• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
This season was much better than the first but suffered really badly by episodes being too long and waaaay too many musical performances and also its basically Crime Boss Mariah the show. Barely felt like a superhero show in a bad way. Bushmaster was fucking awesome though.

The ending is kind of nonsensical with Tilda suddenly going gangsta which makes no fucking sense. I can understand her killing her own mother but the stuff after that is just stupid. Luke going gangsta made much more sense though.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
This season was much better than the first but suffered really badly by episodes being too long and waaaay too many musical performances and also its basically Crime Boss Mariah the show. Barely felt like a superhero show in a bad way. Bushmaster was fucking awesome though.

The ending is kind of nonsensical with Tilda suddenly going gangsta which makes no fucking sense. I can understand her killing her own mother but the stuff after that is just stupid. Luke going gangsta made much more sense though.
I actually like the musical performances. It gives the show identity.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone tell me the name of the Blues guitarist in episode 2. Lord I've not heard guitar playing that amazing in quite some time.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
I loved season one but this season in much much better than the first. Loved every episode, there wasn't a loss in momentum between each.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Three episodes in amd loving it! This show has an excellent rogue's gallery, anything with Mariah, Shades or Bushmaster is awesome.

The sheer amount of arm puns goes from cringey to hilarious.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Up till episode 5 now, and I'm greatly enjoying it. The music so damn good and really sets a good mood. They really sell the neighborhood of Harlem and Brooklyn too. Bushmaster is the smoothest. Mariah and her family talk just is the villainess. I'm still not and probably never will be entirely sold on Mike Colter's acting but the supporting cast is helping it. Poor Misty having to take on all these jokes though.

Gotta continue this watch all night I think.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
They actually did a great job with Iron Fist in this. Hopefully we'll see more of this Danny going forward.

And yeah, the season as a whole was pretty solid. I like how they didn't burn through most of the hype too quickly & made the episodes more consistent. And as an aside, I love how you can slowly see Misty Knight get used to her bionic arm between episodes.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Only on Episode 3 so far but goddamn please tell me they fix Claire's character later on?
Everything she keeps bringing up about Luke in relation to his dad and his anger feels so unearned. It's feels like the writers want me to side with her over Luke and that it's supposed to be showing Luke obsessing over his revenge and breaking down but in actuality it makes her feel obsessive and controlling in trying to push him towards things that largely haven't been shown to be an issue. The fact that it feels like the writers trying to convey something rather than the characters doing/discussing a thing is a larger issue in its own right though.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Episode 5 was fantastic. Piranha is hilarious, and that whole party sequence was fun as hell.

Also, Foggy!

And Scarfe!

And Cyborg Misty!

And wasn't that ZAN! taking Luke's picture as he arrived at the party?

Really hyped for the Danny Rand positivity, his and Luke's relationship was one of the highlights of Defenders.

element252

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So I saw ign gave this a 4.5. So I guess according to them, Season 2 of LC is worse than IF? That cannot be right.

Gonna start watching this tonight, hoping for the best though.
Does Danny finally wear a IF costume?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This season is the most likable Danny has EVER been admittedly. Maybe there's hope yet...

So I saw ign gave this a 4.5. So I guess according to them, Season 2 of LC is worse than IF? That cannot be right.

This is one of those rare moments where I have absolutely no idea where a reviewer is coming from, a 4.5 is nonsense lol

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017

It may well be a disaster in the second half, but the first five episodes have so much fun stuff that it can't be mentioned in the same sentence as Iron Fist. That score is bafflingly low.

I still can't get past one episode of Punisher or two episodes of JJ S2, but this is so watchable.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It may well be a disaster in the second half, but the first five episodes have so much fun stuff that it can't be mentioned in the same sentence as Iron Fist. That score is bafflingly low.

I got like 2 episodes left, but so far the 2nd half is even stronger. Stronger than Punisher's 2nd half even, the only other Netflix show I could say had a noticeable improvement in its 2nd half.

The show does still have pacing issues as usual of course, but it's quality stuff all the way through this time around unlike last season.

element252

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

I still can't get past one episode of Punisher or two episodes of JJ S2, but this is so watchable.

I finished the entirety of JJ S2 and I was disappointed after finishing it. It was ok, but definetly nowhere close to S1.
I was not a fan of Trish during S2.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I got like 2 episodes left, but so far the 2nd half is even stronger. Stronger than Punisher's 2nd half even, the only other Netflix show I could say had a noticeable improvement in its 2nd half.

The show does still have pacing issues as usual of course, but it's quality stuff all the way through this time around unlike last season.

Nice. I don't mind the pacing here because it's such a fun world. This show nails the "neighborhood" feel; Daredevil and Fisk grumble about saving their "city", but we hardly see Hell's Kitchen outside of a few dingy bars and apartments. Here, Luke and Mariah's ties to Harlem are far better defined. Even Mariah's henchmen are Luke Cage fanboys. And I'll take plenty of musical breaks over wasted dialogue scenes any day.

Edit: And I know Black Panther couldn't have influenced LC S2's writing, but Bushmaster feels like a much better take on Killmonger's "I'm the king now" story. And his fight sequences are kick-ass.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nice. I don't mind the pacing here because it's such a fun world. This show nails the "neighborhood" feel; Daredevil and Fisk grumble about saving their "city", but we hardly see Hell's Kitchen outside of a few dingy bars and apartments. Here, Luke and Mariah's ties to Harlem are far better defined. Even Mariah's henchmen are Luke Cage fanboys. And I'll take plenty of musical breaks over wasted dialogue scenes any day.

This season reminds me a lot of Black Panther, in that basically everyone gets their due as opposed to you only really caring about Luke and the villain(s)

Also I just love how much further fleshed out Mariah is. Like goddamn, what a messed up family.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Liked the season a lot. I feel its better than season 1 second half of the season is stronger and villains are better.

Tilda ending spoiler
It makes a lot of sense history is literally repeating itself

Mama Mabel was tough and alienated to Mariah
Mariah was tough and alienated Tilda

The last episode Mariah even boast that she treated Tilda the way Mabel treated her to make her stronger, even said when she looks at her she sees herself.

Mama Mabel gave the club to Cottenmouth
Mariah gave the club to Luke

Mariah made something of her own in politics outside of the family business
Tilda made something of her own with her shop outside the family business

Mariah dropped her family name and goes by Dillard
Tilda dropped her family name and goes by Johnson

If we are going to believe in Magic and Dragons than we can also believe Bushmaster when he says the Stokes bloodline is just evil.

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Che's random antagonism with Mariah is one of the best things this season haha

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Episode 5 and I agree that was hella fun. I'm loving Piranha Jones and how much fun he had, and what a big fan boy he is.

I just don't understand,
was the whole thing with Rafael Scarfe a flashback? I assume so, I can't remember much from S1 honestly but he died right? I'm a little bit lost now.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Episode 5 and I agree that was hella fun. I'm loving Piranha Jones and how much fun he had, and what a big fan boy he is.

I just don't understand,
was the whole thing with Rafael Scarfe a flashback? I assume so, I can't remember much from S1 honestly but he died right? I'm a little bit lost now.

Yea he died.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, gotcha. Can't wait for my Danny boy. Come end of the year he'll be redeemed and all of y'all will love him. The sworn protector of K'un Lun!.. I mean New York!