• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Luigi or Gooigi?

• Luigi

Votes: 256 30.8%
  • Gooigi

Votes: 149 18.0%
  • Polterpup

Votes: 425 51.2%

• Total voters

RobotHaus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mars University
Anyone played this game in coop and would recommend it for a beginner?
I was thinking about playing it with my wife, can we play it together from start to finish?
She actually played more than half of Luigi's Mandion 2 on her own, so I guess she will
get the mechanics quickly and might enjoy this one too.
Just to add to this. I've been playing the whole game co-op with my fiance. She really likes the fact that she can never really die in this game, at worst she's just set back in a minor fashion. The controls needed to be tweaked a bit, but when we found out all the buttons are mapped to the shoulder buttons it made it a lot easier.

Nov 8, 2017
Beat it today and wow that was a surprisingly tough last couple battles compared to pretty much the rest of the game. Fantastic experience though and fun getting all gems and boos! Here's my ranking of top 3 best and worst floors. I didn't outright hate any of them though I did dislike FL 7 except for the one fun room (everyone will know which this is). Note this excludes any polterkitty stuff which is abysmal and I did hate those parts.

Top:
1. FL 10
2. FL 6
3. FL 8

Honorable mentions to FLs 11, 12, and 15.

Worst:
3. FL 3
2. B1
1. FL 7

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Didn't get to beat it before Pokemon released, so I'll still juggle the games.
I'm at the part after when you have to return to the B2 floor. That changed the rating I had on the floor. Second time around was much better and I enjoyed it. Then that plug in the music room finally had a purpose and that section was fun too. Things are really picking up now!

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I got this game for my kids and did not expect much from it having played 1 and finding it to be a fun rental but wow this game is really really good.

I especially love the variety of the levels and how they never overstay their welcome. Animation is also great and adds a ton of character.

Ohnooni

Oct 27, 2017
Just to add to this. I've been playing the whole game co-op with my fiance. She really likes the fact that she can never really die in this game, at worst she's just set back in a minor fashion. The controls needed to be tweaked a bit, but when we found out all the buttons are mapped to the shoulder buttons it made it a lot easier.
Ah I'll keep that in mind! Looks like the game will be a perfect fit for us to play co-op! Now I can't wait to get the game...

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
the last battle can fuck right off.

finally beat it, but fuck off. ;)

overall pretty good game but gets really frustrating and obtuse in the last third of the game.

Last edited:

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a knack to finding boos? My pro controller is vibrating like crazy and I'm spinning around as I walk but can't find anything - this example is the mezzanine but I've only found one boo so far

will probably just give up after completing the last two floors. Need to stop trying to 100% levels, it's incompatible with a big backlog

Nezumi

Oct 25, 2017
Hessen, Germany
So, will there be another game mechanic after you get the ability to find boos? Because even after being really thourough I always seem to miss at least one gem on the floors. Just up to floor 4 at the moment.

Toscado

Dec 22, 2018
Is there a knack to finding boos? My pro controller is vibrating like crazy and I'm spinning around as I walk but can't find anything - this example is the mezzanine but I've only found one boo so far

will probably just give up after completing the last two floors. Need to stop trying to 100% levels, it's incompatible with a big backlog
Got all the boos last night and my method was basically as follows:

- Enter a floor and follow the controller vibrations through the rooms of the floor
- This should lead to a room where the controller vibrates constantly. The music will change to a more dramatic, haunting piece - this is the room the boo is in
- Use Gooigi to walk around the room and near some objects - whenever he shakes the most is where the boo is hiding

I did have some instances where 2 objects were next to each other and it was basically 50-50 which one the boo was hiding in. For some objects I nudged them out of the way and into a corner which made it easier to identify.

Stevo

Jan 29, 2019
Bought yesterday. Started today. Got up to unlocking Gooigi. So far so good! Can't believe I forgot to check 3DS eShop for a Halloween sale on LM2 during October because I'd still like to play it as well.

amrum

Oct 28, 2017
Beat it today and wow that was a surprisingly tough last couple battles compared to pretty much the rest of the game. Fantastic experience though and fun getting all gems and boos! Here's my ranking of top 3 best and worst floors. I didn't outright hate any of them though I did dislike FL 7 except for the one fun room (everyone will know which this is). Note this excludes any polterkitty stuff which is abysmal and I did hate those parts.

