• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JustPaul

Oct 27, 2017
I cant decide if Shades is either a cool character or (I hate to use the word) cringiest character of all time.
I loved the setup for the next season and actually liked the episode with
Ironfist

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I liked Shades

And yeah, Danny was 10x better in this, I actually missed him in the episodes after

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh, I got sick of Mariah

Her daughters arc was weird as shit too, it felt rushed in a season that dragged

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Finished this season finally and it ended strong. As usual every episode would benefit from being 45 minutes, episodes cut to ten at most. There's some strong stuff here but its spread so thinly and sandwiched by dry exposition constantly setting up the next perfunctory scene or repeating what we just saw. There will be five minute scene of the detectives deciding to look for a person and discussing looking for the person. Then a five minute scene of them looking for the person. Then five minutes talking to them and five minutes discussing what we just heard. It all could be done in shorthand or cut completely. I don't blame the writers or showrunners though. I think it's clear that both Netflix and Marvel TV division have agreed to keep this format and their shows are the worse for it.

Nov 11, 2017
Just finished S2 myself, really enjoyed it. Bushmaster was a great villain. Solid performances all around.

As a side note, is anyone else just tickled by the way Luke says the word 'abilities'? I certainly was, at least enough to spend two hours of my life making this-

This is how I spend my Friday nights. No regrets.

Macnair

Oct 27, 2017
I feel sorry for people seeing Danny here for the first time then watch Iron Fist S1.

Their reaction must be like: WTF!

Still disappointed seeing 1 glowing first.

Romez

Nov 11, 2017
Finally finished this.

Overall this is a good season and better than season 1, but it's so frustrating as there's so much good stuff in here that has the potential to make the season great but there's also a few chunks of shit that hold it back.

I will say as a Jamaican, the accents were garbage (Bushmaster's got better as the season went on) and the pronunciation of rasclat was a joke.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished this.

Overall this is a good season and better than season 1, but it's so frustrating as there's so much good stuff in here that has the potential to make the season great but there's also a few chunks of shit that hold it back.

I will say as a Jamaican, the accents were garbage (Bushmaster's got better as the season went on) and the pronunciation of rasclat was a joke.
I never even realised they were fake until Beefy told me

:(

Oct 26, 2017
I enjoyed this season, certainly more than the first (the first half of season 1 was better overall but Diamondback's half was naff).

Just finished S2 myself, really enjoyed it. Bushmaster was a great villain. Solid performances all around.

As a side note, is anyone else just tickled by the way Luke says the word 'abilities'? I certainly was, at least enough to spend two hours of my life making this-

This is how I spend my Friday nights. No regrets.

He says it so cleanly. Almost like he's desperately trying to say that word without messing up.

FloatOn

Jan 24, 2018
I don't know. I just found it to be so boring. It should be have been 6 episodes. At least Iron Fist had an enjoyable supporting cast. This show did nothing the actors they were given. Bushmaster was cool I guess.

It was so bad I was actually happy to see Danny show up

weird take. I thought the family drama stuff in iron fist was insufferable.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Iron Fist's supporting cast being better than Luke Cage's, that is indeed quite the take

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Got around to finishing this. Really enjoyed it, Alfre Woodard as Mariah really acted the hell out of this season. The ending floored me as well.

What's the deal on MCU Netflix shows, are they still locked in for additional seasons after this, or is a season 3 something that's up for negotiation?

Oct 25, 2017
Got around to finishing this. Really enjoyed it, Alfre Woodard as Mariah really acted the hell out of this season. The ending floored me as well.

What's the deal on MCU Netflix shows, are they still locked in for additional seasons after this, or is a season 3 something that's up for negotiation?

Last I heard they can keep making them as long as they want to

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
This season ends a lot like the season finale of another superhuman-led television show.

It's a lot like how in Angel season 4, the bad guys give the hero the entire evil company with the intention to corrupt him, and the hero can't say no because of all the good he can do with it.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This season ends a lot like the season finale of another superhuman-led television show.

It's a lot like how in Angel season 4, the bad guys give the hero the entire evil company with the intention to corrupt him, and the hero can't say no because of all the good he can do with it.

I hope it's as good as season 5 of that show!

uncledonnie

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got time to finish watching season 2. Agree with others that the number of episodes should be shortened as there was a good amount of bad/average content that should just have been cut. The good stuff was really good though and overall season 2 was a huge improvement over the first. Ending was the best of the Netflix MCU series so far.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

That's a good comparison.

I absolutely loved this season. Easily my favourite of all the Netflix Marvel shows. There are a lot of strong character moments throughout the season and everyone is given a moment to shine.

Heart_Attack

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Season 3 Predictions:

I think Tilda will learn to weaponize Nightshade in season 3. Shades will finally get powers once he is experimented on by the dotror from season one. Diamondback is alive, and I'm sure he'll be back. I don't see Luke lasting more than Two episodes as the owner of Harlem's Paradise.

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
well this was pretty awful. could have redeemed it by making it a 4 episode mini series maybe. also getting fed up with the music. I like the music but there's too much of it, let my ears breathe once in a while.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
hmm just finished it.
Liked the ending
Loved bushmaster
Too much mariah and shades (who I just find comical tbh)
Her daughter a bit weird too: make up your mind.
lol at the rasclat pronounciation

All in all entertaining, but boy I fast forwarded some scenes. These shows drag wayyy too much.

Ragnarsson

Oct 27, 2017
Lisbon, Portugal
I just finished it and I absolutely loved the whole season. Mariah is now definitely up there with Kingpin and Kilgrave as one of my favorite villains in the whole MCU. Bushmaster was also a great addition. I honestly loved the whole thing and I can't wait for S3.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH?!

Did no one tell this cast and crew they were making a rinky dink Marvel TV show?

Alfre Woodard should win a Oscar. The fucking cinematography was absolutely amazing. The ending. The flashback. Fucking every scene with Bushmaster.

HOLY SHIT that was good. As soon as Claire left this season hit some god tier ass shit.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Finally finished it this past weekend...ill be honest after the first couple episodes i already had made my mind that im gonna drop out after this season. The ending and its implications have me excited though....if there is a S3 im def. gonna stick around and see how Luke gonna run Harlem.

I really hope Bushmaster comes somehow back....he was by far the best character, well next to obv. Misty.

Never saw Iron Fist, didnt really like Danny in the Cross-Over....but he seemed kinda cool/chill in this Luke Cage season...hmm.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I literally just Binged this season in 2 days!
I was beyond hooked. Much better than S1 IMO.

Now, I have to watch Iron Fist S2. I hear it is really good. Better than Cage? Or should I bring my expectations down?

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Now, I have to watch Iron Fist S2. I hear it is really good. Better than Cage? Or should I bring my expectations down?
It's good, but I wouldn't say it's better than the latest season of Luke Cage. Then again, they feel really different so YMMV.

I'll say this, if you liked the little taste of Misty and Colleen shenanigans you got in Luke Cage S2, you absolutely 100% need to watch Iron Fist S2 as soon as possible.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's good, but I wouldn't say it's better than the latest season of Luke Cage. Then again, they feel really different so YMMV.

I'll say this, if you liked the little taste of Misty and Colleen shenanigans you got in Luke Cage S2, you absolutely 100% need to watch Iron Fist S2 as soon as possible.
NICEEEEE!

Thanks! I will! :)

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Really liked this season. Bushmaster was a scene eater, the music was wicked, Misty was great, and Luke's conflict and the place he ended up was compelling. There were some scenarios where I thought "but why wouldn't they just...?" but overall, another solid Marvel Netflix season.

On to Iron Fist...