• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
DPTfNzB.jpg

94% Fresh

Critics Consensus: Marvel's Luke Cage surpasses the successes of its debut season with a satisfyingly complex narrative and a solid ensemble cast led by Alfre Woodard's standout performance as the archvillainess Black Mariah.​

Woodard's transformation from reluctantly-corrupt politician to queen of Harlem crime is Season 2's outstanding breakaway performance.
-David Betancourt, Washington Post

Season 2 of Luke Cage makes the show more of an ensemble project, and it's exactly what it needed to continue capturing fan attention.
-Corey Chichizola, Cinema Blend

Luke Cage could now remove any superhero elements almost entirely and still function as a series.
-Olly Richards, Empire Magazine

Luke Cage returns for a complex, emotional season that increases the stakes while also suffering the same pacing problems of every other Marvel/Netflix show.
-Chris Evangelista, Slashfilm
0pxu6XL.png

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so ready for this!

Super excited after the reviews! And for my boy Danny!

Can this not be a thread about the pacing?At this point, nine seasons in, you should know what you're going inti. Pacing talk happens in every single one of these. Other reviews have said the show is fine. And honestly, it was fine in Jessica Jones S2, Punisher S1 too. Luke Cage season 2 seems to be a huge improvement with a very interesting ending. There's reason to be hyped about this one.

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
New motion poster for Tilda Johnson, Mariah's daughter. She'll probably bring the voodoo. Then we'll have two Marvel shows with voodoo right now.

I'm damn hyped for this finale!

It's been said again and again that the show is left at a very interesting place at the finale.

Last edited:

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I'm so ready for this!

Can this not be a thread about the pacing?At this point, nine seasons in, you should know what you're going inti. Pacing talk happens in every single one of these. Other reviews have said the show is fine. And honestly, it was fine in Jessica Jones S2, Punisher S1 too. Luke Cage season 2 seems to be a huge improvement with a very interesting ending. There's reason to be hyped about this one.
Over/under on the amount of times "13 episodes are too much" is said?

I'll try not to binge through it all. Curious to see how well season 2 is with no Cottonmouth at all. Felt JJ S2 suffered with no Kilgrave.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
I'm so ready for this!

Agreed 100%. It's a flaw, sure, but it doesn't need to be the focal point of discussion after this many years. its obviously their vision to continue doing it, so it's a waste of time talking about it.

I'm coming in dark on this show other than the first trailer, but Luke Cage had some of the highest highs of all the MCU shows, so I'm pretty damn hyped.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Interview with Mustafa Shakir:

I think he's gonna bring the villainy. Pretty cool he's a Harlem native too.

And if you couldn't finish the first season, here's Mike Colter recapping it for you:

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Cottonmouth will die in this season, and no signs of Diamondback, so it'll definitely be better than S1, I'm in

RoyaleDuke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nowhere
Holy shit she has her arm now!!!

Dudes I am hyped as fuck for this, but then again the only marvel stuff I didn't like so far with Netflix was defenders and iron fist being so terrible.

adrem007

Banned
Nov 26, 2017

How about they fix this shit? The fact that you can say it's a fault of every Marvel Netflix show is a big problem

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Is Danny Rand in this?

I feel like Danny Rand The Immortal Iron Fist protector of K'un-Lun and sworn enemy of the Hand is much more tolerable when not in his own show lead by Scott Buck. He was not the worst part of The Defenders (which is nothing to brag about, but that is something), and Luke/Danny had a few good moments together in that show. I wont complain about a guest appearance if he shows up.

Oct 26, 2017
Good to see the praise for Woodard. She was the best part of the back half of season 1. Glad to know she was given more of a spotlight.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this doesn't go bad 6 eps in and then keeps getting worse and worse with each ep.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've heard that somebody called Danny Rand the immortal Iron Fist protector of K'un-Lun and sworn enemy of the Hand is in this.

Looking forward to it.

SniperWolf1

Nov 8, 2017
Surprised to see Lucy Liu directed the first episode, I had no idea she directed. That being said the first episode was just alright. It felt pretty slow to me, especially in the middle. There was a lot of setting up characters and plotlines and some of it was pretty boring. That is until they introduced Bushmaster, who I'm really interested to learn more about. And it's great to see that they fully acknowledge the end of the Defenders unlike Jessica Jones S2. Also the music is still on point. Now on to episode 2 :D

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Not sure why the writers thought audiences would care about a plastics subplot.

Music is cool but too many musical performances bloating every episode out.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, doesnt happen often, but I was thrown off by the knife slicing eyes of the first episode. That was really gross. Even The Punisher was more subtile and elegant in the violence.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I can tell you that the finale is totally worth watching even if most of the rest of the season isn't.

Luke Cage the Kingpin is a genius idea and it would actually make for a helluva Defenders season 2 focus