnected they are when you can clearly tell as in 1 episode chloe was mad at lucifer and the next episode she was acting like nothing happened. Whatever, we are getting 2 extra episodes and that is good enough for me and ill work the episodes into the head cannon someway.

HellBlazer

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Looks like the two episodes they filmed that were going to air during season 4 will instead air next Monday:

https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/05/lucifer-two-hour-bonus-episode-airdate.html?m=1

We knew about Neil Gaiman as the voice of God, but now also "Charlyne Yi as Ray-Ray/Azreal"? Another angel? Interesting... They didn't think it would be more appealing for viewers to have this kind of plot elements in the regular season? *sigh* That second episode sounds pretty crazy.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CW budgets are significantly less than Fox budgets. You wouldn't want to see what they'd have to do to this show to get it there.
The show is not typically special f/x heavy for a show with it subject matter... they could go a long way without using CG, and just use lots of practical effects and makeup.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Alternate episode was def the better of the 2 and it was good to see an alt take on things. No matter what, the universe wants them together. I'll take that as a final episode of the series because lets face it, no one is saving this show. Good to have Neil on and be God that was great.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why they made these episodes, it isn't a prequel (I'm watching the first one atm) so what was the point of it? And they were going to release this next season? Kind of shows the problem with the show i.e. they make too much filler to pad things out after they do any sort of reveal. Also their production/release schedule was always terrible with 2 episodes in then 2 weeks break several times in a season.

Lucifer did have decent numbers so I don't know why it got cancelled but even if it doesn't get picked up I'm fine with it because I wasn't invested in the show as much as I was in The Expanse which I'm glad got saved by amazon itself and now that show is in a much better place than it ever was before.

Last edited:

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why they made these episodes, it isn't a prequel (I'm watching the first one atm) so what was the point of it? And they were going to release this next season? Kind of shows the problem with the show i.e. they make too much filler to pad things out after they do any sort of reveal. Also their production/release schedule was always terrible with 2 episodes in then 2 weeks break several times in a season.

Lucifer did have decent numbers so I don't know why it got cancelled but even if it doesn't get picked up I'm fine with it because I wasn't invested in the show as much as I was in The Expanse which I'm glad got saved by amazon itself and now that show is in a much better place than it ever was before.
The problem is Fox more than the producers, if you ask me. Back with season 2, the season was only going to be short but they ordered more episodes. Unfortunately Fox decided they couldn't schedule 6 of them iirc. Some of them already got shown in Season 3, hence why we got quite a few odd episodes which didn't fit in the timeline. I was under the impression these 2 were part of that as well, but again was cut due to scheduling.

I don't think we can really blame producers for all of these scheduling issues, really.

As for why it got cancelled, Fox seems to be rebranding itself. Their upfront was all about "New Fox", which involves them having gotten the rights to air american football and wrestling which is taking up two nights of their scheduling now. Lucifer got cut for that. =/ Not going to lie, as someone who isn't American, I'm kind of bewildered why they don't have a dedicated sports channel for that stuff, but what do I know I guess.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Isn't it super-standard to release a TV show's season as "The complete Xth season"? I've seen this time and time again. This doesn't mean much...

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Isn't it super-standard to release a TV show's season as "The complete Xth season"? I've seen this time and time again. This doesn't mean much...

Yes absolutely except for in this case the artwirk just a day ago listed it as the final season. It's not very often that artwork gets changed just like that. It could end up being nothing at all but I am still hoping we get a season 4 elsewhere.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm checkin to say..> I have both eps on my computer, but I can barely get past the first one with Ella and her "ghost" friend cuz it's pretty boring... the very definition of a filler ep

Hoping to comment more when I get done both, but who knows when that will be

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
Man the possibilities that the end of the "Ghost" episode laid out. Just imagining the episodes where Ella finds out about Lucifer and then finds out about her "ghost". SMH.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
"Ray-ray" was that weirdo from House right? She was great, a season 4 with her as recurring character would be really cool.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
I thought both of those episodes were good. The show really shined when it broke out of its regular formula.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Oh come of those 2 were fantastic :( Ella is like his little sister at this point .

Lots of interesting back story too, it cant end like this.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon is unstoppable
Jeff Bezos is like a clearance sale shopper lol.

source.gif

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
He's sure as shit dragging his heels on this one. But it's a severe step down from The Expanse so that's to be expected.
He probably doesn't want to establish an image that he's the hand of providence for every show that gets cancelled. Got to make them sweat a little. I'd also be cautious as well with the intentional shit the writers pulled the ending in order to stave off cancellation.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
As much as I want it to be saved, if that was the ending of the show I'm fine with it. It just seems like its a lost cause at this point. If we have to wait for Monday then I expect it to not happen. I never watched The Expanse but from the sound of it that seemed like a Jeff Bezos loved the show and when he had the chance to save it he jumped on it. With Lucifer it doesn't seem like that passion is there, like its a....if it makes me this many dollars and costs this many, then I'll get it.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I saw that news before, really do hope Amazon pick it up. Not holding out too much hope though. Don't want to be burned.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So pretty soon Lucifer is gonna have tons of Amazon plugs and references in their eps
Ella: This man was expecting death. He must have been killed by the courier. This is why the internet sucks. We should be supporting local businesses!

Lucifer: Why buy from the high street when you can buy from the faceless entity online who tracks your every movement, right Detective?

Chloe: Better the devil you know, eh?

Douche: Looks like we've got a killer deal on Prime.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Ella: This man was expecting death. He must have been killed by the courier. This is why the internet sucks. We should be supporting local businesses!

Lucifer: Why buy from the high street when you can buy from the faceless entity online who tracks your every movement, right Detective?

....lol. That's actually believable dialogue too.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017

The lucifer bit 100% sounds like the character. I even hear his voice in my head as I read it lol.