• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
tvline.com

Lucifer Twist: Netflix Wants to Keep the Show Going Beyond ‘Final’ Season 5

Netflix is in talks to order more episodes of 'Lucifer,' extending the show's life beyond the previously announced fifth and final season

"TVLine has learned exclusively that Netflix is in talks with Warner Bros. Television to extend the hellacious drama's lifespan beyond the previously announced (and forthcoming) fifth and "final" season. Netflix and Warner Bros. have yet to comment on the Season 6 buzz."

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing Fox that he didn't exist

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they can pull off some insane Legends crossover if the show continues.

At the very least, a reference to Crisis.

One thing to keep in mind is that Crisis takes place before Season 1 of the show, apparently, so a reference to it would be pretty weird.

Constantine showing up could possibly be a thing, though.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
One thing to keep in mind is that Crisis takes place before Season 1 of the show, apparently, so a reference to it would be pretty weird.

Constantine showing up could possibly be a thing, though.

Yeah, any reference would need to be related to Constantine himself, I would think.

And considering that the Earth-Prime heroes have no idea that any of the other Earths came back, a real crossover is unlikely until that happens.

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
My very wild guess is that the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover cameo gave some kind of a bump in viewership for Lucifer on Netflix, so Netflix is now considering to do more Lucifer.

Fliep

Banned
Feb 13, 2018
I stopped watching mid season 3 (a few episodes after the surfer-episode, which was one of the worst). I like some of the characters and the series has its moments - even if they are rare. But overall there is too much (really) dumb policework and not enough main plot. There are too many episodes in one season and it drags a lot, sometimes there is barely any progression in the story for five episodes in a row. Instead I gotta watch some boring and bad written murder case and cheesy side-plot. They could totally cut the seasons runtime in half.

Sully

Oct 25, 2017
The show has been very up and down over its run but the recent Netflix produced season was its best yet. I'm open to this if they actually have somewhere to go with the characters and not just filler episodes and romance teases

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome, I'd love another season. It's a fun show.
My very wild guess is that the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover cameo gave some kind of a bump in viewership for Lucifer on Netflix, so Netflix is now considering to do more Lucifer.
The CW shows get pretty crappy ratings, I doubt they gave it much a boost.

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
I know, that's why I said some kind of a bump, like maybe a few hundred thousand of new viewers.

That being said, all five episodes in the last crossover were also the most watched ones for each of the current seasons in the Arrowverse.

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
No, let it end with some dignity, shows are allowed to be just given a solid ending and then stop. Milking it will just lead to another season 3

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I bailed on season 3. Got sick of it being 90% police procedural. Feels like a season that ditches that and focuses on the other stuff that felt like the comic might pull me back in.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I bailed on season 3. Got sick of it being 90% police procedural. Feels like a season that ditches that and focuses on the other stuff that felt like the comic might pull me back in.

Season 4 I hear is a lot better. That's when Netflix picked it up. Only 10 episodes so I think it's more focused. Have not seen it myself yet but my friend said it was the best season.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
It constantly surprises me how many people I know watch this show. It's never discussed like GOT or some other high profile show, but when it does come up people are usually like "yeah, I watch that".

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I found the first episode really rough, Lucifer wasn't really interesting or likeable and after iZombie I've had enough of police procedural with some the one weird character helping.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
I recently fell in complete and total love with this show. It's not the comics of course, but this Lucifer is so freaking broken and dark and I can't help but love him help.

Season 6 would be amazing.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the show gets renewed for Season 6, the showrunners will return as well.
tvline.com

Lucifer Bosses Officially on Board for Potential Season 6 at Netflix

'Lucifer' co-showrunners Ildy Modrovich and Joe Henderson have closed new deals to return for a potential sixth season at Netflix
If Lucifer returns for a sixth season at Netflix, it will do so with its primary creative team in tact.

TVLine has learned exclusively that co-showrunners Ildy Modrovich and Joe Henderson have closed new deals to remain at the helm of the death-defying drama for a potential Season 6. News of the pair's freshly inked pact paves the way for the series' official Season 6 renewal at Netflix, although one big obstacle remains: Leading man Tom Ellis does not yet have a deal to return. I'm told negotiations between the actor and Warner Bros. Television continue and all sides are expecting a positive outcome.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
If the show gets renewed for Season 6, the showrunners will return as well.
tvline.com

Lucifer Bosses Officially on Board for Potential Season 6 at Netflix

'Lucifer' co-showrunners Ildy Modrovich and Joe Henderson have closed new deals to return for a potential sixth season at Netflix

If all they need is to get Tom on board, this is as good as renewed. Unless Netflix tries to completely screw him on the contract he'll almost definitely come back. He loves the part.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Tom is officially on board. We good, fam!
tvline.com

Lucifer‘s Tom Ellis Finalizes Deal for Potential Season 6 at Netflix

Titular 'Lucifer' star Tom Ellis has finalized a deal to return for a potential sixth season at Netflix, TVLine has learned
7DsuSR6.png

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
Awesome! I trust the showrunners with the now condensed format on Netflix to put out a good season 6. Besides there's also some comic material they can tap into if need be right?

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Awesome, I'd love another season. It's a fun show.

CW cares less about live Nielsen ratings today because many of their shows do extremely well through DVR, streaming and internationally. The CW isn't paying a lot for their content because it's basically a vehicle for their owners (WB and CBS) to create content they can sell elsewhere, the network can lose money but it's more than made up from those other deals. They're not on it yet but the CW DC shows are surprisingly popular on Netflix which might have given Lucifer a significant boost.

I would not be at all shocked if Lucifer is revisited next season on, probably Legends of Tomorrow if Matt Ryan remains on it to set up something with Lucifer.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Pay that man his money! We need Lucifer now more than ever given our current earthen hellscape.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
A lot of co-workers at work only just binged the whole season recently due to corona. I just sent them this article and they are freaking out with excitement

Are 95% women and in love with Tom Ellis