Top:
1. FL 10
2. FL 6
3. FL 8

Honorable mentions to FLs 11, 12, and 15.

Worst:
3. FL 3
2. B1
1. FL 7

It's funny because floor 7 was my favourite one...

Deleted member 61326

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2019
Beat the game today with B ranking at 12 hours. Really liked it, but the last boss was bad. Especially since I found the controls to be poor while aiming, it was really frustrating trying to line it up. And at the third phase it was just a mess of mostly luck if you didn't get hit.

Overall though, easily the best game in the series!

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
You all are beating the game so fast. I'm 15 hours in and just beat B2. I did go through floors 1-6 a second time with a friend going gem hunting which took three hours or so. Have 47,000+ gold, more than enough for A-rank.
I have all the gems for two floors and all but 1 for the rest. I have no idea where they are, searched everywhere and for B2 in particular, the last section requires Gooigi but there is water in the way I can't remove.
Game might be my GotY, it's so charming with Luigi's animations. Game is very fun in co-op, haven't tried ScareScraper yet, but I plan to when I beat it.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Just got to the 15th floor. Quick question, will I be able to search for all the gems and boos im missing after beating the story? Just want to make sure not something I need to do before beating the final boss.

NetMapel

Oct 25, 2017

So, will there be another game mechanic after you get the ability to find boos? Because even after being really thourough I always seem to miss at least one gem on the floors. Just up to floor 4 at the moment.
Boo hunting works like this. After you've cleared that floor's boss, returning to that floor will generally start triggering your gooigi to vibrate the closer you are to a boo. In the room in which the boo is located, you will hear the dramatic background music change. The boo will be hidden in one of the objects located in that room and the closer you are to the right object, the more your gooigi will vibrate. Usually you interact with the object via X button to reveal the boo if chosen correctly. If you chose correctly, you begin the boo fight. If not, the boo will taunt you and then move on to another map in that floor. Rinse and repeat. As said before though, there are definitely occasions where it can feel like 50/50 if your gooigi is vibrating strongly between two close objects. Tough luck in those cases.

Andrew J

Oct 26, 2017
The Adirondacks
Beat this just now, took about ten hours. (With a healthy dose of walkthrough use, mind.)

Overall I really liked it. Biggest nitpick is that a few boss fights could have seriously used some lock-on.

Plum

May 31, 2018
There's a room in 10f with a spider's web on the wall and a fire in the corner. It comes after you escape some stairs.

What the fuck do I do? I must be missing something obvious because I've got no idea.

EDIT: Nevermind. Figured it out.

Jun 2, 2019
Finished the game the night right before Pokémon release and forgot to give my impressions, so i'll indulge myself in my words for a bit.

Well, this is basically the most impressive Switch game (As in, developed exclusively for Switch) i have played since i got it. I played Breath of the Wild and Mario Odissey 'til the end, i'm playing MarioxRabbids right now along with Pokémon and Smash Bros, and i'm not talking about the graphics and sound, but about the general experience.

The game seems to be designed like a playable CGI movie from start to finish, but keeping in mind its videogame nature, everything is interactuable and has some kind of physics, almost each floor has a new mechanic designed for it, like the sand or the buzzsaw, and the Gooigi puzzles sometimes made me put the game down and take a rest so i could think about them.

The setting is cohesive, but at the same time isn't, but still is. The general theme is a hotel, and sure it IS a hotel, but it's also a natural jungle, an egyptian tomb, a beach, a disco and a lot of things more but, and this is a great BUT, those are still setpieces and the game makes sure to acknowledge it, no magical starry skies or anything like that, it's almost as if NLG is making fun of that kind of games.

The sound is really great, i had to relisten the soundtrack to realize that, like on LM2, every single theme is a variation of the main one, everything has a distinct sound and Martinet is more memorable than ever. I swear we only have 2 modern Luigi's Mansion but now he has completely set Luigi's personality, his performance is *chef kiss*
Sadly the surround sound is nothing to write home about, but it works when it comes to the battles and the ghosts around you.

