• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all are annoying af. Agree to disagree lmao.

Game is looking great as usual. Really looking forward to the return of the slept on multiplayer mode from Dark Moon too.

Apr 21, 2018
This is my most wanted game of the year. Everything about it looks great. It's the type of game you can't put down and beat it in a few sittings.

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019
while people are obviously heated on both sides of the issue here I think that while it is true that they are making an effort on the ghost designs here compared to dark moon, and that the 'concepts' in the og aren't wildly original .. there is an argument to be made here that the designs in the original had a unique 'Nintendo EAD' feel that is hard to imitate. Similar how no one else gets Yoshi quite right either, try as good-feel might.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
while people are obviously heated on both sides of the issue here I think that while it is true that they are making an effort on the ghost designs here compared to dark moon, and that the 'concepts' in the og aren't wildly original .. there is an argument to be made here that the designs in the original had a unique 'Nintendo EAD' feel that is hard to imitate. Similar how no one else gets Yoshi quite right either, try as good-feel might.
It just happens. It's hard to match what an original creator come up with and also those who take over a series may want to do their own unique things. Nintendo obviously has no problem with the direction NLG has taken the series.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
I mean.I liked LM1 as much as the next guy, but even I admit that almost all of the portrait ghosts of that game were based around 1, maybe 2 cliches. Madame Clairvoya being the standout exeption of the non-boos portrait ghosts.

Just say you don't like the new designs and the goofier direction instead of trying to prove that LM1 ghosts had more personality. They have as much personality as we've seen from the LM3 ghosts. (Hell, Morty alone has more personality than almost every ghost in LM1, sans maybe Madame Cairvoya).

Last edited:

BBsnakes

May 9, 2019
I mean.I liked LM1 as much as the next guy, but even I admit that almost all of the portrait ghosts of that game were based around 1, maybe 2 cliches. Madame Clairvoya being the standout exeption of the non-boos portrait ghosts.

Just say you don't like the new designs and the goofier direction instead of trying to prove that LM1 ghosts had more personality. They have as much personality as we've seen from the LM3 ghosts. (Hell, morty alone has more personality than almost every ghost in LM!, sans maybe Madame Cairvoya).
I think king mcfright is underrated In his personality. During the whole castle level you see pictures of himself plastered everywhere and even a giant replica of his head staring down Luigi in one room. And then when you fight him he has an audience made of cardboard cheering him on. I like how you can tell he's a huge narcissist without getting any dialogue from him. Probably has an inferiority complex with how small he is and being a king and all.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I have high hopes for this game. It'll do well both critically and commercially.

Deleted member 4067

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will there be a direct for this?

Hope it delivers, last game I'm buying this year since Doom is delayed

klier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've been on a media black out since before E3. I don't want to be spoilt at all here. GOTY.

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
I've skipped Link's Awakening to get this instead. Got really high hopes.
I'm not hoping for a really long adventure. Luigi's Mansion is a game that can definitely overstay its welcome. About 10 hrs would be just perfect. I want something that I can replay often.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
For a series that gets a game every half a decade, it really shouldnt have to reuse so much that it cant deviate in its artstyle.

But, again, my biggest problem with both DM and this is its tone. Like I said before, 2 and 3 are Scooby Doo while 1 was Goosebumps, and I'm kinda tired of slapstick ghosts.

Sounds like you're just suffering from nostalgia goggles.

The first Luigi's Mansion still had this cartoony glutton ghost, this pianist that played Mario tunes, an actual dog, a fat lady in the shower and a guy living inside a jar. A lot of them were outlandish concepts.

It's funny how they're supposed to be "bullies" when most of them were passive and some outright pathetic like Uncle Grimmly. They were glorified puzzles.

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Luigi's Mansion 1 not being goofy and slapstick?

what revisionist universe am I living in?

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
Luigi's Mansion 1 not being goofy and slapstick?

what revisionist universe am I living in?

I guess it's supposed to be DARK or some shit because there are ghost babies, Luigi hanging himself and stuff you'd expect from a bad creepypasta.

Then you get to the upside-down little girl ghost that pees on her bed.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019
I can't believe even the Luigi's Mansion fandom of all things have a schism

In a series of barely THREE games, goddamn.

I just went in a Luigi's Mansion marathon over the last month due to pure hype while waiting for LM3, i didn't expect coming back to Resetera and finding this

There's not much difference, if any, between the original and 2 in terms of atmosphere, goofiness, and personality, and frankly screw it, my reason for being hyped por LM3 is not the original but LM2, Next Level Games proudly shows their mastery in animation there.

