• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Didn't see a thread, bust me if old

Games being rated usually indicates that they're close to completion/release. We'll find out in 3 or so weeks.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do hope it'll get a sprucing up for the next showing. It looked kinda lackluster upon reveal

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
August is my guess for release window. Fall/winter will already be packed with Pokemon, Link's Awakening, and Animal Crossing.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Just put it in my veins directly already

giphy.gif

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Astral Chain is already August, and Nintendo clearly wanted to do a "Halloween" marketing push with Dark Moon, though it ultimately got delayed 5 months into Spring that time around.

Forgot about Astral Chain. Probably September-ish then. I really think Pokemon will be October, like XY and SM, then that leaves AC and Zelda for Nov/Dec.

Nintendo's first party releases this year are a total reversal 2018, dang.

Oct 28, 2017
Hope it has the better ghost design of the original this time. I found the designs in dark moon to be lacking. But otherwise give it to me now!!

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Nice, could be coming sooner rather than later (maybe summer?). That's one less game people need to be (baselessly) worried about being delayed.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
They will not release Animal Crossing and Pokémon close to each other. AC sales would ultimately be cannibalized.
Not really, Animal Crossing is huge and furthermore has a very specific core audience, being largely female. Pokémon, on the other hand, focuses on kids. The two games should be able to stand shoulder to shoulder without significantly messing with the other's sales potential.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They will not release Animal Crossing and Pokémon close to each other. AC sales would ultimately be cannibalized.
not really, there's a huge chunk of AC's audience that won't be interested in pokemon, and it's not really dependent on what it will sell at launch (which will still be HUGE), AC is THE evergreen title and will keep selling and selling for years.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Why do people keep talking about a delay for Animal Crossing (and, of all games to be delayed, fucking AC, the one that might be done for quite some time now giving how it skipped Wii U), when last year we were in the same situation with Smash ? Until E3 all we had was a CG trailer.

Droyd

Mar 1, 2018
Oh man I was hoping for AC to launch late summer.

Is the general consensus that it's a winter title?

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why do people keep talking about a delay for Animal Crossing (and, of all games to be delayed, fucking AC, the one that might be done for quite some time now giving how it skipped Wii U), when last year we were in the same situation with Smash ? Until E3 all we had was a CG trailer.
i think people are thinking the lineup for the rest of the year is TOO packed, therefor something has to slip into 2020. there's absolutely no evidence that any of the remaining planned titles for 2019 (astral chain, DQ11S, MUA3, mario maker 2, pokemon, luigi's mansion 3, animal crossing, DQ builders 2, fire emblem, daemon x machina and link's awakening) are getting delayed.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man I was hoping for AC to launch late summer.

Is the general consensus that it's a winter title?
most animal crossing games so far have launched in november. with pokemon being usually a november title as well, AC may get the december slot.

new leaf: november (was november only in japan, but the switch AC will 100% get a WW launch)
new leaf welcome amiibo: november
city folk: november
wild world: november
pocket camp: november (a mobile game but still)
amiibo festival: november (a spin-off but still)

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
I hope it's more like the first one and not like the second I didn't like the mission style I just want the big giant world

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
most animal crossing games so far have launched in november. with pokemon being usually a november title as well, AC may get the december slot.

new leaf: november (was november only in japan, but the switch AC will 100% get a WW launch)

hNgzZh6.png

Faxeo

Apr 21, 2019
Is it so hard to think that animal crossing will be launched in September? we reason could do so: Animal Crossing-September
Luigi mansion-October
Pokemon-November
Zelda remake-December

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I'll never quite understand the "X can't release too close to Pokemon" argument. New Pokemon games come out almost every year and it's not like Nintendo just clears their release schedule for an entire month both before and after Pokemon every time. Mario Maker 3DS came out like two weeks after Sun and Moon. Smash Ultimate was around three weeks after Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee. Animal Crossing is a big enough deal that it won't be overshadowed by the 18th Pokemon core series release.

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
Man, I still need to play Luigi's Mansion. Should I go for the Gamecube oder 3DS Version? Loved Luigi's Mansion 2, it's like one of the best 3DS games if you ask me. Already looking forward to Luigi's Mansion 3!

Oct 25, 2017
This July also already tells us Nintendo doesn't give a fuck about doubling up months lol.

September - Zelda
October - Luigi
November - Pokémon
December - Animal Crossing

They'll probably announce one or two more game for this year too, plus Mario and Sonic and Dragon Quest.

Stacked year!

Droyd

Mar 1, 2018

Damn it. Pokemon, Zelda & Animal Crossing back to back is gonna be intense

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
So excited. Hope they have ghost designs like all the original's bosses instead of the lame 2nd game ones (the first's regular bosses were way better too).

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This July also already tells us Nintendo doesn't give a fuck about doubling up months lol.

September - Zelda
October - Luigi
November - Pokémon

They'll probably announce one or two more game for this year too, plus Mario and Sonic and Dragon Quest.

Stacked year!

Ouch, that will be really stacked. Not only by quality but on sales overall.

I need money. :(

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA

Except that Amiibo Festival and Pocket Camp don't count if you ask me. I hope they buck the trend because I am so ready for AC on Switch.

Not to take anything away from LM3, but I already scratched my itch with the 3DS port. I'd be absolutely fine with it not coming out until later this year.

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
This thread about Luigi's Mansion 3 has been completely hijacked by Animal Crossing fanxiety...

Deleted member 54216

Banned
Feb 26, 2019

September - Zelda
October - Luigi
November - Pokémon

Stacked year!
Zelda?