Speaking about that, while the controls are a mixed bag for me, the gameplay is outstanding, the critizised and feared slam mechanic helps a lot with the chaotical nature of the encounters (Something that has characterized the series from the very start) and it's also an outstanding tool for crowd control, both in the scarescraper and in the later floors of the game, when having battles agaisnt 5+ ghosts is very common.

The graphics... what can i say? Next Level Games are the bosses and THEY KNOW IT, they have created every nook and cranny of the hotel and are proud to show them to us, and those close shots of Luigi are proof that they know what they are the best at: THE ANIMATIONS. Holy shit Luigi is a joy to watch and every single animation is done really carefully, nothing automathised or let to chance. I'd really love to talk long about this but i'm still at loss of words, so i'll just leave my favorite screenshot

EJu2wFPXYAE9ttt

Oh, and also
I think that the final part of the game is absolutely genius. Rescuing Mario early gives Luigi a small boost of confidence (Even though he still wants to get him out of there first and foremost) and you get to see an impotent Mario that knows that only Luigi can rescue Peach. Well, you rescue her and the most furious Nintendo character i ever saw CRUSHES Luigi's as of now happy ending capturing them. It really is a shame that King boo doesn't appear more in the game, dude is as pissed as it gets, and in the final battle he's downright scary.

By the way, not everything's good, i have a few things to criticise here

- Some floors being literally boss battles is dissapointing, a few of them had perfect settings for a good old puzzle session.
- The changed behavior of the red ghosts made them really cumbersome to fight in the most crowded battles.
- Luigi's powers lack progression. In Luigi's Mansion 2 even after having all your powers you still could upgrade your poltergust using the money you got, sadly that doesn't happens here.
- Linkking to that, the Scarescrapper loses some of its usefulness because of that, also it feels somewhat worse this time. Netcode is robust as hell, i'll give them that.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
I finished it last night after a little over 15 hours, found all the Boos and most of the gems. I massively enjoyed it - a couple of puzzles here and there where obtuse, but generally I found messing around with your different abilities would usually hit on the solution if you were completely stuck.

I had no real negative issues with it. I loved the variety of the different floors, the boss ghosts were excellent, it's a stunning game and was mostly a joy to play start to finish. The attention to detail in the environments and animations was absolutely first-class, and I enjoyed the movie references throughout the game. I actually enjoyed the mixture of styles and structures on each floor - it didn't bother me that some levels basically led straight to the boss fight, because it felt like a good change of pace for me after the puzzle-filled levels. I think it helped that I was only really managing the time to clear one or two floors each time I played the game, and I was only finding the time to play 3 or 4 times a week. That structure and those changes in pace worked well for me, because it was mostly a game that respected my time.

I didn't mind the Polterkitty segments - yes, it involved back-tracking, but it took me maybe 30 minutes total to clear both? The one bit I did feel was a let-down was the back-tracking required to clear the 12th floor, because it gave you an item/ability you will only ever use that once. I don't mind the back-tracking itself because the way you progress through the repeat level is different and, that bit of padding took maybe 15 minutes, and the ability you get is fun - but I felt it was wasteful to incorporate an item that only gets used once, because that reveals the exercise is very much padding, rather than a meaningful new ability to be used throughout the remainder of the game.

Kudos to Next Level Games - I think it's an excellent game. I'd be happy to wait a while for Luigi's Mansion 4, because I'd like to see what else NLG can do. They were wasted a bit on Federation Force (wrong game on the wrong hardware at the wrong time), but they're clearly a talented bunch.

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone tell me if I encountered a bug or if I'm just dumb:
76619243_10214407697655885_9180878613975662592_o.jpg

At the very beginning of the gym floor, you press down the floor to get a trinket from the wall shelf. But after that, the floor doesn't rise again, and I'm completely stuck! I feel like I tried everything, and eventually had to restart the game.

Is there a solution I missed?