72044324_1394213290729651_8803044658704809984_o.jpg

No game on 3DS is both as pretty, fun and comfy as this one. Can't wait to see how they take the series forward on Switch.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe even the Luigi's Mansion fandom of all things have a schism

In a series of barely THREE games, goddamn.

I just went in a Luigi's Mansion marathon over the last month due to pure hype while waiting for LM3, i didn't expect coming back to Resetera and finding this

There's not much difference, if any, between the original and 2 in terms of atmosphere, goofiness, and personality, and frankly screw it, my reason for being hyped por LM3 is not the original but LM2, Next Level Games proudly shows their mastery in animation there.

72044324_1394213290729651_8803044658704809984_o.jpg

No game on 3DS is both as pretty, fun and comfy as this one. Can't wait to see how they take the series forward on Switch.

To be fair it's just one person who proudly doesn't watch the video in the OP then makes claims that are countered just by watching the video in the OP which then the person will refuse to because "I don't want to be spoiled" then immediately start making sure everyone knows who ignorant he is.

Oct 31, 2017
Luigi's mansion on GameCube was an absolute classic imo. Best ghost game I've played and a lot of that had to do with the tone, art design, and music. I enjoyed luigis mansion 2 and there's a lot to like about it but the cohesiveness of luigis mansion 1 and how It actually feels to play were significan better than the second. I don't think this game is going to be bad by any means but I do understand what others are saying about the designs in 1 over 2. Something about the design just makes it clear if it was made by next level games or not and I prefer the designs of the original. Still excited and looking forward to co op with the wife. Should be a blast on Halloween.

jordn613

Oct 25, 2017
Two questions:

1. Any idea if this will run smoother/load faster via digital download or physical release?

2. Do we think we've seen all the general environments in the game already or are there going to be some that are brand new to us if we've already watched a lot of media on it?

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Two questions:

1. Any idea if this will run smoother/load faster via digital download or physical release?

2. Do we think we've seen all the general environments in the game already or are there going to be some that are brand new to us if we've already watched a lot of media on it?
I can't answer your first question, but as for the second one, I believe we've seen most environments between the trailers, the information on the site and some educated guesses:

B2: ???
B1: E.Gadd's lab/garage/storage/maintainance.
F1: Reception.
F2: ???
F3: ???
F4: ???
F5: Hotel rooms, other amenities.
F6: Castle MacFrights.
F7: Garden Suites.
F8: Paranormal productions (Morty's film studio).
F9:
Museum
F10: Tomb suites.
F11:
Magic show
F12: ???
F13: The spectral catch.
F14: The dance hall.
F15: ??? (King boo???)

If I were to make an educated guess, I think floors 1-5 will keep the hotel aesthetic with some small subareas dedicated to VIP guests, while the rest of the floors are more self contained.

I really don't think King Boo and the lady ghost will be right after floor 14. We must have a couple more floors (And the part of the hotel above the dance hall looks too big for just 1 floor).

-Mezannine (Kitchen area), (the wikia claims this is found on the 6th floor, but I haven't been able to find evidence supporting this).
-Gym area
-Fashion Area (the wikia claims this is found on the fifth floor, but again, I haven't found evidence to support this).
-Pool
-Music themed floor

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if there are floors/parts of floors inaccesible by elevator. (Or, some floors only accesible through a service elevator, rather than a guest elevator).

Last edited:

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I'm excited for this game, I hope this becomes my GOTY, Dark Moon was great, although with a few problems that NLG seem to be addressing and I love what I've seen of this game.

NathanS

Dec 5, 2017
Luigis-Mansion-3-gameplay-shows-off-garden-themed-floor-1280x720.jpg
and
b8b7c55082adef2eebee4c4cc0e99df0.jpg

VS

Portrait%20Ghost%20Biff%20Atlas.jpg

images

Theres a clear effort to avoid the cute creepiness of the first in favor of just going full wacky supernatural, and the boss ghosts looking a lot less like people shows that, and it's disappointing. The bosses just look like normal ghosts with a few things pnned on instead of actual full unique personalities.

....Any of those are even remotely creepy? HOW?

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Looks top notch. I bought it for my brother so hopefully I can steal his copy after he's finished with it.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game looks better and better every time they show it.

The visuals are astounding. Looking forward to a possible brainchild visual analysis when the full game arrives!

I'm guessing dynamic 900p when docked / dynamic 720p when handheld because of the amazing visuals on show. Hopefully it's a steady 30fps. I don't want a repeat of the Zelda framerate issues. I'm still waiting on a patch for that.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Luigi's Mansion 3 is absolutely DAY. ONE. for me. I have so much love for the original. This looks so good.