Last edited:

jinjsyk

Mar 24, 2019
I have the same problem... can someone help?
Can anyone tell me if I encountered a bug or if I'm just dumb:
76619243_10214407697655885_9180878613975662592_o.jpg

At the very beginning of the gym floor, you press down the floor to get a trinket from the wall shelf. But after that, the floor doesn't rise again, and I'm completely stuck! I feel like I tried everything, and eventually had to restart the game.

Is there a solution I missed?

Oct 31, 2017
I really hope this gets some DLC it needs to carry on, not just make us wait for years and years for a number 4. Truly brilliant and attention to detail was second to none.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Finished it up last night. 9/10 score for me and I'd lean higher on a 100 point scale, probably like 9.2.

+ Presentation and overall package is about as solid as it gets from a videogame, period. High end polish comparable to Zelda/Mario mainline.
+ Graphical powerhouse. Looked like I was playing a pixar movie. Don't argue with those who say its best on Switch.
+ Level design/variety. The floors were all phenomenal, particularly once you passed the 5th floor. Each floor like visiting a new kingdom in mario oddysey.
+ Bosses. Overall the best collection of Nintendo-style bosses on the Switch IMO. BOTW was a let down and while SMO had some good ones, not as good as this. And so many.
+ Content. My review is just on the single player and that is packed with areas to explore, and reasons to revisit floors.

- Some of Luigi's controls are a bit imprecise. Horizontal movement of the vaccum takes some getting used to and is never perfect. (Patience and not trying to run helps.) But aiming projectiles is probably the biggest area where improvement is needed. It auto locks on targets at times and that is welcome - because it knows you won't be able to rely on manual aim, but a slight movement of a stick moves the target. This is a finnicky mechanism that is important even for very late bosses.
- I might appreciate a health collectible system instead of or in addition to the bones (that is, hearts you can store). There are times in boss fights where hearts are scarce and the bone phoenix dawn thing was annoyingly long.
- Some puzzles on a few levels were a bit obtuse - I didn't get the same enjoyment most did on the sand floor because I didn't know what to do in the laser and scale rooms
which ended with timed puzzles and death/bone not health loss
- of all the times for E. Gadd not to buzz you with advice.....

Favorite Floors:
1) The TV/Movie Studio One - the puzzle solving in that one was just sublime. I visited all of the rooms and wasn't sure what to do the first time through, and then I think it gives you a hint after the 4th room. Going back through and connecting the puzzles amazing. The boss fight was such a brilliant concept too, but a bit plagued by the finnicky horizontal aiming controls.

2) Castle McFrights - Great puzzles, theme, and boss fight. I dug the subtle game of thrones music too.

3) Unnatural History Museum - One of the simplified boss-focused floors, but I loved the look, atmosphere, and excellent boss fight.

Favorite Bosses:
1) Shark Ghost boss - this was absolutely amazing. I loved the barrel and moving mouth phase and the ghost fight, but the plunger hanging parts were just phenomenal, and made me smile so much. Excellent package.

2) Ug/T-Rex - phenomenal, this is one where shooting seemed to work well, and really good multi-phase boss.

3) Amadeus/piano - Just really well executed, multi-phase and presentation, and first boss in the game where I realized they were really going to be doing some fantastic boss fights.

Editing to say, this is a legit GOTY contender, or at least it should be. People that were trolling Death Stranding by teasing that LM3 had higher scores when the reviews came out close together, were unintentionally belittling LM3 which really deserves a ton of respect. This is a AAA Nintendo release.

Last edited:

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Started playing the other day, on floor 8 and picked up these references already

- Ghostbusters
- The Shining (obviously)
- Little Shop of Horrors
- IT
- Poltergeist
- The Ring/Ringu
- Godzilla
- Honey I Shrunk the Kids (possibly)
- The Towering Inferno (maybe?)
- King Kong

Looking forward to playing more! :D

Oct 25, 2017
This game has fun mechanics, but the game itself, I am finding just okay. I love exploring, but I don't find many of the puzzles particularly fun.

I also hate the blacklight. I understand when to use it on portraits. I understand when to use it in, say, an arch in need of a door. However, there are quite a few things that need to be revealed via blacklight that I don't think are well-telegraphed. I've just reverted to hitting the blacklight upon entering each room/upon clearing it of ghosts.

Next Level makes games where I like the mechanics, but have issues with the stuff constructed around it, I guess.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Started playing the other day, on floor 8 and picked up these references already

- Ghostbusters
- The Shining (obviously)
- Little Shop of Horrors
- IT
- Poltergeist
- The Ring/Ringu
- Godzilla
- Honey I Shrunk the Kids (possibly)
- The Towering Inferno (maybe?)
- King Kong

Looking forward to playing more! :D

I would add Game of Thrones. Some of the music on....I think its Floor 6.....McFrights floor.....is definitely alluding to GoT.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
This game has fun mechanics, but the game itself, I am finding just okay. I love exploring, but I don't find many of the puzzles particularly fun.

I also hate the blacklight. I understand when to use it on portraits. I understand when to use it in, say, an arch in need of a door. However, there are quite a few things that need to be revealed via blacklight that I don't think are well-telegraphed. I've just reverted to hitting the blacklight upon entering each room/upon clearing it of ghosts.

Next Level makes games where I like the mechanics, but have issues with the stuff constructed around it, I guess.

Don't really have issues with the blacklight. When its used to advance the main story, its usually pretty obvious, the less obvious ones are for money and gems - so for people that really want to explore every nook and cranny. And often if I found them by accident I would realize that there were clues that a sink or a trashcan or whatever should have been there.

MegaShadowX

Feb 5, 2019
I´m was looking to buy LM3, but read that most of Resetera´s users finished on less than 20-15 hours. Is it really that short? I don´t like the idea of spend 60$ in a game that could be finished completely on a few days. Does have any replayability?

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
One thing that the game did make me think about is.....why doesn't Nintendo do achievements. Putting in in-game achievement pop-ups, just makes it frustrating that they don't carry over to a gamer score/rank/achievement system.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
I´m was looking to buy LM3, but read that most of Resetera´s users finished on less than 20-15 hours. Is it really that short? I don´t like the idea of spend 60$ in a game that could be finished completely on a few days. Does have any replayability?

It took me about 22 hours to beat the story and collect all the Gems and Boos. However, I haven't touched the scarefloors/multiplayer yet. There are collectible ghosts there though I can see which would give you incentive to play.

It can be done probably closer to 15 hours if you don't do the collectibles in the story - but to me those puzzle are a big reason why you would play a game like this. IMO, this game is definitely worth $60 and it will be a long time before you can get it for $45. It is a legit GOTY contender (although overlooked), with polish and presentation at the level of a AAA Mario or Zelda mainline release. Its phenomenal.

Oct 27, 2017
I finished the game about an hour ago, and my playtime was 16h 21m. I explored as much as I could but didn't 100% many floors in terms of collectibles. Also didn't try any of the multiplayer modes. I very much enjoyed my time with the game but I wouldn't have a burning desire to replay. I plan on trading it in tomorrow for about 70% of what I paid for it, so on that basis I found it to be excellent value.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't really have issues with the blacklight. When its used to advance the main story, its usually pretty obvious, the less obvious ones are for money and gems - so for people that really want to explore every nook and cranny. And often if I found them by accident I would realize that there were clues that a sink or a trashcan or whatever should have been there.

Sure, but since I am exploring for gems, I'd prefer that when to use the blacklight at least feels random. There are some places where, yes, it seems like something's missing. I wouldn't say that for most of the stuff that's missing, though, like

MegaShadowX

Feb 5, 2019
I finished the game about an hour ago, and my playtime was 16h 21m. I explored as much as I could but didn't 100% many floors in terms of collectibles. Also didn't try any of the multiplayer modes. I very much enjoyed my time with the game but I wouldn't have a burning desire to replay. I plan on trading it in tomorrow for about 70% of what I paid for it, so on that basis I found it to be excellent value.

It took me about 22 hours to beat the story and collect all the Gems and Boos. However, I haven't touched the scarefloors/multiplayer yet. There are collectible ghosts there though I can see which would give you incentive to play.

It can be done probably closer to 15 hours if you don't do the collectibles in the story - but to me those puzzle are a big reason why you would play a game like this. IMO, this game is definitely worth $60 and it will be a long time before you can get it for $45. It is a legit GOTY contender (although overlooked), with polish and presentation at the level of a AAA Mario or Zelda mainline release. Its phenomenal.

Thank you, both! I´m not still convinced. Maybe gonna buy it in the future, right now I already have other games that got my interest (DQ11S and Pkm Sword)

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you, both! I´m not still convinced. Maybe gonna buy it in the future, right now I already have other games that got my interest (DQ11S and Pkm Sword)

Yeah I think both of our playtimes are pretty consistent about what you would expect. Depends on whether or not you want to hunt collectibles and do the multiplayer. Probably 15-30 hours is an accurate range, depending on how much you want to get out of it. Maybe keep an eye out for a sale on black friday, probably won't go on sale because its a Nintendo game shortly after release but I'd keep an eye out.

Oct 26, 2017
This is another one of those games that I kind of wished I had bought physical. I got my enjoyment out of it for the 12-15ish hours of campaign but not sure I see myself going back for multiplayer or completionist run.

Nov 26, 2017
After inviting a friend with the game over, I was very shocked and aggravated to discover that whatever you do in local play does NOT count towards any of your outstanding achievements. We spent a few matches where he would repeatedly take hits from Hammers so I could revive him and get the corresponding achievement for it, and we repeated this process about 15 times, yet my counter is still sitting at 8 after going back to check it. So..... yeah, the game is apparently impossible to 100% complete unless you have a NSO subscription. Not Cool.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
So, just a thing:

Does luigis mansion 3 make your consoles overheat too? Because if i play it docked for more than 40 minutes switch sends a message that its getting way too hot. And it only happens with LM3 too, the other games i can play for as long as i want.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
So, just a thing:

Does luigis mansion 3 make your consoles overheat too? Because if i play it docked for more than 40 minutes switch sends a message that its getting way too hot. And it only happens with LM3 too, the other games i can play for as long as i want.
My fan makes a lot of noise but I never got that message. Look if it's dusty.

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the main story last night with my son and I have to say this is one of the greatest co-op experience that I've had in a long, LONG time. My 6 year old and I had a blast and looked forward to each new level that was opened up to us during the roughly 15 hours it took us to complete it. The only parts that we didn't enjoy so much were when
The cat took our elevator key and we had to backtrack the mansion to chase the cat down
. Other than that small gripe, this is GOTY material right here, so much fun.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
So, just a thing:

No. I'd often played docked for 2 to 2 and 1/2 hours and never got any overheating message. I have a launch Switch. LM3 is definitely pushing the hardware, crazy good graphics, but I didn't run into any trouble.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the main story last night with my son and I have to say this is one of the greatest co-op experience that I've had in a long, LONG time. My 6 year old and I had a blast and looked forward to each new level that was opened up to us during the roughly 15 hours it took us to complete it. The only parts that we didn't enjoy so much were when
The cat took our elevator key and we had to backtrack the mansion to chase the cat down
. Other than that small gripe, this is GOTY material right here, so much fun.

Seems like the cat thing and the water parts in B2 are the parts of the main story not too popular. Cat didn't bother me too much because she wasn't so hard to find, so it never took too long. And it added a little tension when I would win a key because I'd be wondering if the cat would grab it. I never had trouble with B2 either. I posted my gripes earlier. Mostly a few obstuse puzzles and the shooting/targeting mechanic being finnicky and important in some boss battles.

Gvitor

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone give me a hint to the boss fight on 6F? I don't want the answer straight away, but I tried the whole arsenal and can't seem to figure him out.

Best I came up with was luring him to grab Luigi while using Gooigi to ry and shoot the plunger in his armor. But so far no luck.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Finished the game last week, and it still lingers. It's my favourite game of the year, and a top three Switch game. The game embodied everything I love about this hobby.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Can someone give me a hint to the boss fight on 6F? I don't want the answer straight away, but I tried the whole arsenal and can't seem to figure him out.

Best I came up with was luring him to grab Luigi while using Gooigi to ry and shoot the plunger in his armor. But so far no luck.
Which boss is this? The plant one?